Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Non League latest....

Comments

• Options
    Wow, where did that quality of football come from? 
  • Options
    R0TW said:
    Tonbridge would be a pretty awful solution although as a short term thing I guess needs must. But that is a horrible journey and will hit attendances I'd guess. Sadly I can't think of a better option in the area, although maybe Cray Valley Paper Mills would be an option short term? 
    Ground has to hold in excess of 3k for NLS
    It's likely Welling won't be in the NLS next season though.

• Options
    Torquay United are to go into administration after owner Clarke Osborne said he can no longer fund the National League South club.
    Osborne has also stood down as club chairman and the club is set to be deducted 10 points, dropping them from 11th to 18th in the National League South table, four points above relegation to the Southern League.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68372224
  • Options
    clive said:
    Torquay United are to go into administration after owner Clarke Osborne said he can no longer fund the National League South club.
    Osborne has also stood down as club chairman and the club is set to be deducted 10 points, dropping them from 11th to 18th in the National League South table, four points above relegation to the Southern League.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68372224
    Terrible news for the fans.

Potentially good news for Dartford and Welling, as it drops Torquay down into the relegation fight
  • Options
    Awful for Torquay ... obviously helps Welling but not the way it should happen 
  • Options
    clive said:
    I wonder if there's any hope of a group of supporters taking over?
  • Options
    edited February 22
    1 point out of their last six games.
  • Options
    edited February 22
    Could potentially end up being a double relegation for Torquay, and that's if the club even still exists by the end of the season.

I believe they need to be out of administration by the time of the end of season National league AGM's or it's an automatic relegation. So if they're relegated on the pitch and still in administration by June when the AGM happens, they will go down two divisions to step 4, which is where Dulwich and Cray Wanderers are.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dulwich are currently in the league below Torquay
  • Options
    A devoted Addick, also named Clive, will be very upset by this news. 

As well as travelling all over the country to watch our lads, he's also an avid Kent supporter AND a Torquay fan. 

I'd even venture to guess that there isn't a week in both summer & winter that he's not supporting one of the three in person.
    A nice guy is Clive, he certainly clocks some miles.
  • Options
    clive said:
    It was owned by supporters until 2016. They sold to tge current owner who has put in probably more than £5 million in that time.
    I would think no supporters trust could afford to put say £ 8 hundred thousandva year into a club.
  • Options
    edited February 23
    Helen Chamerlain of Soccer AM fame's team
  • Options
    Simonsen said:
    R0TW said:
    Taunton called off. The fixtures are starting to pile up there.
    As mentioned earlier, don’t go with Truro ground change due to PP being poor.
    More Taunton offered them a very good deal for next season.
    Probably. Although Plymouth Parkway are seven or eight games behind a lot of the teams in their league. They seem to get called off most weeks (although I have heard that they aren't always that keen to play on a Saturday and might prefer to drag clubs down on a Tuesday night). 
    Another one called off at Taunton. Still on the probably thoughts?
  • Options
    Taunton are in deep shit financially, as are Torquay.
    Truro appear to not be ready for their new ground next season.
    There hasn’t been a game played at Taunton this month, or near enough.
    The only one who loses here is Plymouth Parkway.
  • Options
    edited February 23
    Too many teams at this level live beyond their means.
    Glen Tamplin proved that at Billericay.
    Now he is wanted for breaking bail on cocaine charges.
    Apparently last seen selling sunglasses in Benidorm

• Options
    The whole Tamplin thing was absolutely bizarre. Just the amount of wages he was shelling out on the likes of O'Hara, Pennant etc 
  • Options
    edited February 23
    Paid £30k for a welling contracted forward apparently
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    msomerton said:
    clive said:
    It was owned by supporters until 2016. They sold to tge current owner who has put in probably more than £5 million in that time.
    I would think no supporters trust could afford to put say £ 8 hundred thousandva year into a club.
    Why did they sell in 2016?
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    The whole Tamplin thing was absolutely bizarre. Just the amount of wages he was shelling out on the likes of O'Hara, Pennant etc 
    Konchesky as well.
  • Options
    https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2024/02/23/exclusive-west-ham-and-crystal-palace-competing-to-sign-non-league-playmaker/

According to this story, a number of sides are interested in Dartford academy product Olly Box

The 18-year-old has come through the youth ranks at National League South outfit Dartford and has burst into the first team in recent weeks.
    Box was a star of the club’s academy and was generating interest, but now he has been given his chance and has taken it with both hands.
    The attacking midfielder has scored three goals in his last two games, and he has done it in front of scouts from a host of clubs.
    HITC can reveal that West Ham United, Brentford, Crystal Palace, Middlesbrough, Millwall and Leyton Orient are among those looking closely at Box.
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    Konchesky as well.

I'd forgotten he signed Konch too. And spent a lot on some players that were proven at National League level 
  • Options
    Looks like another season for Welling at PVR
  • Options
    R0TW said:
    Looks like another season for Welling at PVR
    Good news. Where did you see this, as there’s nothing on club website yet. 
  • Options
    msomerton said:
    clive said:
    Why did they sell in 2016

Sorry I do not know. Just aware they had sold.
    In most cases when supporters trusts have sold the club to wealthy individuals or financial instructions it was because they could not fund a team with the chance of promotion, or because they could not fund the repairs and up grades of the football ground.
  • Options

Resounding 4-1 win for the fleet yesterday. Puts Dorking right in it too. 4 unbeaten now, lets hope they keep it going. Be good to have guaranteed Kent representation in the NL next season.

• Options
    Good win for Ebbsfleet yesterday. Just hope they can keep this form up till the end of the season.