Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Non League latest....

Comments

• Options
    edited January 30
    E&B not agreed, hence no formal submittal
    Welling possibly keep lease, but no football at PVR due to H&S plus non compliance to NLS.
    Both sides play elsewhere.
    E&B needing funding to move, all a bit of a trade off.
    All up in the air ATM, but that Andy Curran appears to be one dodgy fucker.
    Coupled with Mark Goldberg’s son in law being a major shareholder, makes the whole thing stink.
  • Options
    Great win for the Wings tonight, 2 1 against Hampton & Richmond. Still a way off safety considering they’ve played a lot more games than those above them but 2 wins on the spin have given them a fighting chance.
  • Options
    Aaron Henry sent off for 2 yellows tonight for Wealdstone who drew 3-3 with Aldershot. 
  • Options
    edited January 30
    Great win for the Wings tonight, 2 1 against Hampton & Richmond. Still a way off safety considering they’ve played a lot more games than those above them but 2 wins on the spin have given them a fighting chance.
    Especially playing with 10 men at 1-1
    Taunton at home Saturday mate?
  • Options
    R0TW said:
    Especially playing with 10 men at 1-1
    Taunton at home Saturday mate?
    Doubtful mate, but will try. Wanted to go tonight but got caught up. 
  • Options
    I know a lot of Welling fans dont like the Fleet, but i really hope Welling FC get out of both situations they are in.
  • Options
    I think they want to go down. Bloody players trying to play well. 
  • Options
    Hendon away to Wealdstone in FA Trophy will be without a recognised striker (both are suspended). 

Anyone got a young striker they can lend us for a month? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bunked off from The Valley for a Dulwich awayday to Margate - dominant Hamlet performance and a 4-1 win. Feels like the rot has finally been stoped at Dulwich, and there's an outside chance of them getting in the play-offs. 

Margate were poor and looked like relegation candidates, which has got to hurt with Ramsgate on the up...
  • Options
    I hadn't realised that London City Lionesses also play at Princes Park, as their game tonight vs Arsenal women has been postponed due to a waterlogged pitch, despite the rain not being particularly heavy.

Are too many teams playing there? Our U21s played there on Monday, Dartford played QPR U21s yesterday, while London City Lionesses were meant to play there tonight. 3 days running would test any pitch.
  • Options

Erith & Belvedere

Club Statement from our Co Chair Person Paul Springett regarding the clubs future in Welling

We are pleased to confirm that Erith & Belvedere FC will unequivocally be playing the entirety of the 2024/25 season at Park View Road, and our commitment extends well into the future. Contrary to any circulating rumors, we assert with confidence that our home remains at Park View Road. With 26 years remaining on our lease, we are not only rooted in our current location but also eagerly anticipate the opportunities and growth that lie ahead within this esteemed venue. Our resolve to continue thriving at Park View Road is unwavering, and we look forward to the continued support of our fans and community as we embark on this journey together.

Furthermore, we reaffirm our desire to continue building a mutually beneficial future alongside Welling United FC.

Both clubs boast proud histories, and we are enthusiastic about the prospect of further collaboration. Park View Road stands as more than just a stadium; it is a fantastic historical venue with rich traditions that we are honored to be a part of. Our shared commitment to preserving and enhancing this legacy is unwavering, and we look forward to the continued support of our fans and community as we embark on this journey together.

https://www.thederes.co.uk/news/club-statement-2832946.html

• Options
    E & B released a statement yesterday saying they will be playing football next season PVR, so a stand off here
  • Options
    edited February 12
    I don’t see how E&B can afford to pay for it 
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    I think they are using the buildings above Tescos as their precedent 
  • Options
    Surely if Welling break the terms of their lease with E & B they we have to compensate them.
  • Options
    clive said:

Erith & Belvedere

Club Statement from our Co Chair Person Paul Springett regarding the clubs future in Welling

We are pleased to confirm that Erith & Belvedere FC will unequivocally be playing the entirety of the 2024/25 season at Park View Road, and our commitment extends well into the future. Contrary to any circulating rumors, we assert with confidence that our home remains at Park View Road. With 26 years remaining on our lease, we are not only rooted in our current location but also eagerly anticipate the opportunities and growth that lie ahead within this esteemed venue. Our resolve to continue thriving at Park View Road is unwavering, and we look forward to the continued support of our fans and community as we embark on this journey together.

Furthermore, we reaffirm our desire to continue building a mutually beneficial future alongside Welling United FC.

Both clubs boast proud histories, and we are enthusiastic about the prospect of further collaboration. Park View Road stands as more than just a stadium; it is a fantastic historical venue with rich traditions that we are honored to be a part of. Our shared commitment to preserving and enhancing this legacy is unwavering, and we look forward to the continued support of our fans and community as we embark on this journey together.

https://www.thederes.co.uk/news/club-statement-2832946.html

Esteemed venue
    More than just a stadium
    Fantastic historical venue
    Rich traditions
    Legacy

Is he talking about Park View road or Old Trafford?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Read the other day that Taunton have been issued with a winding up petition and placed under a transfer embargo. Lost 6-0 at the weekend and only named 3 subs.

Could be good news for Welling as currently they are their closest rival in the bid to avoid relegation.
  • Options
    Read the other day that Taunton have been issued with a winding up petition and placed under a transfer embargo. Lost 6-0 at the weekend and only named 3 subs.

Could be good news for Welling as currently they are their closest rival in the bid to avoid relegation.

And Truro are now ground sharing at Taunton because of all the pitch issues they've had at Plymouth Parkway. 
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:

And Truro are now ground sharing at Taunton because of all the pitch issues they've had at Plymouth Parkway. 
    That's a bit rough for them then. I assume they're probably the nearest club but that's a good 100+ miles travel just for a home game.
  • Options

Good news for Dartford too...
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:

My guess is there is more to it than that. Take a look at the amount of home games Taunton have had postponed.
    Couple that with the fact Truro have games in hand also.
    Can see those two teams playing on that pitch every other night soon.
  • Options
    I make it around 18 games in 9 weeks. 
    That’s two a week on the understanding the weather is good.
  • Options

• Options
    Hoping for enough rain to get tonight's Wealdstone v Hendon FA Trophy game called off and leave me enough time to get to The Valley. Really hope they don't leave it too late to call off....I need about two hours to travel to Charlton. 
  • Options
    My wish has been granted. I believe if it's called off for a 3rd time, the game has to be moved to our ground (which has its own pros and cons). 
  • Options
    Taunton called off. The fixtures are starting to pile up there.
    As mentioned earlier, don’t go with Truro ground change due to PP being poor.
    More Taunton offered them a very good deal for next season.