Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Non League latest....

Comments

• RedPanda said:
    Aveley have been promoted to the NL South, which is even closer to Dartford than Welling is. 
    Very close, but not by public transport !!!
  • JiMMy 85 said:m
    R0TW said:
    Go on Dulwich :-)
    Down on goal difference.....just said they have the highest average crowd in the NLS.
    Wankers. Don’t like them. Not sure why. They seem a bit up their own arses. 
    I’ve taken a lot of abuse from NL fans over the last year or two but Dulwich didn’t say a word. Seemed like a pretty good bunch of people who said lovely things about the opposition after. 

I couldn’t say that about Eastleigh, Bromley, Maidstone, Dartford, York… 
    Our lot behind the goal are a bit lively at times. Not so much now they’ve banned teenagers the idiots. I do t like Dulwich due to th amount of knob hoorays they have following them.
  • Very pleased to see Truro out of the Southern League, as it's one less very costly journey for us at Hendon.

Of course, we are still praying that we get moved back to the Isthmian League......
  • JiMMy 85 said:m
    R0TW said:
    Go on Dulwich :-)
    Down on goal difference.....just said they have the highest average crowd in the NLS.
    Wankers. Don’t like them. Not sure why. They seem a bit up their own arses. 
    I’ve taken a lot of abuse from NL fans over the last year or two but Dulwich didn’t say a word. Seemed like a pretty good bunch of people who said lovely things about the opposition after. 

I couldn’t say that about Eastleigh, Bromley, Maidstone, Dartford, York… 
    Our lot behind the goal are a bit lively at times. Not so much now they’ve banned teenagers the idiots. I do t like Dulwich due to th amount of knob hoorays they have following them.
    A lot of people at Dulwich don't like the knob hoorays either...

Hamlet's relegation had arguably been coming for a while - the first Covid lockdown arguably saved them from going down three years ago.

Really, they should have amicably parted ways with Gavin Rose last summer and rebuilt then. Instead they left it until September and made a mess of it. Losing Rose also meant they lost his academy so they have to rebuild that too. 

Shame, because the club's in good shape off the pitch for the first time in years (partly thanks to the knob hoorays spending loads on beer). Hopefully they can hold onto Hakan Hayrettin and rebuild on the pitch next season. 
  • Am I they only one who isn't aware of the phrase knob hoorays?! 

I've heard of the expression 'hooray Henry' but not knob hoorays. 
  • The NL playoffs also start tonight. If the Charlton U21s weren't playing, I might have gone to Barnet to Borehamwood, which should be a tasty match
  • You'd think I'd be delighted having a non-league team renowned for having outspoken leftie beliefs and craft ale on my doorstep. But honestly I find Dulwich far too cringe. And when *I* find something too cringe...
  • The NL playoffs also start tonight. If the Charlton U21s weren't playing, I might have gone to Barnet to Borehamwood, which should be a tasty match
    I might go to the Woking one tomorrow as it's just up the road but not really rooting for anyone in the NL. County deserve it for the way they play, let alone their points tally. But them staying down wouldn't be the worst thing for the rest of us! 

Hoping Chelmsford go up from the South, would like to see the gaffer get some success. 
  • How did Dulwich get relegated packing out their ground week in week out? They probably have more fans than any of their non league neighbours
  • Sponsored links:

• Live coverage of Wrexham's open top bus parade on the BBC. What a fucking joke. 
    I think Stockport got similar coverage last season...
  • Watching the Chelmsford game. Pitch looks very narrow.
    Then realised the camera must be 1/4 mile away from the pitch
  • Borehamwood won at Barnet and face the daunting trip to Notts County next
  • Leuth said:
    You'd think I'd be delighted having a non-league team renowned for having outspoken leftie beliefs and craft ale on my doorstep. But honestly I find Dulwich far too cringe. And when *I* find something too cringe...
    Don't move to Clapton then ;-)
  • How did Dulwich get relegated packing out their ground week in week out? They probably have more fans than any of their non league neighbours
    Think St Albans topped the biggest league attendance for the season, beating both Ebbsfleet & Dulwich.
    Think it's about how you do on the pitch rather than filling the ground.
  • Just discovered that my local pub (very local indeed) is a Dulwich Hamlet pub. Gonna go there in Charlton get-up and really lord it over them 
  • iaitch said:
    How did Dulwich get relegated packing out their ground week in week out? They probably have more fans than any of their non league neighbours
    Think it's about how you do on the pitch rather than filling the ground.
    Agreed but with their huge matchday income (the bars alone take fortunes) they ought to have been able to stay in National South. That said, they are down and will probably have a good time back in the Isthmian Premier. If they get the right manager in, they should have a really good season. 
  • edited May 2023
    It's about how you spend the money,look at what we've wasted over the years.

Look at what Chelsea have spent and the state they're in.
  • Sponsored links:

• R0TW said:
    Just seen the news and I think Wrexham have just won the world cup.
    Parky always did like to park the bus
  • R0TW said:

It will all end in tears.
  • It's always sunny in Wrexham 
  • Big game for the Bromley boys tonight. Woking away. 
    They've spent a bit of money recently I believe. Hear they have added a new stand? 
  • R0TW said:
    I'm getting so fed up with it!!

The media keep going on about a 'fairytale story'
    Their National League wage budget is bigger than most League 1 clubs!!!!
  • R0TW said:
    I'm getting so fed up with it!!

The media keep going on about a 'fairytale story'
    Their National League wage budget is bigger than most League 1 clubs!!!!
    Simply reflects the media obsession with celebrity. Not much to  do with sport...
  • seth plum said:
    If there wasn’t a match on they wouldn’t be part of the experience.
    I think a lot of it is that there is a big part of the fan base can be described as guardianistas and have views that are not traditional views of many football fans and that the club buy into it.  Some would say that supporting LGBTQ +, the homeless, refugees is woke as if that were a bad thing.

Fortunately football is a broadchurch and there is room for all views and their is a home for everyone, in the case of some of us it's to a degree The Valley which is always my first love but also Champion Hill.
  • Leuth said:
    If you were wondering who to blame for Dulwich going down, well, literally as their last game kicked off I was moving into a flat ten minutes up the road from them. A little bit of that Charlton magic sparkle 
    Hopefully the new stadium which was approved for development as Hamlet went down is sufficiently far away from your new flat to miss any future sprinkles of Charlton magic sparkles 😀
  • Kap10 said:
    Leuth said:
    If you were wondering who to blame for Dulwich going down, well, literally as their last game kicked off I was moving into a flat ten minutes up the road from them. A little bit of that Charlton magic sparkle 
    Hopefully the new stadium which was approved for development as Hamlet went down is sufficiently far away from your new flat to miss any future sprinkles of Charlton magic sparkles 😀
    The new stadium is literally next door to the current one, so the curse of Leuth will still apply!
  • Woking v Bromley KO 7.45 on BT Sport 1.
    Bromley dominant first 10 mins.