Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Non League latest....

Comments

• The relegation scrap is really interesting. Weymouth could overtake Dover if they beat them on Saturday. Concord have another game on Thursday
  • The relegation scrap is really interesting. Weymouth could overtake Dover if they beat them on Saturday. Concord have another game on Thursday

Let's hope that Concord do not get off to a flying start.

Let's hope that Concord do not get off to a flying start.
    They almost did tonight. Those of us supporting Dulwich hoping for a supersonic performance from the home team were disappointed with a 0-0 and now its down to Daturday ar hom to Chippenham.  Both sides hit the woodwork. Anynumbrr of clubs could go down.
  • Comfortable 3 0 win for Welling tonight, very good 2nd half performance.
    Young Lisbie with a brace.
  • MarcusH26 said:
    Didnt he just sell mint mobile for 1.2 billion?

Believe he owned 25% so netted about £300m and is being kept on as the face of it. 
    Deal hasn't gone through yet. US Department of justice are trying to stop it.

"DOJ's antitrust department is considering filing a lawsuit to stop the major deal as they fear the sale may drive up cellular prices for U.S. consumers."

I'm sure it will go through though once the correct people have been paid off.
  • Comfortable 3 0 win for Welling tonight, very good 2nd half performance.
    Didn’t see that scoreline coming after first 30 mins.
    As you say, very good second half.
    You must be a lucky omen, probably one of the best home performances this year (not season).
  • Some big play off games for teams aiming for the conference south tonight.
    Finals to be played this BH weekend
  • Interesting playoff at the weekend as part of sorting out promotion to the Isthmian League (step 4) from the various step 5 divisions. VCD Athletic will be at home, playing for their place at their current level, against next-door neighbours Phoenix Sports.
  • R0TW said:
    Some big play off games for teams aiming for the conference south tonight.
    Finals to be played this BH weekend
    The playoffs start next week. Dartford's semi final is on Sunday 7th, with the final on the 14th
  • Sponsored links:

• Entry to Conference South, not potential exit.
  • Kap10 said:
    Acab said:
    A team wins the National  league every season without American money buying the title and don’t get any slots week in week out on national news. Stockport could go up first time of trying but not a mention. 
    We live in age of the culture of personality, where eating a kangaroos penis or some other creatures anus puts you on the front page, where the leading competitions are dominated by USA or Oil billionairesit is not really surprising that a money club with massive owner personalities should get coverage greater than an unfashionable club like Stockport. Its no different just a different levels in the top flight.
    The 2 american owners of Wrexham are very astute.

I live in North Wales. The Welsh are massively patriotic and North & Mid Wales is starved of a club they can get behind, not just football but any sport. I'm so jealous tbh as they have ignited a fire in support we could only dream of. Plus they have harnessed interest world wide, your right about the You Tubers selling out the valley, the pull outside traditional football fans is massive.

I guarantee that their support will be massive until they reach their ceiling whatever that is and then it will still be sizable. Remember the welsh rugby team easily sells out grounds even when the team are struggling. If they found a welsh tindlewinks champion they would sell out stadiums the hunger for national pride is that high
  • R0TW said:
    Entry to Conference South, not potential exit.
    Sorry, ignore   :)

Is there a website with all the non league fixtures on it. Annoying that the BBC only goes as far as NLN/NLS
  • I use Flashscore mate
  • AndyG said:
    Kap10 said:
    Acab said:
    A team wins the National  league every season without American money buying the title and don’t get any slots week in week out on national news. Stockport could go up first time of trying but not a mention. 
    We live in age of the culture of personality, where eating a kangaroos penis or some other creatures anus puts you on the front page, where the leading competitions are dominated by USA or Oil billionairesit is not really surprising that a money club with massive owner personalities should get coverage greater than an unfashionable club like Stockport. Its no different just a different levels in the top flight.

I live in North Wales. The Welsh are massively patriotic and North & Mid Wales is starved of a club they can get behind,
    What about the all Europe conquering Total Network Solutions (TNS)

• Just down the road from my mums side of the family 
  • R0TW said:

Is there a website with all the non league fixtures on it. Annoying that the BBC only goes as far as NLN/NLS
    League fixtures for most reasonably serious leagues are on www.nonleaguematters.co.uk but I think they don't cover playoffs due to the software being set up for leagues.
  • R0TW said:

League fixtures for most reasonably serious leagues are on www.nonleaguematters.co.uk but I think they don't cover playoffs due to the software being set up for leagues.
    Thanks, there have been times when I've just fancied watching a fairly local non league game at a new ground, and it's been surprisingly hard to get upcoming fixtures even at Step 3 level!
  • All 4 play offs go to ET.
    Cray Wanderers 89 min equaliser
  • R0TW said:
    All 4 play offs go to ET.
    Cray Wanderers 89 min equaliser
    Cray beaten on pens after a 3-3 draw.
  • Sponsored links:

• Interesting playoff at the weekend as part of sorting out promotion to the Isthmian League (step 4) from the various step 5 divisions. VCD Athletic will be at home, playing for their place at their current level, against next-door neighbours Phoenix Sports.
    Will be there Saturday. Cmon Phoenix.
  • Won't be there but really hoping Phoenix turn VCD over leagues are won over the course of a season but a shocking last minute decision against Erith & Belvedere earlier in the season cost Phoenix the title.
  • One thing which always confuses me, as someone who now lives in north London, is the split between the Isthmian and Southern leagues,

For example my 2 nearest teams are Hendon and Wingate & Finchley, but the former play in the Southern, and the latter in the Isthmian. 
  • One thing which always confuses me, as someone who now lives in north London, is the split between the Isthmian and Southern leagues,

For example my 2 nearest teams are Hendon and Wingate & Finchley, but the former play in the Southern, and the latter in the Isthmian. 
    It baffles us at Hendon FC too. £26k done this season in travel costs!!!! 

Promotion from Isthmian into the Southern?
  • Simonsen said:
    One thing which always confuses me, as someone who now lives in north London, is the split between the Isthmian and Southern leagues,

I heard Oxford City could be in the NL North next season due to three southern teams going down from the NL, so their costs are going to go through the roof too! They need to get through the play-offs to make that travelling more worthwhile. 
  • Wonder where they'll put Bishops Stortford too given its Aveley or Hornchurch in the Isthmian Premier play off final. 
  • JiMMy 85 said:
    Simonsen said:
    One thing which always confuses me, as someone who now lives in north London, is the split between the Isthmian and Southern leagues,

I heard Oxford City could be in the NL North next season due to three southern teams going down from the NL, so their costs are going to go through the roof too! They need to get through the play-offs to make that travelling more worthwhile. 
    Any idea of the money involved between the two leagues? NL v NLN/NLS
  • Come on Concorde :smile:
  • AndyG said:
    Kap10 said:
    Acab said:

I live in North Wales. The Welsh are massively patriotic and North & Mid Wales is starved of a club they can get behind, not just football but any sport. I'm so jealous tbh as they have ignited a fire in support we could only dream of. Plus they have harnessed interest world wide, your right about the You Tubers selling out the valley, the pull outside traditional football fans is massive.

I guarantee that their support will be massive until they reach their ceiling whatever that is and then it will still be sizable. Remember the welsh rugby team easily sells out grounds even when the team are struggling. If they found a welsh tindlewinks champion they would sell out stadiums the hunger for national pride is that high
    I'm working in Wrexham at the moment and agree they have ignited the whole town, giving a lift that they haven't had for years. I also agree, I'm envious of them too apart from the fact that they are Welsh 😉