Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Non League latest....

Comments

• Half of the National League teams have played in the Football League, but half haven't. Any newbies on their way to the big time of League Two?
  • Half of the National League teams have played in the Football League, but half haven't. Any newbies on their way to the big time of League Two?
    Bromley | Boreham Wood | Woking appear the constant three in recent seasons to challenge up there for the Play-Offs
  • JiMMy 85 said:
    I heard there's a back-up fixture list for if and when Southend get replaced by Torquay, should Southend not make it through their next court date. 
    When is the court date?

I thought i read a few weeks ago they were being taken over, but just read players haven't been paid for June and some staff not been paid for 3 months.
  • I thought a takeover linked to Ray Winstone's sports management agency was fairly down the line? 
    Bromley | Boreham Wood | Woking appear the constant three in recent seasons to challenge up there for the Play-Offs
    Solihull Moors are another regular "near miss" side
  • Bromley and Woking are two teams that play shit football really well. Solihull can play some lovely stuff. 
  • Hasn't Neal Ardley left Solihull Moors and they've appointed the ex Cov and Brighton fullback Andy Whing? 
  • With Ebbsfleet on loan to the NL for a season, Dartford and Welling can resume their Christmas rivalry. Park View Road hosts the Boxing Day clash, with Princes Park hosting the NYD clash.
  • edited July 2023
    Rochdale away for the fleet that could be a good test for them. Best of luck to them and i am sure they will get lots of support here.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2023
    Wonder where Welling will play while the work is being done

Looks like the pitch will move back, and there will be no standing section Danson Park end

The days of people on the upper deck of the 96 being able to catch a few moments of the games, will disappear - The game has clearly gone
  • What will the capacity be?
  • seth plum said:
    What will the capacity be?
  • Fair enough. Neat and tidy.
  • https://wellingparkviewroad.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/sites/29/2023/07/WCF-Exhibition_Board.pdf

The exhibition boards have more detail. I'm amazed so many flats can be crammed in at the Park View End
  • Plans look really nice to me, PVR is looking very tired and in need of a total refresh. As a Welling fan this is great news. 
  • Yeah that looks really nice
  • It is not clear how many, if any at all, of the 114 homes will be available for people on Bexley’s housing waiting list, or will be made available for shared ownership.

Representatives of Lita Homes have been asked for clarification, and have also been asked how the plans affect Erith & Belvedere, the eighth-tier club that shares Park View Road with Welling.

https://853.london/2023/07/11/more-than-100-flats-planned-alongside-new-welling-united-ground/
  • Sponsored links:

• Parking looks like an issue, and with the electric issue about to hit us within the next decade where will they all go. Not sure if planning laws take these things into account on new build projects.
  • Thats why that have to have dedicated cycle blocks.
  •  Being a local resident to Park View Road. We went along to the ground last night to view the ideas. Work starts next May. The two buildings in the corner GMB Asnd another are being demolished along with the terrace along the road. The E&B stand is staying but being more modern. 

114 new flats with some commercial shops. 

Our concern is the parking as there will only be 6 disabled bays! It’s difficult enough to get parked at the best of times in our road so I hope the new residents are cyclists only or have a blue badge. 
  • chappers said:
     Being a local resident to Park View Road. We went along to the ground last night to view the ideas. Work starts next May. The two buildings in the corner GMB Asnd another are being demolished along with the terrace along the road. The E&B stand is staying but being more modern. 

Our concern is the parking as there will only be 6 disabled bays! It’s difficult enough to get parked at the best of times in our road so I hope the new residents are cyclists only or have a blue badge. 
    Well looks like there will be more than enough places to leave your bike
  • Isthmian League fixtures out tomorrow at 2.00 pm.

Ok I know only @InspectorSands and @seth plum will have any interest!!!
  • chappers said:
     Being a local resident to Park View Road. We went along to the ground last night to view the ideas. Work starts next May. The two buildings in the corner GMB Asnd another are being demolished along with the terrace along the road. The E&B stand is staying but being more modern. 

Isn't that dependant on planning permission? I'd be amazed if the plans go through as they are, as in general plans never do!
  • chappers said:

Isn't that dependant on planning permission? I'd be amazed if the plans go through as they are, as in general plans never do!
    There seems to be an agenda of some councils to reduce car travel by providing fewer parking spaces in new builds, look at Lewisham and the developments there.  Lewisham have a target of 80% of all journeys to be made by public transport, cycle or walking by 2040 (I think) so when i'm 83 lookout for me cycling to the Riverdale centre.
  • Kap10 said:
    chappers said:

There seems to be an agenda of some councils to reduce car travel by providing fewer parking spaces in new builds, look at Lewisham and the developments there.  Lewisham have a target of 80% of all journeys to be made by public transport, cycle or walking by 2040 (I think) so when i'm 83 lookout for me cycling to the Riverdale centre.
    I wasn't just thinking of that. There may be objections based on the height or density of the scheme, pressure on local infrastructure like water and schools etc
  • Kap10 said:
    chappers said:

It's London planning policy set by the mayor (and it was the same under Johnson) rather than individual councils. Since PVR is a relatively fair distance from the stations (and the services aren't as frequent as they were) it'll be interesting to see how that plays out in this case. 
  • I did the planning application for the floodlights at my tennis club adjacent to  Wellings ground. Was surprised that the whole of Bexleyheath sports club,including the cricket pitch, was classified as Metropolitan Open Land as it was seen as a part of Danson Park.

I suspect Wellings ground is also classified as MOL too. If so I can't see it getting the go ahead.