Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Non League latest....

Comments

• Options
    Welling reject
  • Options
    Welling game off tomorrow. Think the manager is very happy with that.
    Chelmsford away Monday night.
    Signed a decent centre back, so defensively looking stronger.
    Welling lost their forward (Adom) to Gateshead.
    Good player, who will do well there.
    Lack of goals will cost Welling their Conference South status.
    Coupled with the academy buying up the old Co-Op ground opposite Sparrows Lane, makes me think, this was the directors end game.
    Can then use a number of grounds with lesser capacities, VCD, CVPM, for example.
  • Options
    edited January 19
    R0TW said:
    Coupled with the academy buying up the old Co-Op ground opposite Sparrows Lane, makes me think, this was the directors end game.
    Can then use a number of grounds with lesser capacities, VCD, CVPM, for example.
    Any news on the planning application? As I said at the time, having submitted one for the neighbouring sports club, I can't see it happening as it's on Metropolitan Open Land.
  • Options
    Hi guys, what I missed ?
  • Options
    R0TW said:
    Any news on the planning application? As I said at the time, having submitted one for the neighbouring sports club, I can't see it happening as it's on Metropolitan Open Land.
    Nothing as of yet. The silence is deafening 
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:
    We had a game up in York on Tuesday. On Monday night we were being tipped off by contacts up there that the pitch was frozen (despite being a hybrid 4G/ grass thing). York said it was fine officially and didn't allow an inspection. We got a coach at 11am, 20-odd people taking a full day off work and so on. At 1pm the gaffer got a call from the York gaffer that the game wouldn't be on. We were close to Nottingham by then. Cost the club £3-4k in total. 

What made it worse was, the gaffer was going up north anyway so we kept going for another 90 minutes so he could go to Chesterfield! Players were furious - 90 minutes after being told we were looking out the window, knowing we were heading the wrong way still. The gaffer said we had to go to the hotel where we were stopping for lunch. We got there and lunch wasn't even ready. We had to wait 30 minutes for some dried out chicken. One player - Bob - was running around the room harassing those of us eating, demanding we finish our food so we could go home. Then as we all left the room, the bus driver came in and asked if he could eat some chicken before we left, but the chicken was all gone so they said they would make him some more. Bob lost his mind. 

We got back at 7pm after 30 games of Uno. Ultimately, we had an 8 hour round trip just to eat some dried chicken in a 3 star hotel. 
    This tale is a good reason to go vegetarian.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    JiMMy 85 said:
    We had a game up in York on Tuesday. On Monday night we were being tipped off by contacts up there that the pitch was frozen (despite being a hybrid 4G/ grass thing). York said it was fine officially and didn't allow an inspection. We got a coach at 11am, 20-odd people taking a full day off work and so on. At 1pm the gaffer got a call from the York gaffer that the game wouldn't be on. We were close to Nottingham by then. Cost the club £3-4k in total. 

What made it worse was, the gaffer was going up north anyway so we kept going for another 90 minutes so he could go to Chesterfield! Players were furious - 90 minutes after being told we were looking out the window, knowing we were heading the wrong way still. The gaffer said we had to go to the hotel where we were stopping for lunch. We got there and lunch wasn't even ready. We had to wait 30 minutes for some dried out chicken. One player - Bob - was running around the room harassing those of us eating, demanding we finish our food so we could go home. Then as we all left the room, the bus driver came in and asked if he could eat some chicken before we left, but the chicken was all gone so they said they would make him some more. Bob lost his mind. 

We got back at 7pm after 30 games of Uno. Ultimately, we had an 8 hour round trip just to eat some dried chicken in a 3 star hotel. 
    This tale is a good reason to go vegetarian.
    Or find an Aberdeen Steak house for the next long away trip 
  • Options
    Had no idea Erith Town now played at Bayliss Avenue just down the road from me. Driven passed it a bunch of times, looks like a nice modern little ground. Really need to catch a game. 
  • Options
    Popped over to VCD yesterday, nice little set up.
    Had a pint and realised Phoenix were at home to Herne Bay, so walked around to there.
    Also, nice little ground.
    Phoenix went a goal down, and made a go of it in the second half, only for their captain goalkeeper to make a mistake.
    0-2 Herne Bay.
  • Options
    Has anyone ever been to Oxford City's ground, If so are there any pubs local to the stadium and how easy is it to get there by Public Transport. I know its a few miles outside of the city centre and there is an hourly bus service there, just wandered if anyone has travelled this way. Thanks.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Has anyone ever been to Oxford City's ground, If so are there any pubs local to the stadium and how easy is it to get there by Public Transport. I know it’s a few miles outside of the city centre and there is an hourly bus service there, just wandered if anyone has travelled this way. Thanks.
    I went to Oxford City a year or two before Covid, 2017ish. You’re right it’s on the north side of the city. Looking at maps, I’m more or less sure we went to the Red Lion in Old Marston which sold decent food and beer. It’s a 5-10 min walk from the ground.
  • Options
    Has anyone ever been to Oxford City's ground, If so are there any pubs local to the stadium and how easy is it to get there by Public Transport. I know it’s a few miles outside of the city centre and there is an hourly bus service there, just wandered if anyone has travelled this way. Thanks.
    I went to Oxford City a year or two before Covid, 2017ish. You’re right it’s on the north side of the city. Looking at maps, I’m more or less sure we went to the Red Lion in Old Marston which sold decent food and beer. It’s a 5-10 min walk from the ground.
    Thanks.
  • Options
    Been a couple of times mate. Ball ache of a place to get to.
    Have a pint near the station and jump in a cab.
    Whoever said you can walk it in 10 mins has got fucking long legs.
  • Options
    Is there a form of action/process that could be placed on Park View Road to prevent it turning into housing?
    Just after some simple advice I could search and have a read of. Thanks.
  • Options
    R0TW said:
    Been a couple of times mate. Ball ache of a place to get to.
    Have a pint near the station and jump in a cab.
    Whoever said you can walk it in 10 mins has got fucking long legs.
    10 mins from the pub to the ground not from the station to the ground.
  • Options
    Went to Ebbsfleet yesterday. Bumped into young Lennie Lawrence, well sort of.. I had to ask a Hartlepool player after the game who was signing some shirts if I could speak to Lennie. Proper stalker alert. He went over to Lennie and said some bloke who's a Charlton fan wants to speak to you. Shook his hand told him how we are great-full for what he did at Charlton and said its a shame your here rather than manger of us. wished him well and congratulated him on a win. Was a good goal by them to win 1 nil in an otherwise crap game. 
    I was at this too.  Dreadful game but worth it for the only goal tbf
  • Options
    Has anyone ever been to Oxford City's ground, If so are there any pubs local to the stadium and how easy is it to get there by Public Transport. I know its a few miles outside of the city centre and there is an hourly bus service there, just wandered if anyone has travelled this way. Thanks.
    I've only ever driven to get there, but there's a bus that goes to the hospital via a loop into the north of the city that runs past the ground every 30 minutes. I think it's the 14 but don't take my word for that. 
  • Options
    I've only ever driven to get there, but there's a bus that goes to the hospital via a loop into the north of the city that runs past the ground every 30 minutes. I think it's the 14 but don't take my word for that. 
    Thanks it is the no 14. But just like trying to get a bus back to Oxford from the kassam I guess. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    R0TW said:

Bit of an update
    The planning has been submitted, but with E&B being joint leaseholders, have yet to agree, therefore not formally complete.
    Whichever way it goes, due to the extreme state of PVR, this will be the last season Welling play there.
    It will cost far too much to bring the ground up to standard.
    Welling need to tell the FA where they will be playing by CoB next Friday.
    It is looking probable that Tonbridge may be the answer.
    They are however, confident that planning will be approved, or otherwise Bexley council will simply be left with an abandoned ground.
    No doubt a formal club statement will be announced in the forthcoming week.
    With all the money floating around the premier league, it is such a shame it has come to this.
  • Options
    R0TW said:
    R0TW said:

Bit of an update
    The planning has been submitted, but with E&B being joint leaseholders, have yet to agree, therefore not formally complete.
    Whichever way it goes, due to the extreme state of PVR, this will be the last season Welling play there.
    It will cost far too much to bring the ground up to standard.
    Welling need to tell the FA where they will be playing by CoB next Friday.
    It is looking probable that Tonbridge may be the answer.
    They are however, confident that planning will be approved, or otherwise Bexley council will simply be left with an abandoned ground.
    No doubt a formal club statement will be announced in the forthcoming week.
    With all the money floating around the premier league, it is such a shame it has come to this.
    The fact that they're almost certainly going to be relegated makes it easier to find a ground that meets the required standard for next season.

Fear for them long term though. Developers will find a way around gaining planning to build on the entire site without the club.
  • Options
    edited January 26
    No mate, this was discussed.
    Only looking for a ground that is NLS compliant.
    Think the ground has a form of caveat on it as being Metropolitan open space, or words to that effect.
    What that means to a developer though?
    Ironic that the same directors have a separate company that is building a new complex opposite sparrows lane (old Co-Op ground).
  • Options
    Maybe it is me putting the bokkers on any club I support...
  • Options
    edited January 26
    I never realised the ground was that bad, especially since they restored the Park end. No future at Tonbridge.
  • Options
    R0TW said:
    Maybe it is me putting the bokkers on any club I support...
    I said to my wife this week after both Welling & Charlton lost again "why did I choose 2 such shit teams to support"!
  • Options
    A sad week for Welling with the passing of Barrie Hobbins and Wayne Brown.
  • Options
    R0TW said:
    R0TW said:

I don't know Bexley very well, but from my experience councillors don't like being blackmailed. 
  • Options
    How can Welling propose redeveloping a ground when they don't own it?