Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Non League latest....

Comments

• R0TW said:

Fair Game recently shared this interesting insight into National League South funding

Each week for every 1000 fans who watch football, 451 will watch a Premier League match and 12 will attend a National League South match. Yet, for every £1000 football in England earns from broadcast revenues, £881 will go to Premier League clubs and just 15 pence to National League South sides.

And quite right too. 
    I would hazard a guess that for every £1000 of broadcast revenue over £990 of that is paid in order to show premier league football 
  • edited August 2023
    Kap10 said:
    Hamlet v Chatham today. Mixed results so far this season but so far as underwhelming almost as Charlton
    Hamlet 1-0 down at half time and go 2-0 down to a bizarre penalty (rebound off save from the penalty). Hamlet shepherding ball out for goal kick, referee motions as if giving a goal kick, player picks up ball and ref whistles and gives penalty. 
  • Kap10 said:
    Kap10 said:
    Hamlet v Chatham today. Mixed results so far this season but so far as underwhelming almost as Charlton
    Hamlet 1-0 down at half time and go 2-0 down to a bizarre penalty (rebound off save from the penalty). Hamlet shepherding ball out for goal kick, referee motions as if giving a goal kick, player picks up ball and ref whistles and gives penalty. 
    I was ten yards from it (having made the excellent decision to support Chatham) and the defender absolutely took it out for a corner. The fans were baying for a corner and the ref gave a penalty!

Chatham's 4th and 5th goals were absolute quality 
  • Another good win for the Wings at Tonbridge this afternoon. 1 0
  • Leuth said:
    Kap10 said:
    Kap10 said:
    I was ten yards from it (having made the excellent decision to support Chatham) and the defender absolutely took it out for a corner. The fans were baying for a corner and the ref gave a penalty!

I'm giving up football.

I was not close enough to be 100% about the penalty. 

Never leave a Charlton game early but Hamlet is different so left just on Chathams 5th so missed it so as far as I am concerned it was only 4-1 😅 
  • Kap10 said:
    Leuth said:
    Kap10 said:
    Kap10 said:

I'm giving up football.

I was not close enough to be 100% about the penalty. 

Never leave a Charlton game early but Hamlet is different so left just on Chathams 5th so missed it so as far as I am concerned it was only 4-1 😅 
    You missed Dulwich's second too tbf! 
  • How are Dulwich's crowds after relegation, as last season they seemed to be virtually selling out
  • Huge crowd for an Isthmian game, was p much full. Admittedly, bank holiday, good weather and no League football probably inflated it a bit 
  • Went to Barnet v Ebbsfleet today £22 to get in. Fleet gave a good account of themselves and lost their CH after 5 mins stretchered off.

Ref played 8 mins of injury time first half and they equalised in the last second. Overall he was poor. Barnet were much slicker and their experience showed.

Ebbsfleet hopefully will have a decent season. 
  • How are Dulwich's crowds after relegation, as last season they seemed to be virtually selling out
    2200 today. Not bad.
  • Sponsored links:

• And that was just in the faith room.
  • Kap10 said:
    How are Dulwich's crowds after relegation, as last season they seemed to be virtually selling out
    2200 today. Not bad.
    Amazing numbers, but then Dulwich seem almost as much a social club as a football club.
  • I hadn't realised that our former player Alan McLeary was now coaching at Dartford.
  • I hadn't realised that our former player Alan McLeary was now coaching at Dartford.
    Just glad we're finally stringing some wins together. It hasn't been a fun start to the season!
    Just glad we're finally stringing some wins together. It hasn't been a fun start to the season!
    A good bank holiday weekend!
    So am i.  Looked good yesterday - some actual passing instead of long ball. to be fair Dover were absolute shite though. That penalty though :)      
  • Went up there a couple of years ago with Worthing just after this current owner had taken over and there was a lot of talk about redeveloping the ground/moving to a new ground and pushing back to the Conference. Looks like unfortunately that never materialised in terms of investment. 
  • edited September 2023
    R0TW said:
    East Thurrock United fold.
    Remember them in the Conference South not too long ago.
    The money banded around in the Premier League, is everything that is wrong about football in this country.
    Even the money being offered now to women's football, yet this mob would have beat most of them.

It's the end of the Rocky road as East Thurrock United fold | Local News | News | Thurrock Nub News

Still, at least we have players like Henderson, Zouma, Greenwood, etc. to look up to....
    Great post mate and they forget that a lot of premier stars, start their careers at that level.
  • R0TW said:
    The money banded around in the Premier League, is everything that is wrong about football in this country.
    Even the money being offered now to women's football, yet this mob would have beat most of them.

It's the end of the Rocky road as East Thurrock United fold | Local News | News | Thurrock Nub News

Still, at least we have players like Henderson, Zouma, Greenwood, etc. to look up to....
    Shit news.

Went there with Dartford a few years ago, not that bad a set up for their size.

• Sponsored links:

• R0TW said:

That is sad - I went there a few years back to watch Darts play them - nice little ground and very friendly people - got chatting to an old boy there who had supported them since they were formed in 1969 - he had only missed a handful of home games over that time, and the club was his passion - very sad 
  • R0TW said:

That's a shame, decent place and a nice pub over the road. Only went there once, it was with you and I ended up quite pissed!
  • Shame. I can't work out who's at fault. Who owns the ground?
  • R0TW said:

That's a shame, decent place and a nice pub over the road. Only went there once, it was with you and I ended up quite pissed!
    Remember mate, a little village type pub.
    About Saturday? On a bit of a roll ATM
  • Shame. I can't work out who's at fault. Who owns the ground?
    The ground is owned by Britain’s richest Gypsy - Alfie Best - who bought the club in Feb 2023 - the whole thing has an incredibly bad smell about it…….
  • R0TW said:
    R0TW said:

Yeah, if I can get done in time I’ll be there. Probably drive though as I’m under strict instructions to be home, ready and sober by 6 as we’re going out.
  • Out? Or out out :smile:
  • Dartford Welling in next round of FA Cup.
    Very interesting. Might even make it on TV
  • R0TW said:
    R0TW said:

Yeah, if I can get done in time I’ll be there. Probably drive though as I’m under strict instructions to be home, ready and sober by 6 as we’re going out.

You need to get that thumb off your head.
  • R0TW said:
    Dartford Welling in next round of FA Cup.
    Very interesting. Might even make it on TV
    Might as well make it a bye for Dartford  ;)