Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Non League latest....

Comments

• AndyG said:
    Kap10 said:
    Acab said:
    A team wins the National  league every season without American money buying the title and don’t get any slots week in week out on national news. Stockport could go up first time of trying but not a mention. 
    We live in age of the culture of personality, where eating a kangaroos penis or some other creatures anus puts you on the front page, where the leading competitions are dominated by USA or Oil billionairesit is not really surprising that a money club with massive owner personalities should get coverage greater than an unfashionable club like Stockport. Its no different just a different levels in the top flight.
    The 2 american owners of Wrexham are very astute.

I live in North Wales. The Welsh are massively patriotic and North & Mid Wales is starved of a club they can get behind, not just football but any sport. I'm so jealous tbh as they have ignited a fire in support we could only dream of. Plus they have harnessed interest world wide, your right about the You Tubers selling out the valley, the pull outside traditional football fans is massive.

I guarantee that their support will be massive until they reach their ceiling whatever that is and then it will still be sizable. Remember the welsh rugby team easily sells out grounds even when the team are struggling. If they found a welsh tindlewinks champion they would sell out stadiums the hunger for national pride is that high
    I'm working in Wrexham at the moment and agree they have ignited the whole town, giving a lift that they haven't had for years. I also agree, I'm envious of them too apart from the fact that they are Welsh 😉

I take it you are living in Chester B)
  • Concord lost so are down. Weymouth have to win at Dover on Saturday to save themselves and send Dover down, unless Dulwich lose as well in which case Dulwich will go down instead!
  • Concord were 3-2 up with 8 minutes to go.
  • R0TW said:
    JiMMy 85 said:
    Simonsen said:
    One thing which always confuses me, as someone who now lives in north London, is the split between the Isthmian and Southern leagues,

For example my 2 nearest teams are Hendon and Wingate & Finchley, but the former play in the Southern, and the latter in the Isthmian. 
    It baffles us at Hendon FC too. £26k done this season in travel costs!!!! 
    I heard Oxford City could be in the NL North next season due to three southern teams going down from the NL, so their costs are going to go through the roof too! They need to get through the play-offs to make that travelling more worthwhile. 
    Any idea of the money involved between the two leagues? NL v NLN/NLS
    As in income? I think the only difference is BT money but I don’t know how much. Each team is guaranteed two games I think but I’ve no idea what they get for that. 
  • Being Welsh is an accident of birth, it is not being a member of some kind of cult.
  • Concord lost so are down. Weymouth have to win at Dover on Saturday to save themselves and send Dover down, unless Dulwich lose as well in which case Dulwich will go down instead!
    If Dulwich go down it won’t affect their bar takings 
  • Taking the daughter and assorted family to Chelmsford v Taunton in the last game of the season, NLS. Chelmsford are already in the playoffs, so looking forward to getting the fixtures for that, might get a decent crowd (got 3k in the FA cup earlier this season)
  • It’s good to see Whitehawk on the way back up. After narrowing losing a National League South, the club plummeted. Their play-off win over Hythe means they are back in the Isthmian Premier.
  • edited April 2023
    Someone told me Erith and Belvedere got promoted to the Isthmian South this week. Apparently there first promotion in 25 years.
  • Someone told me Erith and Belvedere got promoted to the Isthmian South this week. Apparently their first promotion in 25 years.
    On Monday night away from home 
  • Sponsored links:

• AndyG said:
    Kap10 said:
    Acab said:
    A team wins the National  league every season without American money buying the title and don’t get any slots week in week out on national news. Stockport could go up first time of trying but not a mention. 
    We live in age of the culture of personality, where eating a kangaroos penis or some other creatures anus puts you on the front page, where the leading competitions are dominated by USA or Oil billionairesit is not really surprising that a money club with massive owner personalities should get coverage greater than an unfashionable club like Stockport. Its no different just a different levels in the top flight.
    The 2 american owners of Wrexham are very astute.

I live in North Wales. The Welsh are massively patriotic and North & Mid Wales is starved of a club they can get behind, not just football but any sport. I'm so jealous tbh as they have ignited a fire in support we could only dream of. Plus they have harnessed interest world wide, your right about the You Tubers selling out the valley, the pull outside traditional football fans is massive.

I guarantee that their support will be massive until they reach their ceiling whatever that is and then it will still be sizable. Remember the welsh rugby team easily sells out grounds even when the team are struggling. If they found a welsh tindlewinks champion they would sell out stadiums the hunger for national pride is that high
    I'm working in Wrexham at the moment and agree they have ignited the whole town, giving a lift that they haven't had for years. I also agree, I'm envious of them too apart from the fact that they are Welsh 😉

I take it you are living in Chester B)
    Oi stop it lol

North wales is great mate. 

I feel guilty I have 4 sons, 2 dont really follow football but 2 are CAFC and travel with me for games, imagine being them in a few years being CAFC supporters in the shadow of mighty Wrexham bearing in mind they were born there lol
    Dulwich going down at the moment on GD 
  • Phoenix last min penalty winner!!
  • Get in COYP
  • Go on Dulwich :-)
  • R0TW said:
    Go on Dulwich :-)
    Down on goal difference.....just said they have the highest average crowd in the NLS.
  • R0TW said:
    Down on goal difference.....just said they have the highest average crowd in the NLS.
    Highest average beer consumption certainly 😄
  • R0TW said:
    Highest average falaffel consumption certainly 😄
  • R0TW said:
    Well Dulwich did not get turned over but despite having their own fate in their hands both on Tuesday & Saturday they failed to get the one point they needed and Dover failed to play their part against Weymouth.

This has been a sba.nles of a season after the sacking of Gavin Rose,  2 permanent managers the latest of whom had to take a leave of a since in the run up to this mat following the illness and death of his mother

Will be the best supported club in the Isthmian League.

Supporting two shambles is very hard to take

• Sponsored links:

• Danny Mills was just a very tall person.
    Never a forward, or Manager, if only temporary.
  • shirty5 said:
    Concord lost so are down. Weymouth have to win at Dover on Saturday to save themselves and send Dover down, unless Dulwich lose as well in which case Dulwich will go down instead!
    If Dulwich go down it won’t affect their bar takings 
    Proof will be in the drinking 
  • Pretty impressive escape by Weymouth. Winning their last 3 games and 4 of the last 5 to stay up on goal difference.

Dulwich blew it at home in midweek by not beating a knackered Concord who had to play 8 games in the last 17 days of the season.
  • I hadn't realised that Josh Parker now plays for NLS Oxford City, playoff rivals for Dartford. A decent goal scoring season too, with 17 league goals.
  • So, Chelmsford playing at Alban's in Tuesday, winner plays at Dartford on Sunday 
  • Live on BT Sport, or a Firestick.
  • R0TW said:
    Wankers. Don’t like them. Not sure why. They seem a bit up their own arses. 
  • Hope we don’t get Chelmsford. Bogey side. We deserve to go up. And have a year on holiday in the top league and come straight back. 
  • I saw Dulwich Hamlet v Cheshunt a few weeks ago. Dulwich won 1-0 but both sides looked relegation material to me. I’m not surprised.
  • Hope we don’t get Chelmsford. Bogey side. We deserve to go up. And have a year on holiday in the top league and come straight back. 
    The playoff sides look much of a muchness really. 

The NLN playoffs by contrast have 2 sides, including 2nd placed King's Lynn, who've won their last 5 games.