Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Non League latest....

Comments

• I did the planning application for the floodlights at my tennis club adjacent to  Wellings ground. Was surprised that the whole of Bexleyheath sports club,including the cricket pitch, was classified as Metropolitan Open Land as it was seen as a part of Danson Park.

I suspect Wellings ground is also classified as MOL too. If so I can't see it getting the go ahead.
    It is - I found a map online - MOP has same status as Green Belt…..
  • But the reality is they are not affecting the green belt are they?
  • R0TW said:
    But the reality is they are not affecting the green belt are they?
    It has same status in law as Green Belt

So, should not be approved 

Judging by the plans, totally out of keeping with the local area as well

Will probably get approved in the end though 

• We had a pre planning meeting and was told that provided the plan was within prescribed guidelines our floodlights would be approved. The reason for this was that although it was green belt land the principle had already been established that sport could be played on it.

Obviously we couldn't put houses on the courts, which was a part of Goldberg's plan a few years back. The only hope is the fact that there are already buildings there such as the gmb offices. 

I follow the wings but the proposal looks horrendous and out of character with the local area.
  • Agree, but would approve a slimmer version.
    This would obviously need to evaluate, cost/profit as an acceptable proposal 

• We had a pre planning meeting and was told that provided the plan was within prescribed guidelines our floodlights would be approved. The reason for this was that although it was green belt land the principle had already been established that sport could be played on it.

Obviously we couldn't put houses on the courts, which was a part of Goldberg's plan a few years back. The only hope is the fact that there are already buildings there such as the gmb offices. 

I follow the wings but the proposal looks horrendous and out of character with the local area.
    And a massive difference between building new sports buildings on the site, and building flats.

At Sparrows Lane for example, we had planning permission to expand the training ground buildings.
  • R0TW said:
    Agree, but would approve a slimmer version.

I think our wives would say the same about us mate!
  • edited July 2023
    Had some strange stuff on the pitch at The Valley but this might top any of that:

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/dunston-gateshead-fc-game-abandoned-27373389

• Genuinely the maddest thing I can recall happening at a game in this country in a long time.
  • Had some strange stuff on the pitch at The Valley but this might top any of that:

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/dunston-gateshead-fc-game-abandoned-27373389

A Gateshead FC match has been called off in chaos after a funeral hearse and a car were driven onto the pitch.https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-66273898A hearse on Gateshead FCs pitch
  • Sponsored links:

• cafctom said:
    Genuinely the maddest thing I can recall happening at a game in this country in a long time.

Gascoigne was probably driving the thing.
  • edited July 2023
    When you see what was on the posters and on the back of the hearse, it’s pretty chilling stuff. Wont post it on here as it’s probably not the place for it, but you’ll see it on social media.
  • cafctom said:
    When you see what was on the posters and on the back of the hearse, it’s pretty chilling stuff. Wont post it on here as it’s probably not the place for it, but you’ll see it on social media.
    I wasn't expecting that!!!! If you are going to pull a stunt like that, you would make sure you spell the key word correctly. 
  • cafctom said:
    If thats true, its a pretty good protest then
  • Live TNT Sports match selections:
    Saturday, August 5 – Rochdale v Ebbsfleet United (5.30pm)
    Saturday, August 12 – Bromley v Barnet (5.30pm)
    Saturday, August 19 – Chesterfield v Oldham Athletic (12.30pm)
    Saturday, August 26 – Hartlepool United v AFC Fylde (5.30pm)
    Monday, August 28 – Eastleigh v Aldershot Town (3pm)
    Saturday, September 2 – Gateshead v Oldham Athletic (5.30pm)
    Saturday, September 9 – Bromley v Maidenhead United (3pm)
    Saturday, September 16 – Kidderminster Harriers vs Solihull Moors (5.30pm)
    Saturday, September 23 – Woking v York City (12.30pm)
    Tuesday, September 26 – Rochdale v Chesterfield (7.45pm)
    Saturday, September 30 – Oxford City v Altrincham (5.30pm)
    https://www.thenationalleague.org.uk/another-super-six-fixtures-picked-for-tnt-sports-c-77114
  • clive said:
    Live TNT Sports match selections:
    https://www.thenationalleague.org.uk/another-super-six-fixtures-picked-for-tnt-sports-c-77114
    Wot ? No Dorking Wanderers ? 
  • Former Charlton treatment room attendee Lewis Page has joined Dagenham.

https://twitter.com/Dag_RedFC/status/1684564297689579521
  • Good luck to Lewis, a real shame that injuries wrecked his career.
  • clive said:
    We only had two last year and no home games at all on TV. I think TNT underestimate the club's popularity! 
  • clive said:
    Maybe an away trip for someone soon

https://twitter.com/wolfofclapham/status/1676568495738302464?s=46
  • Sponsored links:

• Does anyone know how Torquay & Yeovil have been doing during pre-season with transfers etc. Eastbourne 3rd favourites now and I know they really fancy themselves for promotion this season. 
  • Eastbourne is an interesting one. The new owner wanted me to work on a show about him but I couldn't fit it in. He's got a vision for how to run the club and is really going for it! Beardy left DW to go manage there and is really excited about how it's going. I really hope he does well. 
  • JiMMy 85 said:
    Eastbourne is an interesting one. The new owner wanted me to work on a show about him but I couldn't fit it in. He's got a vision for how to run the club and is really going for it! Beardy left DW to go manage there and is really excited about how it's going. I really hope he does well. 
    Huge plans down there to be a football league team in upcoming seasons. Biggest town to never have a football league club. Heard about the takeover in April and he’s got some huge plans. Eastbourne finished 9th last season and are expecting to be fighting until end of season for title.

Scunthorpe should walk national league north. Know someone whose had a huge bet on them to win it at 2/1. 
  • JiMMy 85 said:
    Eastbourne is an interesting one. The new owner wanted me to work on a show about him but I couldn't fit it in. He's got a vision for how to run the club and is really going for it! Beardy left DW to go manage there and is really excited about how it's going. I really hope he does well. 
    Scunthorpe should walk national league north. Know someone whose had a huge bet on them to win it at 2/1. 
    Hope so for them - Clubs are where they deserve to be, and League tables don't lie. But its been a torrid few years for their fans
  • JiMMy 85 said:
    Huge plans down there to be a football league team in upcoming seasons. Biggest town to never have a football league club. Heard about the takeover in April and he’s got some huge plans. Eastbourne finished 9th last season and are expecting to be fighting until end of season for title.

A brave man as they are in freefall.
  • JiMMy 85 said:
    They have also signed a couple of Ebbsfleet players from last season. Glad Ebbsfleet went up that league is going to be so completive next season.
  • JiMMy 85 said:

Still pretty crazy they've dropped that low. It wasn't that long ago they beat us in a Championship match.
  • Thommo said:
    I live near Bath and spend most weekends taking my youngster to watch Bath City, and pleased to hear tonight that Alex Fletcher (who was involved in horrific crash into a concrete wall which required complex neurosurgery late last year), has been cleared to play and Bath have signed him again to continue on his recovery. https://www.bathcityfc.com/alex-fletcher-to-return-to-play-for-bath-city/
    I didn’t know that; it’s great news.