Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Non League latest....

Comments

• Options
    How can Welling propose redeveloping a ground when they don't own it?
    You don't need to own a piece of land freehold, or at all, to apply for planning permission on it. A few people applied to Wandsworth for planning permission to build in Sadiq Khan's back garden in Tooting as a protest about him including back-garden developments in London planning policy. 
  • Options
    edited January 26
    Tonbridge would be a pretty awful solution although as a short term thing I guess needs must. But that is a horrible journey and will hit attendances I'd guess. Sadly I can't think of a better option in the area, although maybe Cray Valley Paper Mills would be an option short term? 
  • Options
    They (and E&B) still own the lease for the next 25 years.
    The bottom line is, Welling just cannot afford to throw at least £100k at it, just to keep it going for another season or two.
    The way I see it is that they pay E&B off, becoming sole tenants, then simply saying to Bexley, here's our application, work with us, or here's the keys back.
    Although, I do not know what the leasehold costs are, potentially it is a low figure, they will simply keep paying the lease but not maintain the ground.
    I think they are planning along these lines as they wish to keep operating office functional and club shop (portakabin).
    At least for the planned couple of years they are away.
    Like I say, all ifs and buts, but should hear something solid over the next week or two.
  • Options
    Tonbridge would be a pretty awful solution although as a short term thing I guess needs must. But that is a horrible journey and will hit attendances I'd guess. Sadly I can't think of a better option in the area, although maybe Cray Valley Paper Mills would be an option short term? 
    Would Cray Valley PM meet the ground grading for that level?

Dulwich Hamlet would be a better solution than Tonbridge Angels (even if it doesn't have Fuggles beer bar around the corner). 
  • Options
    Wouldn't Ebbsfleet be a better option for Welling? 
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    An even better option than Tonbridge.
  • Options
    No doubt too expensive but sharing with Charlton would be better.
  • Options
    Ground has to hold in excess of 3k for NLS
  • Options
    Would Cray Valley PM meet the ground grading for that level?

Dulwich Hamlet would be a better solution than Tonbridge Angels (even if it doesn't have Fuggles beer bar around the corner). 
    Dulwich having ground redeveloped.
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    Ebbsfleet not interested
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    You are all picking names out of the hat. They have tried every possible avenue.
    Even the new Cray wanderers ground on the A20 (due to open for 2024-25 season)
  • Options
    R0TW said:
    You are all picking names out of the hat. They have tried every possible avenue.
    What about Erith and Belvedere's ground?
  • Options
    R0TW said:
    It's likely Welling won't be in the NLS next season though.

• Options
    R0TW said:
    What about Erith and Belvedere's ground?
    I'm going there tomorrow, I'll ask at customer services.
  • Options
    R0TW said:

I would imagine they're looking further than next season though and don't want to be denied promotion if they were to win the league.
  • Options
    R0TW said:

I would imagine they're looking further than next season though and don't want to be denied promotion if they were to win the league.
    Exactly that mate. 
  • Options
    Clearly had made their minds up before the win at Hemel yesterday 
  • Options
    edited January 28
    Regarding Welling United.
    This was known about prior to KO yesterday. Already had their new manager watching the game.
    They have a key benefactor (Andy Curran) who's son (Taylor) is being played solely ted set up (two differing businesses).due to the money he has given to welling United.
    Yesterday being a prime example. they had an established first team defender on the bench, yet brought Taylor on in time added on.
    low and behold, Welling immediately concede.
    I will be asking Tuesday night, how much it costs to get your son a game. Mine is turning 18 shortly, and would like a run out.

Regarding Andy Curran. His background is dark to say the least.
    Tried this tactic at both Swindon, who went into administration, and also Maidstone.
    Also tried to backhandedly purchase Rochdale, by attempting to buy up shares and be a major shareholder.
    The whole thing stinks from top to bottom.
    Word has it that Goldburg will be seen back shortly.

A few reference links for anyone interested.
    A lot of comments that have clear parallels to Wellings current plight.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/forum/274036/the-andy-curran-swindon-town-legacy

https://www.kentonline.co.uk/maidstone/sport/curran-responds-to-abuse-from-swindon-fans-253698/

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/businessman-who-attempted-hostile-takeover-22717152

https://manchestermill.co.uk/p/they-wanted-control-of-the-club-but
  • Options
    Andy Curran's name rings a bell , wasn't he part of that Southall attempted takeover group at Rochdale? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Correct.
  • Options
    https://www.ebbsfleetunited.co.uk/club-statement-dennis-kutrieb/

Ebbsfleet part company with Dennis Kutrieb 
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    https://www.ebbsfleetunited.co.uk/club-statement-dennis-kutrieb/

Ebbsfleet part company with Dennis Kutrieb 
    Probably should've happened weeks ago 
  • Options
    A clean sweep of Dartford, Charlton, Welling and Ebbsfleet all removing managers within a couple of weeks.

I imagine the Dulwich manager is getting nervous  :D
  • Options
    https://x.com/nathanswfc04_2/status/1751696743291408765?s=20 Wednesday desperate to let everyone know how massive they are again  :D  
  • Options
    Really surprised about Dennis going. Thought he was tied in there for a long time, especially after some of the runs they've had this season and how well he got on with the chairman (I think). 2 wins in the last 4 is the best they've had it all season too. 
  • Options
    Could Solly get a player manager gig?
  • Options
    edited January 29
    Went to Oxford City on Saturday and the game was poor. A lot of the fleet fans were saying the players don't give a shit, which I found surprising but the performance echoed that. Really poor ref but fleets defending for their goal resembled some of our defending this season. Both will go down. 

For those who gave me travel advice a taxi there cost a tenner and only £7 back despite it taking twice as long. Both from/to the city centre. 
  • Options
    A clean sweep of Dartford, Charlton, Welling and Ebbsfleet all removing managers within a couple of weeks.

I imagine the Dulwich manager is getting ne:hushed: 
    Maybe we could have a manager go round. Kutrieb for Charlton perhaps.
  • Options
    Been trying to understand this whole welling United situation. Looked on their fans website and Tonbridge sounds like it's a definite for next 2 seasons but I can't see any confirmation on that. Plus I'm not even sure erith and belvedere have agreed and also if any planning permission has been granted by Bexley council for this redevelopment. Course I haven't done much research into it so could of missed all of that.