Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Non League latest....

Comments

• https://www.erithtown.com/duplicate-5/

From 1st June 2023, Erith Town Football Club will be ground sharing at Sporting Club Thamesmeadfor the forthcoming 2023/24 and the 2024/25 seasons.

• Maidstone Utd have just announced the signing of Wellings player of the season Chi Ezennolim. The stones seem to be building a strong squad for the upcoming season 
  • So much for him looking for a step one or higher move.
  • cafckev said:
    Maidstone Utd have just announced the signing of Wellings player of the season Chi Ezennolim. The stones seem to be building a strong squad for the upcoming season 
    So are Billericay in the Isthmian.
    Took Azeez from Welling, now got Dan Wilkes.

• Hemel Hempstead have the lowest mileage playing northern teams combined around 300 miles less that Bishop Storford
    Hopefully Bishops Stortford can appeal...
    They have appealed but the question is who should be in the NLN instead of them? The league need 24 teams and they haven't done it just to piss BS off, so is there a strong case for it being another side instead?

I know it's rough on them, not only in what it costs but also for their part time players who will have to take time off work to get to long away games, but what alternative is there?
  • Hemel Hempstead have the lowest mileage playing northern teams combined around 300 miles less that Bishop Storford
    Hopefully Bishops Stortford can appeal...
    They have appealed but the question is who should be in the NLN instead of them? The league need 24 teams and they haven't done it just to piss BS off, so is there a strong case for it being another side instead?

I know it's rough on them, not only in what it costs but also for their part time players who will have to take time off work to get to long away games, but what alternative is there?
    Pragmatic decision: 23 in NLN and 25 in NLS.
  • Feeney gone from Welling
  • shirty5 said:
    https://www.erithtown.com/duplicate-5/

From 1st June 2023, Erith Town Football Club will be ground sharing at Sporting Club Thamesmeadfor the forthcoming 2023/24 and the 2024/25 seasons.

Initial 2 years and in talks for an overall 10 year deal. Massively under-marketed venue provides a bigger catchment area for the club to expand. 

So a positive future rather than pushing uphill dealing with the Leisure Centre and Bexley Council.
  • Anyone know anything about Hornchurch? How have they managed to get Steve Morrison to manage them, he was Cardiff City manager last season. I assume they are a real money club now.
  • Sponsored links:

• Anyone know anything about Hornchurch? How have they managed to get Steve Morrison to manage them, he was Cardiff City manager last season. I assume they are a real money club now.
    Yes, bizarre to take a job in the 7th tier of football after managing in the Championship 
  • And Paul Hayes at Dunmow Town!!
    Surely history not going to repeat itself.
    went to a lot of Hornchurch games in 2003/2004 as my flat where Lived at the time backed onto their ground.
    They had a dodgy owner who pumped loads of money into the club and got league players in on stupid money in attempt to go up to the National League but it was totally unsustainable.

His double glazing company Warmseal went bust owing loads of money - funnily enough all the goods they owned were bought for pennies in the pound by a new company Coldseal (guess who their owner was...) but the club went under and had to be reformed as AFC Hornchurch

Got to the Isthmian Prem playoffs in the last 2 seasons and lost , usually have a couple of ex pros in their side but don't think they properly chuck money at it. 

A very unusual appointment from the outside. 
  • Danny Bloor named new manager of Welling. Managed Eastbourne Borough until very recently. Probably one of the nicest blokes you will ever meet. 
  • Crystal Palace forward Wilfried Zaha and rapper Stormzy have agreed a deal to buy non-league club AFC Croydon.

The pair, who both grew up in the South London borough, are part of a three-man consortium alongside former Palace head of player care Danny Young.

AFC Croydon compete in the ninth tier of English football.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/66032753

• Sponsored links:

• Sounds exciting for the Wings if it all goes ahead.

Where are 115 new homes going though?
  • Pop along on the 10th.
    Will sling up any plans should they be made available.

On the pitch.
    Welling will be playing in Danson park  ;)
  • It's a cramped site, so I'm struggling to see where all those homes are going to go. 

Doesn’t sound exciting to me. 115 homes on a small  footprint without negatively impacting the club??
  • 115 homes?! Where the fuck are they going
  • edited June 2023
    Some may remember this came up about 6 years ago when Goldberg took over. Proposal was to have housing along Park View Road using the existing terracing and cricket pitch.

He came along to Bexleyheath sports club to discuss it. Was going to buy the southern part of Danson Park and put houses on my tennis courts!

As I'm on the committee,no such discussions have taken place about the latest proposal. I doubt planning permission had been sought,so all pie in the sky imo.
  • Do you think the scheme would also include the sports club as well @bolloxbolder ? From what you suggest it doesn’t, which would make the suggestion of 115 homes just on the football ground plot absurd
  • What am I missing? 115 houses being built on
    wellings ground, where are welling going to play?
  • It's going to look like Wimbledon's stadium probably, i.e. a total eyesore 

Interesting to see if they can do all this without any incursions onto Bexleyheath's cricket field