Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Non League latest....

Comments

• Another great win for DW tonight...

3-1 at home to Wealdstone.

Onwards & upwards ! 

• Erith Town vs Dulwich Hamlet in the London Senior Cup. Same trophy that the Charlton U21s won last season.

2-0 win for Dulwich.
  • That’s great news.
    At least keep him until January 2nd please.
  • I was at Welling Town v Peckham Town on Saturday - at the old Cray Wanderers ground in Oxford Road, Sidcup. Really bobbly pitch, a little shack for a stand, social club at the back selling pints. Nice way to spend a sunny Saturday. 

https://www.brixtonbuzz.com/2023/09/in-photos-ten-man-peckham-town-get-thumped-2-5-at-welling-park-sat-16th-sept-2023/
    Thought the ground had gone by the wayside years ago.
  • Effectively a vote of confidence for Dowse...

So he'll be gone in a couple of weeks then if results don't pick up.........
  • edited September 2023
    As Bexleyheath sports club adjoins Welling's ground, we have some of their officials coming to speak to us next week. Unfortunately I'm away, so won't be in attendance.

We had a fun day a couple of weeks ago and the Deputy Mayor was there. He told a Sports Club Committee member that there was no chance the planning application would be approved.

As previously mentioned this aligns with my view having submitted a planning application for tennis floodlights a couple of years ago. Does seem strange that Welling have probably spent a lot of money they can't afford on this. I'm a Welling fan, so sincerely hope I'm wrong.
  • As Bexleyheath sports club adjoins Welling's ground, we have some of their officials coming to speak to us next week. Unfortunately I'm away, so won't be in attendance.

We had a fun day a couple of weeks ago and the Deputy Mayor was there. He told a Sports Club Committee member that there was no chance the planning application would be approved.

As previously mentioned this aligns with my view having submitted a planning application for tennis floodlights a couple of years ago. Does seem strange that Welling have probably spent a lot of money they can't afford on this. I'm a Welling fan, so sincerely hope I'm wrong.
    It does seem a peculiar planning application in all kinds of ways, but if you put the football club aside for a moment, far worse has been given approval on that stretch - that horrible Tesco, for a start.

Ultimately, though, if it gets thrown out and Lita/Welling go appealing to the planning inspector, it's going to be an ugly situation all round, particularly for a club that seems to be a lot more rooted in its community these days. 
  • The greatest structural flaw of our society is that it allows these people to be the ones who accumulate wealth and power
  • Sponsored links:

• Watched the Ebbsfleet V Dorking match tonight which finished with a 1-0 win for DW.

Really impressed by "our" performance. 

But wouldn't want to upset the Kent side's fans so will leave it there. 
     B) 
  • Watched the Ebbsfleet V Dorking match tonight which finished with a 1-0 win for DW.

B) 
    Did Solly play or is he suspended?
  • I was at Welling Town v Peckham Town on Saturday - at the old Cray Wanderers ground in Oxford Road, Sidcup. Really bobbly pitch, a little shack for a stand, social club at the back selling pints. Nice way to spend a sunny Saturday. 

https://www.brixtonbuzz.com/2023/09/in-photos-ten-man-peckham-town-get-thumped-2-5-at-welling-park-sat-16th-sept-2023/
    I played there for a couple seasons as dartford used it for their u21’s before princes park was build. Fucking awful pitch with a slope that should be illegal.
  • LenGlover said:
    Watched the Ebbsfleet V Dorking match tonight which finished with a 1-0 win for DW.

B) 
    Wasn't in the matchday squad.
  • LenGlover said:
    Watched the Ebbsfleet V Dorking match tonight which finished with a 1-0 win for DW.

B) 
    I was standing in the tunnel at full time. He was the first to come in. We made eye contact. He glared at me. I am not sure if it was personal or not. I was a bit sad about it to be honest! 

B) 
    Given that the formation was defined by who was available, and that was a bare 14, it was a hell of a performance. Kuhl, Kennedy, Briggs and Blair would all be subbed after 50 minutes normally given their lack of fitness but they ploughed through. 
  • JiMMy 85 said:
    LenGlover said:

B) 
    I was standing in the tunnel at full time. He was the first to come in. We made eye contact. He glared at me. I am not sure if it was personal or not. I was a bit sad about it to be honest! 
    Fuck him 
  • probably protecting himself, as his contract runs out in June and doesn't want to get injured
  • Sponsored links:

• JiMMy 85 said:
    LenGlover said:

B) 
    Were you wearing a Lee Bowyer mask?
  • JiMMy 85 said:
    LenGlover said:

B) 
    Apparently I didn't need one - in the Dorking v Ebbsfleet play-off final there were only a couple of minutes left and Dorking cleared the ball just as they were awarded a free kick. It landed close to me so I stepped forward and helped it down the line away from Solly in order to waste a few more seconds. Kutrieb went nuts and tried to get me booted off the touchline. I think he remembers that, because when I asked to film at their place last night, they were not keen and it took a lot of convincing to let me in!
  • edited December 2023
    So to summarise.
    You behaved like a c***, and they responded in a similar fashion.
  • So how would you describe your actions that evening, as you was representing the club?
  • R0TW said:
    So how would you describe your actions that evening, as you was representing the club?
    I was not representing the club, I work for myself.  

18 months ago I kicked a ball away and it was a bit out of order. I get that, I apologised for it, I cut it out the show I was making because I didn't want to celebrate that I did it. Ebbsfleet were apparently still annoyed about it. So this week I wanted to shoot an episode that promoted them and felt that me kicking a ball away two seasons ago wasn't really worth them losing out on free publicity for this week's game, but I did understand where they were coming from so I made assurances that they would have nothing to complain about and that they would be shown in a positive light. So me and my team did exactly as they asked on the shoot and I think it all worked out. But then I bump into some random guy on a message board who, not for the first time, abuses me. I'm a bit bemused by it to be honest. 
  • edited September 2023
    JiMMy 85 said:
    JiMMy 85 said:
    LenGlover said:

B) 
    Apparently I didn't need one - in the Dorking v Ebbsfleet play-off final there were only a couple of minutes left and Dorking cleared the ball just as they were awarded a free kick. It landed close to me so I stepped forward and helped it down the line away from Solly in order to waste a few more seconds. Kutrieb went nuts and tried to get me booted off the touchline. I think he remembers that, because when I asked to film at their place last night, they were not keen and it took a lot of convincing to let me in!

JiMMy 85 said:
    R0TW said:
    So how would you describe your actions that evening, as you was representing the club?

18 months ago I kicked a ball away and it was a bit out of order. I get that, I apologised for it, I cut it out the show I was making because I didn't want to celebrate that I did it. Ebbsfleet were apparently still annoyed about it. So this week I wanted to shoot an episode that promoted them and felt that me kicking a ball away two seasons ago wasn't really worth them losing out on free publicity for this week's game, but I did understand where they were coming from so I made assurances that they would have nothing to complain about and that they would be shown in a positive light. So me and my team did exactly as they asked on the shoot and I think it all worked out. But then I bump into some random guy on a message board who, not for the first time, abuses me. I'm a bit bemused by it to be honest. 
    I wasn't aware of this, but to be fair mate, I think Ebbsfleet have every right to still feel annoyed at you if you deliberately kicked the ball away to waste time in a very important game.  

I'm sorry mate as I'm not one for digging people out on internet forums, but that does seem a pretty shitty thing for someone in your position to have done
  • edited December 2023
    JiMMy 85 said:
    JiMMy 85 said:
    LenGlover said:

B) 

JiMMy 85 said:
    R0TW said:

I wasn't aware of this, but To be fair mate, I think Ebbsfleet have every right to still feel annoyed at you if you deliberately kicked the ball away to waste time in a very important game.  

I'm sorry mate as I'm not one for digging people out on internet forums, but that does seem a pretty shitty thing to have done
    If I hadn't admitted it was wrong and hadn't just told you I had apologised then I think digging me out would be fine. Although calling a stranger a c*** is still out of order. 
  • edited December 2023
    JiMMy 85 said:
    JiMMy 85 said:
    JiMMy 85 said:
    LenGlover said:

B) 

JiMMy 85 said:
    R0TW said:

I wasn't aware of this, but To be fair mate, I think Ebbsfleet have every right to still feel annoyed at you if you deliberately kicked the ball away to waste time in a very important game.  

I'm sorry mate as I'm not one for digging people out on internet forums, but that does seem a pretty shitty thing to have done
    If I hadn't admitted it was wrong and hadn't just told you I had apologised then I think digging me out would be fine. Although calling a stranger a c*** is still out of order. 
    Absolutely. That wasn't me though