Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Non League latest....

Comments

• Options
    Rushden & Diamonds lost once again today to Lye town, only 339 fans turned up to watch their inevitable slide back to the county league, shame really after the excitement of the Griggs years. 0-4 for what it's worth.
  • Options
    2 injury time goals for the Wings today. Gutted I couldn’t make it, planned to go and have a beer with @ROTW but have been stuck trying to sort out a blocked drain. Not only didn’t make the game, I fucking stink. 

I have become accustomed to it mate
  • Options
    Went to Ebbsfleet today. Terrific second half performance. Going to the wire in that league.
  • Options
    Went to Ebbsfleet today. Terrific second half performance. Going to the wire in that league.
    Indeed it might have been so but you fail to mention that they were playing against 10 men for all but 5 mins of the match.... :)
  • Options
    Mate who lives Dartford said there was a load of police around for Maidstone today 
    Dartford vs Maidstone will always be a grudge match

I'm planning to see Dartford next week, looking desperate now
  • Options
    Mate who lives Dartford said there was a load of police around for Maidstone today 

You never know … I thought Welling were dead and gone a few weeks ago. 
  • Options
    Plymouth Parkway moved their home game yesterday to neutral Yate FC....and it got called off. They've got to play 16 games in the remaining 6 weeks. 
  • Options
    Indeed it might have been so but you fail to mention that they were playing against 10 men for all but 5 mins of the match.... :)
    Had he not whacked him down we would have likely scored and been 1 up after 5 min. They only got back into the game due to two defensive howlers just before half time. Never in it second half. Terrific turnaround by the fleet. Hope it continues.
  • Options
    That’s cos Maidstone supporters are absolute inbred plums. Always have been.
  • Options
    there’s always bother mate. Segregation the lot. Dartford yoof out in numbers every time we play. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    stonemuse said:

Impressive 10-game form table for Welling. 
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

Dartford are completely out of form now. 1 point from the last 6 games, 4 points from the last 10 games, their form has dropped off a cliff.

Having watched the Boxing Day game, when a poor Welling side were beaten by a mediocre Dartford side, I'm astonished at the divergence since then, with Welling now in playoff form.

• Options
    It's mad to think Dartford, Havant and Eastbourne Boro (one of the richest teams in the entire National League apparently) could all be relegated this year. Boro should never have gotten rid of Beardy. He had three weeks to build a team, nobody was going to do a better job with that group of players than him. 
  • Options
    Not sure what's going on with Eastbourne, new owner came in promising the world and loads of stuff about " analytics based models" and appointed Beardy , sacked Beardy and I assume paid Cheltenham a fair wedge for Adam Murray and it's not clicking for them at all. 
  • Options
    It was only 3 years ago that Torquay were a penalty shoot out away from league two.

Next season they could be in the Southern league (i think that's the next league down).
  • Options
    It was only 3 years ago that Torquay were a penalty shoot out away from league two.

Next season they could be in the Southern league (i think that's the next league down).
    Just over a decade ago they lost the League Two Play-Off Final against Stevenage.
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    Not sure what's going on with Eastbourne, new owner came in promising the world and loads of stuff about " analytics based models" and appointed Beardy , sacked Beardy and I assume paid Cheltenham a fair wedge for Adam Murray and it's not clicking for them at all. 
    He called me up a year ago and said he was buying a club and had a vision for it. Wanted the process to be filmed. He sent me the manifesto. I thought it was all quite impressive but I showed it to someone else who owns a club (!) and he thought the guy was mental lol it’s admirable what he’s trying to do but can’t happen as quickly as he wants. 
  • Options
     In non league football the difference in budget is enormous. That's why you get the likes of Joe Taylor playing for Ramsgate Part time and earning a full time wage.
    Saw Joe Taylor score Goals for Cray Wanderers a few years ago when playing at Bromley's ground.
    Some players have other income streams and don't need to go full time in the National League; only a few teams part time in NL,
    Oxford City, Wealdstone and Dorking, I believe.
    @JiMMy 85 do Dorking train twice in the mornings now and how has that affected the players with their other jobs ? 
  • Options
    Rushden & Diamonds lost once again today to Lye town, only 339 fans turned up to watch their inevitable slide back to the county league, shame really after the excitement of the Griggs years. 0-4 for what it's worth.

Hang on, thats the game where the Keeper - new signing, let in 4, lost it with a fan in the bar after they told him he was crap, nutted him and then got sacked....

• Options

Actually it was more like 11 as the Ref evened things up.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    BDL said:

Hang on, thats the game where the Keeper - new signing, let in 4, lost it with a fan in the bar after they told him he was crap, nutted him and then got sacked....

Well  spotted, yes it all kicked off in the bar, keeper did have a shocker and didn't take constructive criticism well.
  • Options
    At The Hive to watch Barnet Vs Eastleigh tonight.

In the Eastleigh team is Ben Reeves who's career seems to have declined rather quickly 
  • Options
    Welling’s great run continues 
  • Options
    Looks like an excellent point away for Welling tonight, 1-1 at in-form 4th placed Hampton and Richmond. Welling won the corner count 15-2 according to stats
  • Options
    I Charltonised Barnet tonight in that they were great for one half and crap for the second. But somehow they held on.

As well as Ben "hair transplant" Reeves, Eastleigh also had Chris Maguire who was in the losing Sunderland team in the playoff final
  • Options
    Just seen Truro's game got abandoned due to a serious injury. Hopefully the player is okay.

From Truro's perspective not sure how they fit in all their games. Been struggling to get any games on due to weather/pitches etc. they still have 13 matches left. The last day of the season is in 32 days.
  • Options
    edited March 19
     In non league football the difference in budget is enormous. That's why you get the likes of Joe Taylor playing for Ramsgate Part time and earning a full time wage.
    Saw Joe Taylor score Goals for Cray Wanderers a few years ago when playing at Bromley's ground.
    Some players have other income streams and don't need to go full time in the National League; only a few teams part time in NL,
    @JiMMy 85 do Dorking train twice in the mornings now and how has that affected the players with their other jobs ? 
    Maidenhead are part-time too. 

In the NLS and the first season in the NL Prem Dorking were Tuesday and Thursday night, they switched to mornings at the start of this season. DW have to pay players extra for that - some are missing shifts or jobs, some are reducing their contracted hours. Some are just working crazy hours. Marc recently told them to reduce the amount of laptops and emails during training and coach trips to focus on what he pays them for. 

It’s a tricky inbetween stage before getting the budget together to go properly full time. At that point players will have to choose between their careers. 

The gap between the NL and the North/ South is huge because of all this. Way bigger than the NL to the EFL. Wealdstone are a great case in point - their lack of budget means they’ve had a lot of games called off this season and are now facing fixtures ecery few days for most of the remaining weeks. That means zero training and prep. Just games every 2-3 days. With a small squad lacking the fitness levels of the rest, you’d imagine they’re in a bit of trouble here. 
  • Options
    Indeed some players in non league have such good jobs that they refuse to go full time. Dartford legend Elliott Bradbrook had a good job in the City that he wouldn't give up. And if Dartford had gone up to the NL he would have left, due to the extra travel when compared to the NLS, which is bad enough with all the West Country games.
  • Options
    Indeed some players in non league have such good jobs that they refuse to go full time. Dartford legend Elliott Bradbrook had a good job in the City that he wouldn't give up. And if Dartford had gone up to the NL he would have left, due to the extra travel when compared to the NLS, which is bad enough with all the West Country games.
    Joe Healy at Welling had a good city job and never went pro, when if you watched him, clearly could have.