Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Non League latest....

Comments

• Is Solly in the Ebbsfleet team this season?
  • Went to East Thurrock following Dulwich Hamlet a few years ago. They went up, Dulwich didn’t that day, but went up a year later.
    Kind of remote location but it was OK.
    Shame.
  • R0TW said:
    Dartford Welling in next round of FA Cup.
    Very interesting. Might even make it on TV
    Might as well make it a bye for Dartford  ;)
    Wouldn’t like to give me welling and the draw would you?
    Make it a charitable one if your bollocks hold out 😊
  • After relegation and almost 100% revamp of the playing side Hamlet are in dissaray this season 2-5 defeat to Chatham covered previously and a poor poor display in FA Cup although it ended in a draw and goes to replay.

From 2nd favourites for promotion things are looking like a difficult season for Hak
  • Kap10 said:
    After relegation and almost 100% revamp of the playing side Hamlet are in dissaray this season 2-5 defeat to Chatham covered previously and a poor poor display in FA Cup although it ended in a draw and goes to replay.

From 2nd favourites for promotion things are looking like a difficult season for Hak
    I thought Hakan Hayrettin was a bit of a coup for Hamlet after the job he did at Maidstone. 
  • The Isthmian Prem is one of the most bizarre leagues to try and get out of. Quite often the sides relegated from the NLS do have a complete culture shock. 
  • Kips said:
    Kap10 said:
    After relegation and almost 100% revamp of the playing side Hamlet are in dissaray this season 2-5 defeat to Chatham covered previously and a poor poor display in FA Cup although it ended in a draw and goes to replay.

I thought Hakan Hayrettin was a bit of a coup for Hamlet after the job he did at Maidstone. 
    Hak, did a good job at Maidstone but he did end up showing signs of losing it towards the end of his time at Maidstone. It seems that it has just carried on unfortunately 

• Kap10 said:

And long may it continue
  • LenGlover said:
    Is Solly in the Ebbsfleet team this season?
    Played on Saturday against York City.
  • cafckev said:
    Kips said:
    Kap10 said:

Hak, did a good job at Maidstone but he did end up showing signs of losing it towards the end of his time at Maidstone. It seems that it has just carried on unfortunately 

Poor investment in players after promotion, long term injuries to key players who were the bedrock of his title winning side in 21/22 and a failed takeover were massive factors. Maidstone never won another match for the rest of the season after Hak left in January.
  • Sponsored links:

• Kips said:
    cafckev said:
    Kips said:
    Kap10 said:

Poor investment in players after promotion, long term injuries to key players who were the bedrock of his title winning side in 21/22 and a failed takeover were massive factors. Maidstone never won another match for the rest of the season after Hak left in January.
    Far to over reliant on loan players cost him dearly 
  • Up to White Hart Lane (that's where Coles Park is) for the Haringey Borough v Dulwich Hamlet cup replay - poor match, Haringey won 2-1 and go on to play Tonbridge Angels in the second qualifying round. Haringey fans as loud as they were in the London Senior Cup final, but a familiar sense of gloom around Dulwich at the moment. 
  • Was half thinking of going to Dartford's game at St Albans today, but didn't fancy being fried on the terraces in this weather!

Another defeat, Dartford only out of the relegation places on GD. Dowson under pressure?
  • Watched the Wealdstone v Ebbsfleet game on TV. They were awful, recovered well to going a goal down but Wealdstone deserved it, Solly got sent off for two bookable fouls.
  • Was half thinking of going to Dartford's game at St Albans today, but didn't fancy being fried on the terraces in this weather!

Another defeat, Dartford only out of the relegation places on GD. Dowson under pressure?
    Hopefully they stick with him for another week
  • Watched the Oldham v Dorking match via the stream.

Awful 1st half for DW  including manager Marc White being red carded pitchside for kicking the ball away, one of their players getting injured in the warm up ( ring any bells ?) and their skipper Barry Fuller being subbed early on with what looked like a hamstring problem. Very little possession at all. 

But 0-0 at half time with the Lactics failing to convert any of their chances. 

Totally different game in the 2nd half. DW on top & with most possession, looked very dangerous. 

Indeed, one glorious move was destined for the net but the lino, who the 2 commentators described as barely being up with play at any time, indicated that the ball hadn't crossed the line before their goalie grabbed it. Hmmm. 

So, a well deserved point & an indication that the Reds should be able to pull themselves away from the bottom reaches of the league if they continue in that 2nd half manner. 
  • Watched the Oldham v Dorking match via the stream.

Awful 1st half for DW  including manager Marc White being red carded pitchside for kicking the ball away, one of their players getting injured in the warm up ( ring any bells ?) and their skipper Barry Fuller being subbed early on with what looked like a hamstring problem. Very little possession at all. 

But 0-0 at half time with the Lactics failing to convert any of their chances. 

Totally different game in the 2nd half. DW on top & with most possession, looked very dangerous. 

Indeed, one glorious move was destined for the net but the lino, who the 2 commentators described as barely being up with play at any time, indicated that the ball hadn't crossed the line before their goalie grabbed it. Hmmm. 

So, a well deserved point & an indication that the Reds should be able to pull themselves away from the bottom reaches of the league if they continue in that 2nd half manner. 

They really don't do things by halves! Niall's groin went in the warm-up, Baz's hamstring went soon after the kick-off. I've just watched the footage back of MW kicking the ball away, it literally landed at his feet and he was annoyed at the bad pass so he volleyed it! A yellow would have sufficed but apparently the law is a red for a coach doing that so he's not really arguing about it, he just didn't know that was the law. The officials missing that goal and a possible red card challenge brought that decision into focus tho. 

Still, for everyone involved at the club to be in Boundary Park for a league match is still an incredible feeling, and everyone at OAFC was so nice to deal with I wish we could go there for all away games. 

• We Woz Robbed ! 

Thanks for your report, Jimmy, much appreciated. 

Feckin' lino ! 

The faithful weren't too impressed, were they , going by the booing at halftime & the final whistle.
  • Went to Bermondsey Town vs Cuxton 1991 yesterday at the Fisher FC ground.

Good, competitive game and finished in a 3-3 draw.

First time I’ve seen a match at Kent County level. Found it very entertaining for 11th division football. 
  • cafctom said:
    Went to Bermondsey Town vs Cuxton 1991 yesterday at the Fisher FC ground.

Good, competitive game and finished in a 3-3 draw.

First time I’ve seen a match at Kent County level. Found it very entertaining for 11th division football. 
    Go to Peckham Town, the ground is fantastic for the level.
  • Sponsored links:

• Great win for Welling today, winning 3-2 away at Dartford in the FA Cup. 
    Might have gone, but Dartford are awful at the moment. Real pressure on Dowse now, losing against our bunnies.
  • What a pleasant afternoon out.
  • 3 points for DW at Halifax today ! 

Onwards & upwards ! 
    Might have gone, but Dartford are awful at the moment. Real pressure on Dowse now, losing against our bunnies.
    I went mate. Dowse has to go. Our defence is an absolute joke. My god we were bad. Second half just fell apart. 
    I went mate. Dowse has to go. Our defence is an absolute joke. My god we were bad. Second half just fell apart. 
    From when I saw them last season, they looked pretty solid, even if the football was a bit primitive. I'm assuming we're badly missing  Bonner and Essam
  • Welling away at Gosport Borough Saturday 30/09.
    May get this moved to the following day due to rail strike.
  • And as for regional draws, Scunthorpe could be away at Canvey?
  • I was at Welling Town v Peckham Town on Saturday - at the old Cray Wanderers ground in Oxford Road, Sidcup. Really bobbly pitch, a little shack for a stand, social club at the back selling pints. Nice way to spend a sunny Saturday. 

https://www.brixtonbuzz.com/2023/09/in-photos-ten-man-peckham-town-get-thumped-2-5-at-welling-park-sat-16th-sept-2023/