Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Non League latest....

Comments

• Congratulations to our 2nd team, Dorking Wanderers who gained a valuable point at Gateshead last night to ensure they retain their place in the National League for the 2nd season. 

I believe this was their main aim after they were promoted at the end of last season & will now look forward to the visit of newly promoted Ebbsfleet.

Well done, DW ! 
    they deserve all the success they get after a midweek round trip schlep to the banks of the Tyne and similar multi mile motorway treks
  • Big game for Hamlet on Tuesday.

Playing Concord Rangers. Hamlet are 20th Played 44 47 points, Concord are  22nd have played 43 and have 43 points.

Concord are on a super sonic run with 4 wins out of 5, Hamlet have 2 wins 2 draws and a loss, but have been better at home as of late.

Cheshunt on 44 games and 43 points could benefit from a draw at Champion Hill. I'll be there Tuesday and if Hamlets survival is dependant on Saturday, I'll be there again!
  • If they still go up, the 1st minute goal against is a great narrative for the TV show 
  • Kap10 said:
    Big game for Hamlet on Tuesday.

Playing Concord Rangers. Hamlet are 20th Played 44 47 points, Concord are  22nd have played 43 and have 43 points.

Concord are on a super sonic run with 4 wins out of 5, Hamlet have 2 wins 2 draws and a loss, but have been better at home as of late.

Cheshunt on 44 games and 43 points could benefit from a draw at Champion Hill. I'll be there Tuesday and if Hamlets survival is dependant on Saturday, I'll be there again!
    I see Dulwich had 2 players sent off today, so suspensions could hurt them.

Dover look vulnerable
  • CAFCTrev said:
    Great result for Welling beating Ebbsfleet 3-2, I’ll be at PVR on Tuesday for the final home game of the season.
    Yeah, I’m planning to be there too.
    Glory hunter.
  • Kap10 said:
    Big game for Hamlet on Tuesday.

I so hope Concord turn them over
  • CAFCTrev said:
    Great result for Welling beating Ebbsfleet 3-2, I’ll be at PVR on Tuesday for the final home game of the season.
    The annoying part is that they have taken points off all the top 6/7.
    4 out of 6 against the champions, FA against Dartford, but done well against Chelmsford and Oxford (5-0)
  • Bit gutted, similar trait to last season, Maidstone, Welling won 3-2
    Should have had it at 80/1
    Can se Ebbsfleet doing a Maidstone next season, unless they spend
  • What a strike from Mullin!! 
  • Sponsored links:

• Two unbelievable goals from Mullin
  • edited April 2023
    Paul Mullin's:
    The Championship striker playing in the National League.
  • Paul Mullin's:
    The Championship striker playing in the National League.
    Certainly L1 level, when you see how Alfie May and Stockton stepped up.

The likes of Tozer, Lee and McConnell are L1 players too.
  • Well done Wrexham especially Phil Parkinson and Elliot Lee.

Whatever you think about their investment and their American owners, we would have loved our American owner to have done the same.

It maybe a vanity project but it is one with a successful result so far.
  • Congrats to Parky, Elliot Lee and Eoghan O'Connell

Wrexham fascinate me as would love to see how the likes of Ryan Reynolds would extradite themselves from the club, with his reputation in tact, especially if things turned Sandgaard South.

He doesnt seem that sort of person, although easy to pretend with his profession :D
  • Imagine they will be very short priced favourites to win league 2. Would take a brave person to persuade the bookies that Wrexham won’t be promoted again next summer.
  • Congrats to Parky, Elliot Lee and Eoghan O'Connell

Wrexham fascinate me as would love to see how the likes of Ryan Reynolds would extradite themselves from the club, with his reputation in tact, especially if things turned Sandgaard South.

He doesnt seem that sort of person, although easy to pretend with his profession :D
    They'll sell the club to Morgan Freeman and Tom Cruise!
  • I have nothing but respect for the superstar owners.

Put their money where their mouths are, in attendance most games, employ football people to take care of football matters , don’t medal it team matters, their family members are not involved, the list goes on. 
    Maybe he's heavily informed beforehand, but was impressed with Reynolds when Wrexham were on the BBC for the FA Cup this season - Seemed very clued up on things, and then spoke well post-Notts County the other week, saying how its ridiculous there is only one automatic promotion spot
  • Will be interesting to see how they go in League 2 , I don't think they'll have it all their own way. But a core of players with EFL experience is a good starting point. Will be interesting to see if they add more investors to go with Rob and Ryan as they progress.
  • Sponsored links:

• Surprised to see Weymouth in the bottom 4 in NLS. That will be 2 consecutive relegations for a big club at that level
    Steve Claridge might still play for them at 63 or however old he is.
  • MarcusH26 said:
    Will be interesting to see how they go in League 2 , I don't think they'll have it all their own way. But a core of players with EFL experience is a good starting point. Will be interesting to see if they add more investors to go with Rob and Ryan as they progress.
    That's been something he's done with Aviation Gin, Mint Mobile etc I think?  Come in, raise the profile etc, sell off a majority of his shares but retain some?
  • MarcusH26 said:
    Will be interesting to see how they go in League 2 , I don't think they'll have it all their own way. But a core of players with EFL experience is a good starting point. Will be interesting to see if they add more investors to go with Rob and Ryan as they progress.
    That's been something he's done with Aviation Gin, Mint Mobile etc I think?  Come in, raise the profile etc, sell off a majority of his shares but retain some?

Yeah that's a very good point , he's made some very very astute business decisions with his other businesses and been rewarded handsomely. Would expect he's not short of a few very well connected business associates he could bring on board as and when they need it. 
  • Didnt he just sell mint mobile for 1.2 billion?
  • Didnt he just sell mint mobile for 1.2 billion?

Believe he owned 25% so netted about £300m and is being kept on as the face of it. 
  • edited April 2023
    Don't like the 'underdog' line but any other ill feeling I have towards Wrexham all stems from pure jealousy. They'll be above us within 2 years 
  • Croydon said:
    Don't like the 'underdog' line but any other ill feeling I have towards Wrexham all stems from pure jealousy. They'll be above us within 2 years 
    They're a better team than us now.
  • Acab said:
    A team wins the National  league every season without American money buying the title and don’t get any slots week in week out on national news. Stockport could go up first time of trying but not a mention. 
    We live in age of the culture of personality, where eating a kangaroos penis or some other creatures anus puts you on the front page, where the leading competitions are dominated by USA or Oil billionairesit is not really surprising that a money club with massive owner personalities should get coverage greater than an unfashionable club like Stockport. Its no different just a different levels in the top flight.
  • I'd missed that Dartford are guaranteed to finish 2nd, so will have a home semi against the winner of the 5th vs 6th playoff