Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Non League latest....

Comments

• New homes are now the size of matchboxes (see the new private enterprise Ferrier Estate, or the centre of Lewisham for example) so Welling United could probably get 115 new homes on the Tea Hut footprint.
  • What am I missing? 115 houses being built on
    wellings ground, where are welling going to play?
    On the Tennis Courts 
  • shirty5 said:
    What am I missing? 115 houses being built on
    wellings ground, where are welling going to play?
    On the Tennis Courts 
    Welling should have signed albie morgan, he was good at getting the ball over the net
  • Are the non league fixtures out yet. Keen to see how Ebbsfleet align with Charltons.
  • Are the non league fixtures out yet. Keen to see how Ebbsfleet align with Charltons.
    Next Wednesday for Gravesend and Northfleet

https://www.thenationalleague.org.uk/key-dates-confirmed-ahead-of-202324-season-76562
  • shirty5 said:
    Are the non league fixtures out yet. Keen to see how Ebbsfleet align with Charltons.
    Next Wednesday for Gravesend and Northfleet

https://www.thenationalleague.org.uk/key-dates-confirmed-ahead-of-202324-season-76562
    Thanks...yes still have G&N hats, scarves and shirts etc, still difficult not to shout out "come on Northfleet"
  • What land do Welling United actually own?
  • With regards to Welling, my take is that initial proposal will go in big, with local authority getting a reduction.
    Both parties win.

Pretty much the complete opposite as to what has happened with Cray Wanderers on the A20 site.

Maybe building a 115 storey block of flats?
    None, it's owned by Bexley Council
    Never knew that
  • Sponsored links:

• Though Saturday will be my first visit for a couple of seasons, I have a huge amount of affection for Welling’s ground. I grew up in walking distance, my first teenage job was house collecting for their weekly draw, and until a couple of seasons ago I’d regularly been going since the mid-80s. 

Wasn’t the same once the knocked down the side terrace stand and brought in E&B, but I feel sreally ad at the thought of their ground majorly changing.
  • Though Saturday will be my first visit for a couple of seasons, I have a huge amount of affection for Welling’s ground. I grew up in walking distance, my first teenage job was house collecting for their weekly draw, and until a couple of seasons ago I’d regularly been going since the mid-80s. 

Wasn’t the same once the knocked down the side terrace stand and brought in E&B, but I feel sreally ad at the thought of their ground majorly changing.
    I normally feel the same about traditional old grounds being modernised but honestly mate, the place is falling apart.
  • That’s sad to hear @DaveMehmet not been for a few seasons so suspect Saturday might be a bit of an eye opener
  • That’s sad to hear @DaveMehmet not been for a few seasons so suspect Saturday might be a bit of an eye opener
    I forgot the game was on this Saturday. We've got to drop our daughter off to her friends in Welling at 2 and am then free so may well pop along. I'll try and see if I can actually make it out of The Guy and into the ground for a change!
  • Just got this through the door.  
  • edited June 2023
    Interesting - Lita aren't a massive company, they're registered to an address in Charlton. Most recently they've been knocking down rundown terraces and the old Tills garage on Sandy Hill Road in Woolwich to build 34 flats: https://853.london/2021/01/06/victorian-terrace-to-go-as-greenwich-councillors-back-woolwich-development/

Struggling to see how 115 flats will fit in on that site - maybe they have Roland's property advisers on board. But Bexley Council likes building on parkland (see Old Farm Park in Sidcup) so would probably be amenable to a deal. 
    I forgot the game was on this Saturday. We've got to drop our daughter off to her friends in Welling at 2 and am then free so may well pop along. I'll try and see if I can actually make it out of The Guy and into the ground for a change!
    "Supporters are advised that this is an all-ticket game, meaning there will be no ticket sales on the day and all tickets must be purchased in advance of matchday."

So if there's a chance you might go, buy a ticket before the weekend.
  • Interesting - Lita aren't a massive company, they're registered to an address in Charlton. Most recently they've been knocking down rundown terraces and the old Tills garage on Sandy Hill Road in Woolwich to build 34 flats: https://853.london/2021/01/06/victorian-terrace-to-go-as-greenwich-councillors-back-woolwich-development/

Struggling to see how 115 flats will fit in on that site - maybe they have Roland's property advisers on board. But Bexley Council likes building on parkland (see Old Farm Park in Sidcup) so would probably be amenable to a deal. 
    If they built on the cricket ground next door they could, depending on how many floors they went up. They managed to build 50+ flats years ago on the old Crook Log swimming baths site and that space wasn't huge.
  • Interesting - Lita aren't a massive company, they're registered to an address in Charlton. Most recently they've been knocking down rundown terraces and the old Tills garage on Sandy Hill Road in Woolwich to build 34 flats: https://853.london/2021/01/06/victorian-terrace-to-go-as-greenwich-councillors-back-woolwich-development/

If they built on the cricket ground next door they could, depending on how many floors they went up. They managed to build 50+ flats years ago on the old Crook Log swimming baths site and that space wasn't huge.
    That's what I was thinking - maybe they mean that site. But to have retail on Park View Road you'd still have to push the ground back into the park.... unless you rotated the pitch, flattened the whole lot and the cricket club, and started again. 
    Baffling how Welling can put forward proposals on land they don't own. 
  • Sponsored links:

"Supporters are advised that this is an all-ticket game, meaning there will be no ticket sales on the day and all tickets must be purchased in advance of matchday."

So if there's a chance you might go, buy a ticket before the weekend.
    Cheers
    You can do it under planning law - I recall some people put in applications to build in Sadiq Khan's back garden to protest against changes he was making to London planning laws. But this looks like very early days, the kind of consultation you do before you put a formal plan in. 

I guess Welling have a long lease on the land and can strike a deal with the council. All councils like having new homes built, despite what they tell you on the doorstep at election time. 
    You can do it under planning law - I recall some people put in applications to build in Sadiq Khan's back garden to protest against changes he was making to London planning laws. But this looks like very early days, the kind of consultation you do before you put a formal plan in. 

I guess Welling have a long lease on the land and can strike a deal with the council. All councils like having new homes built, despite what they tell you on the doorstep at election time. 
    Not 115 houses though. On the land Welling actually use, you'd be lucky to squeeze 2 houses in.
    Give me a shout lads, will meet for a pint?

As an aside, notice Warren Feeney's parting shot on Dave TV last night :smile:

• As I am on the Sports Club Committee I can categorically say that the Sports Club have not been consulted or informed of these plans. They have no ownership of the Sports Club. 

I can't see it happening unless they are moving to a new ground and build on the pitch. However, that would require planning permission. 

• All will become clearer come the 10th, but the plan involves moving everything back towards the park. The actual footprint of the ground doesn't stop at the back of the terrace, it continues well into where the trees sit so there is room to play with. 
  • Max Kilman (who once played for Welling) could be on his way to Napoli for 35m.

Nothing that interesting there, but apparently his former club Maidenhead had a 20% sell on fee included in the deal when they sold him to Wolves.

7m would be absolutely crazy money for a club of their size.
  • National league:

Opening day fixtures

Saturday, 5 August

Aldershot Town v Oxford City

Altrincham v Dagenham & Redbridge

Barnet v Hartlepool United

Chesterfield v Dorking Wanderers

FC Halifax Town v Bromley

Gateshead v Boreham Wood

Kidderminster Harriers v Woking

Maidenhead United v AFC Fylde

Rochdale v Ebbsfleet United

Solihull Moors v Eastleigh

Southend United v Oldham Athletic

Wealdstone v York City

• I heard there's a back-up fixture list for if and when Southend get replaced by Torquay, should Southend not make it through their next court date.