Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Non League latest....

Comments

• Went to Ebbsfleet Vs Dag & Red yesterday

2 VERY poor sides, with the Daggers getting a late winner.

If that performance is anything to go by, Ebbsfleet are bang in trouble.  They could still be playing now & wouldn't have scored a goal.
    Seen a few of their games lately something isn't quite right there, I think it's 1-2-7 their last ten league games without the tepid displays in the fa cup. But seen a few Charlton games lately too, not much to compare between the two. 
  • Charlton or Cockfosters against Welling in the London Cup.
  • Welling 3 0 down at Braintree already. They’re having an awful season.
  • The mighty stones go marching on. An even better victory when it’s in the 4th minute of injury time
  • Erith Town winning at leaders Faversham 4-3 was one of the best wins I've been involved with.

Goalkeeper breaks a finger, conceeds 2 goals. Comes off at half time, Centre half goes in goal.

From kick off went through them and scored 4 goals in 2nd half. Amazing performance.

• cafckev said:
    The mighty stones go marching on. An even better victory when it’s in the 4th minute of injury time
    Fucking fuming i was - we put about 6 shots over the bar in the 2nd half. A classic last minute winner  -  we would have lost the pens anyway - we always do 
  • Welling go 3-1 up v Yeovil 
  • Welling go 3-1 up v Yeovil 
    great score so far!
  • super result Welling against league leaders!
  • Sponsored links:

• Tammy Abraham with a 13 minute hat trick.
  • The irony being me saying the bloke is $hit and needs dropping.
  • stonemuse said:
    super result Welling against league leaders!
    A coupon buster, as they used to say ...
  • JaShea99 said:
    Tammy Abraham with a 13 minute hat trick.
    I knew his form had taken a bit of a nosedive at Roma, but i didn't realise he'd sunk that far.....
  • binned off my plans to go to Carlisle a few weeks back so ended up at tenth-tier Lewisham Borough v Rochester Town at Ladywell Arena. Took until the second half to liven up, Lewisham won 4-1 with their last two goals coming when they were down to nine men.

It’s interesting there - they used to be the kind of team watched by two men and a dog and they nearly went out of business a few years back. Then they started offering free season tickets to borough residents and have capitalised on the success of Dulwich - like Peckham Town in the league below, there are a few ex-Dulwich regulars who got tired of the crowds at Champion Hill. Now they’re second in the league, bringing in the crowds (150-odd there yesterday) and thriving. 
  • Main contingent of Yeovil at Welling yesterday. Over 200 in a crowd of 826

A picture of the home end too for good measure. Bloody cold but loved it.

• Good to see the Danson Park end back in action at Welling.
  • I had four pints in the Guy Earl and put my football boots at the turnstile and got told to fuck off. Their loss.
  • R0TW said:
    It seems ridiculous that Luton are now premier league and their scouts are spending time watching national league south games.

Not doubting Kamara’s talent, just would have imagined Luton are looking further up the ladder 
  • Sponsored links:

• Normal service resumed at Welling
  • edited December 2023
    Decent point for the Wings at Aveley tonight, especially given they were losing 2-1 and down to 10 men at half time.Ended up 2-2
  • Mate, should have nicked it. Had a midfielder in goal for the second half.
    Great point, could have been 3.
    Will sling the highlights up when they issue them.
  • R0TW said:
    Mate, should have nicked it. Had a midfielder in goal for the second half.
    Great point, could have been 3.
    Will sling the highlights up when they issue them.
    I saw their keeper got sent off in the first half but how on earth did they not have a sub keeper on the bench?

I get that they're not Man City and resources are probably stretched at that level, but is there not a youth team keeper they could've named as a sub? 
  • You find a lot of clubs at this level don’t.
    Aveley, for example, never had one either.
  • Welling through to next round of FA trophy following another penalty shoot out.
    Draw on TalkSport 2 @15:15 today.
    Ball No. 25 for anyone who may have the slightest interest.
  • Dartford are concentrating on the far more important London Senior Cup  ;)
  • Chesterfield at home, should be a decent challenge
  • Hendon away to Oldham. Superb draw for a cash-strapped club.