Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Non League latest....

Comments

• edited April 2023
    FT: Wrexham 3-2 Notts County

Ben Foster saves a penalty with virtually the last kick of the game

What a game, I hope both sides go up, they each deserve it
  • Scunthorpe relegated from the National League

Their demise has been shocking
    not so long ago I saw them hammer Millwall at home in the League .. then they lost to them in the play offs.. Murray Wallace, a terrific defender joins the Lions from Scunny
    Like so many clubs, the owner/benefactor withdrew his support .. no money = good players leave/no good players want to join/managers come and go/morale disappears/relegation ensues .. even so, as you say this demise is pretty shocking .. and the town itself is struggling to keep the steel works functioning .. I hope the industry doesn't go the same way as the football club
  • Should be three up three down.
    conference and league two has little differing.
  • R0TW said:
    Should be three up three down.
    conference and league two has little differing.
    Since automatic promotion was introduced in 86-87, no side promoted from the National league has ever been relegated the following season, so that tells you there isn't any difference.

A lot of promoted sides go right through league 2, and a lot of sides who come down struggle to get back.
  • The biggest leap is from Step 2 to Step 1. The physicality of players in the NL was really surprising to the guys I work with, and most people I've listened to on this see the NL as pretty much the same quality as most of L2. 
  • That has clearly been proven by Maidstone this season
  • Belated congratulations to Ebbsfleet - won it at a canter after it looked as if dartford would make a fight of it.
  • Belated congratulations to Ebbsfleet - won it at a canter after it looked as if dartford would make a fight of it.
    Speaking as a Dartford supporter they are the Best team in the league by a mile. As much as I hate to say it.  Although our 8 goals in 2 games over Xmas was brilliant and thought we might catch them

now I realise we are very lucky to be second. We have been woeful last few games and the run in will be interesting. We.ll know more after Saturday once we’ve played one of our games in hand but I can see Oxford or Braintree catching us.  
  • R0TW said:
    That has clearly been proven by Maidstone this season
    And well proven by them too because it happened when they were last promoted to the NL too.
    Unfortunately, they have relied upon loan players for the most part, and it’s been a complete failure. Every few days this season they seem to have been announcing a “new player on loan” and let’s face it, most loan players are only at a club to improve themselves and not the club. Hopefully Ebbsfleet won’t go down the loan route, but will they have the financial clout to make permanent signings next season? 
  • While it's really useful for the EFL clubs, being able to loan out kids for short spells, I wonder if it might be beneficial for the NL and NLS/NLN if there was some sort of transfer window brought in. Maybe with additional windows at the end of October and in March.

At the moment, certain managers seem addicted to bringing in players, rather than trying to work with what they've got.
  • Sponsored links:

• cafckev said:
    R0TW said:
    That has clearly been proven by Maidstone this season
    And well proven by them too because it happened when they were last promoted to the NL too.
    Unfortunately, they have relied upon loan players for the most part, and it’s been a complete failure. Every few days this season they seem to have been announcing a “new player on loan” and let’s face it, most loan players are only at a club to improve themselves and not the club. Hopefully Ebbsfleet won’t go down the loan route, but will they have the financial clout to make permanent signings next season? 
    Albeit last time the Stones had 3 seasons at NL level including a mid table finish. And arguably it was only a rash decision by the owners to sack Jay Saunders after a short run of poor results and replace him with the untried Harry Wheeler that caused their relegation. Im pretty sure they would have been fine had they stuck with Saunders. 
    Speaking as a Dartford supporter they are the Best team in the league by a mile. As much as I hate to say it.  Although our 8 goals in 2 games over Xmas was brilliant and thought we might catch them

now I realise we are very lucky to be second. We have been woeful last few games and the run in will be interesting. We.ll know more after Saturday once we’ve played one of our games in hand but I can see Oxford or Braintree catching us.  
    I follow the Darts games on the Twitter account and then check the fans views on the dars Forum. There really hasn't been much to smile about since new years day. I look at Charlton's play off wins against Sunderland, and both times we went into those matches on a real roll of form. Dartford simply cannot string a series of wins together, and some of the losses (Weymouth away being a particular low point). I'm not entirely sold on the manager, but if we don't go up, there is a summer rebuild ahead and hopefully we can come out stronger. But the play offs look both guaranteed and a real struggle. The likes of Chelmsford, Oxford and Worthing are all on better runs than we are. Still time to step up a gear, but I'm not confident.

I follow the Darts games on the Twitter account and then check the fans views on the dars Forum. There really hasn't been much to smile about since new years day. I look at Charlton's play off wins against Sunderland, and both times we went into those matches on a real roll of form. Dartford simply cannot string a series of wins together, and some of the losses (Weymouth away being a particular low point). I'm not entirely sold on the manager, but if we don't go up, there is a summer rebuild ahead and hopefully we can come out stronger. But the play offs look both guaranteed and a real struggle. The likes of Chelmsford, Oxford and Worthing are all on better runs than we are. Still time to step up a gear, but I'm not confident.
    Unfortunate too that tomorrow's opponents Tonbridge last played a week ago on Good Friday, whereas Dartford have played twice since then on Monday and Thursday.
  • Bishops Stortford confirmed as Isthmian League champions - back in the National League. Great end to the season.
  • Congratulations to our 2nd team, Dorking Wanderers who gained a valuable point at Gateshead last night to ensure they retain their place in the National League for the 2nd season. 

I believe this was their main aim after they were promoted at the end of last season & will now look forward to the visit of newly promoted Ebbsfleet.

Well done, DW ! 
  • Bishops Stortford confirmed as Isthmian League champions - back in the National League. Great end to the season.
    Congratulations indeed. 
    I'm hoping Cray Wanderers will join them.
  • The National League North table has a right old battle going on for the 4th-7th play-off places with only two games left.

• Some very good play off games in both north and south.
    For those who have never been before, take a look.
    It isn’t as bad as you think
    As for Welling……
  • National League South will be very close for the playoffs , will come down to who hits form at the right time. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Oxford City for me, and Welling beat then 5 - 0.
  • edited April 2023
    I saw these dates for the NLS playoff games, published a year ago

https://www.thenationalleague.org.uk/key-dates-confirmed-for-the-202223-vanarama-nation-71003

Vanarama National League North/South
    Eliminator A – Tuesday 2 May - 5th place vs 6th place
    Eliminator B – Wednesday 3 May - 4th place vs 7th place
    Semi-Final 1 – Sunday 7 May - 2nd place vs Eliminator A Winner
    Semi-Final 2 – Sunday 7 May - 3rd place vs Eliminator B Winner
    Promotion Final – Sunday 14 May

The semis are on the same day as Charlton's final game, assuming they haven't moved
  • Congratulations to our 2nd team, Dorking Wanderers who gained a valuable point at Gateshead last night to ensure they retain their place in the National League for the 2nd season. 

I believe this was their main aim after they were promoted at the end of last season & will now look forward to the visit of newly promoted Ebbsfleet.

Well done, DW ! 
    It is an incredible achievement all things considered. 

We flew up for the game, and the gaffer insisted on taking everyone out to the nearest nightclub. They didn't want to let 30 blokes (and one girl) in but one of the bouncers knew us from the show. When Marc told them how much he was planning on spending we got fast tracked to a table and several giant bottles of vodka appeared! I've never experienced hangers on before, but we got surrounded with people looking to snog footballers and get free drinks. I was unimpressed and shooed them away! Got back to the hotel at 4am, flight was at 9am. I've got PTSD from that morning.  
  • JiMMy 85 said:
    Congratulations to our 2nd team, Dorking Wanderers who gained a valuable point at Gateshead last night to ensure they retain their place in the National League for the 2nd season. 

Well done, DW ! 

We flew up for the game, and the gaffer insisted on taking everyone out to the nearest nightclub. They didn't want to let 30 blokes (and one girl) in but one of the bouncers knew us from the show. When Marc told them how much he was planning on spending we got fast tracked to a table and several giant bottles of vodka appeared! I've never experienced hangers on before, but we got surrounded with people looking to snog footballers and get free drinks. I was unimpressed and shooed them away! Got back to the hotel at 4am, flight was at 9am. I've got PTSD from that morning.  
    Fantastic ! 

Marc is truly one of a kind ! 
    Congratulations indeed. 
    I'm hoping Cray Wanderers will join them.

F*** 'em, the owner supports palice.
  • JiMMy 85 said:
    Congratulations to our 2nd team, Dorking Wanderers who gained a valuable point at Gateshead last night to ensure they retain their place in the National League for the 2nd season. 

Well done, DW ! 

I was in a boozer one night after a Cardiff away game, I was not impressed when they thought I was Brian Flynn.
  • Whoops

Wrexham only need a win tonight to return to the EFL

They've gone 1-0 down within 44secs
  • CAFCTrev said:
    Great result for Welling beating Ebbsfleet 3-2, I’ll be at PVR on Tuesday for the final home game of the season.
    Yeah, I’m planning to be there too.
  • Surprised to see Weymouth in the bottom 4 in NLS. That will be 2 consecutive relegations for a big club at that level