Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Non League latest....

Comments

• MarcusH26 said:
    JiMMy 85 said:
    R0TW said:
    R0TW said:
    Weymouth (at home to Hampton & Richmond) just called their game off at 19:10.
    And we thought the Peterborough call was mistimed.
    A disgraceful decision, thought I can't imagine there would be more than a handful of Hampton supporters there
    Still had to pay for a coach and team to travel.
    Pennies to some, but pounds to others.
    As for supporters, makes no difference to me if it is 10 or 1000.
    Also as a semi-pro team pretty much everybody involved has a part time job. Weymouth is 2-3 hours away so most would need to take book time off work, which would’ve been wasted and not necessarily possible for the rearranged game. For us, Halifax called the game off twice, both times when we were waiting for the coach to pick us up! 

Dover seem to be the kings of late calloffs , think they've had 2-3 this season called off very very late. 
    Dover are getting a dose of their own medicine. Last season, in the FA Trophy, Dover were drawn away to Yate Town. The kick off was delayed due to a floodlight failure. The referee contacted the FA and it was agreed that the kick off could be delayed until 8.30. At 8.34, the problem was fixed. The FA and the referee agreed that if both sides were prepared to play, the game could go ahead. Dover decided not to play which must have massively pissed off their travelling fans. Bad luck this year, Dover, I say.

• MarcusH26 said:
    JiMMy 85 said:
    R0TW said:
    R0TW said:
    Weymouth (at home to Hampton & Richmond) just called their game off at 19:10.
    And we thought the Peterborough call was mistimed.
    A disgraceful decision, thought I can't imagine there would be more than a handful of Hampton supporters there
    Still had to pay for a coach and team to travel.
    Pennies to some, but pounds to others.
    As for supporters, makes no difference to me if it is 10 or 1000.
    Also as a semi-pro team pretty much everybody involved has a part time job. Weymouth is 2-3 hours away so most would need to take book time off work, which would’ve been wasted and not necessarily possible for the rearranged game. For us, Halifax called the game off twice, both times when we were waiting for the coach to pick us up! 

Dover seem to be the kings of late calloffs , think they've had 2-3 this season called off very very late. 
    Dover are getting a dose of their own medicine. Last season, in the FA Trophy, Dover were drawn away to Yate Town. The kick off was delayed due to a floodlight failure. The referee contacted the FA and it was agreed that the kick off could be delayed until 8.30. At 8.34, the problem was fixed. The FA and the referee agreed that if both sides were prepared to play, the game could go ahead. Dover decided not to play which must have massively pissed off their travelling fans. Bad luck this year, Dover, I say.

Oh they're calling their own games off very late , I think Worthing and Havant were down there and they called it off. 
  • Decent game at Welling today 2 2 against Dartford. Welling probably just about shaded it but can’t really argue with the draw.
    I too was there and I think you summed it up
  • Decent game at Welling today 2 2 against Dartford. Welling probably just about shaded it but can’t really argue with the draw.
    Glory hunter :-)
  • If you like non-League stuff, I do a weekly review, based around (but not confined to) the FA Trophy. You can subscribe here.

If you would like to see a sample, here's this week's review (it goes out every Tuesday).
  • Welling two nil up away from home
  • stonemuse said:
    Welling two nil up away from home
    now three
  • Sponsored links:

• clive said:
    Woosies needing hot water! Non league is a mans game, next they will be calling off games because the manicurist did not turn up.
  • edited February 2023
    Hamlet are in free fall losing 6-0 away to Worthing last night.
  • Bet of the day, Worthing at 5/4 :-)
  • Kap10 said:
    Dylan Gavin has just joined them on loan
  • Kap10 said:
    Small profile of him in Hamlet link, for those like me that don't know him

https://www.pitchero.com/clubs/dulwichhamlet/news/gavin-from-charlton-2762497.html
  • And former academy product Dan Bowry at CB for Worthing too. Don't think he ever made a senior appearance??? 
  • Kap10 said:
    And promptly gets a 6-0 hiding.
    Didn't really get much game time at Welling, with George Alexander (Gary’s son - Millwall) being the preferred choice.

• edited February 2023
    Dulwich Hamlet are certainly not having much luck at the moment.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="und" dir="ltr">🤩 <a href="https://t.co/TMHjHTBT7B">pic.twitter.com/TMHjHTBT7B</a></p>&mdash; Concord Rangers FC (@ConcordRangers) <a href="">February 25, 2023</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
  • Sponsored links:

• OK it's me. Follow Charlton and Hamlet.

Charlton on their second manager this season and third in less than a year and now Hamlet on third manager this season followinglong serving Gavins Rose's departure in September, his successor has now been replaced following total free fall and hovering just outside the relegation zone.

• Wrexham and Notts County are bloody mental . 

Former are on 91-pts, latter are currently on 87-pts (Should they hold on to their lead against Dorking).

They've each got nine games left.

One of those is going to have to settle for the Play-Offs, yet you expect both to go beyond 100-pts... Imagine achieving that, and failing to win promotion!!

Latter appear to have done a great job keeping up with Wrexham

Former are on 91-pts, latter are currently on 87-pts (Should they hold on to their lead against Dorking).

One of those is going to have to settle for the Play-Offs, yet you expect both to go beyond 100-pts... Imagine achieving that, and failing to win promotion!!

County have scored 93 goals in 37 games, yet are still 2 goals behind Wrexham

Having seen both teams play in the last fortnight I’d say County play great football and look like worthy champions. Wrexham play pretty basic stuff and have individuals that get them goals, mostly from set pieces. I’d like to see Notts County do it, even if their fans did give us loads of stick yesterday. 
  • As I was at the last moment unable to go to Cambridge, I took the opportunity to tick off another non league ground, and saw Haringey Borough just fail to hold on to a win over Isthmian Premier leaders Hornchurch.

3 former Addicks in the Hornchurch side, 2 obscure - Jamie Mascoll and Oliver Muldoon - plus the much travelled and now 38 Chris Dickson!
  • Bath away at Welling at 6/4 won’t be around for long.
  • https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65051171

Ben Foster has come out of retirement to play for Wrexham until the end of the season...
  • I can see the premier league players coming out on strike over this…..
    No doubt Gary Lineker and his stalwarts will be out the gate also.
    I somehow doubt it.
  • This is after all, the actual world, and not Twitter