Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Non League latest....

1…312313314315316318»

Comments

  • R0TW
    R0TW Posts: 2,060
    edited September 29
    I wonder what the effect on Welling would be if they did go bust? Don't know the details or how true it is but I believe the groundshare isn't the most harmonious and E&B had dug their heels in over the planned redevelopment of the ground. Welling currently use the changing rooms in the E&B stand.
    Think it would open up a greater deal of interest of a takeover/sponsorship.
    The whole shared ownership thing is far too messy.
    Seeing as E&B live there pretty much rent free, see only one winner.
    Heard the VCD chairman was keen to get back into the fold.
    Yes it needs money spent on it, but a 4G pitch and new floodlights, could offer a greater financial position for them.
    Also heard (how true - god knows) that local council plan on throwing some money at park end.
    This would also align with crash pitch side barriers.
    Maybe a cash injection from recently approved “go ape” thing that has been approved behind that end?
    Or maybe, just a load of old bollox 
    Still, something to chat about over a pint
  • AFKABartram
    AFKABartram Posts: 59,382
    R0TW said:
    Seeing that Welling are putting out a team of youth players, stay on the settee mate.
    But then again, I guess that was never in doubt.
    👜 🤣


  • AFKABartram
    AFKABartram Posts: 59,382
    1-0 Welling HT
  • AFKABartram
    AFKABartram Posts: 59,382
    Pyro at a Kent Senior Cup game. Seen it all now! 


  • R0TW
    R0TW Posts: 2,060
    Legend. You’re getting this non-league bug mate.
    I actually have one of those glasses at home.
    Got quite a decent non-league collection, including a Weston Super Mare two Pinter 
  • AFKABartram
    AFKABartram Posts: 59,382
    R0TW said:
    Legend. You’re getting this non-league bug mate.
    I actually have one of those glasses at home.
    Got quite a decent non-league collection, including a Weston Super Mare two Pinter 
    Most of what I saw when I stayed in WSM I’d class as six-pinters… 🤣
  • Simonsen
    Simonsen Posts: 5,675
    Cray Valley PM v Welling in the Kent Senior Cup, or England on the TV?

    Decisions…
    No brainer....
  • Addick Addict
    Addick Addict Posts: 43,769
    edited October 1
    Very sad to read that Ray Burgess, who played more than 1,000 games for Welling United, has passed away

    Nigel Ransom, who played a similar number of times for Welling, has given this tribute to Ray:

    “All, I’m writing this with a heavy,heavy heart…..after a long struggle our great mate “Burge” passed away peacefully this morning 
    “A true Welling Legend, friend and teammate for over 50 years.
    “First on the team sheet, hard as nails, leading from the front, what more could you want from a teammate.
    “He’ll be greatly missed and our thoughts and prayers go out to Sue, Kevin, Michelle and the family.
    “He always called me “son”, so I’m raising a glass of lager to “the Legend”, never to be forgotten”

    Rest in Peace Ray.


  • AFKABartram
    AFKABartram Posts: 59,382
    Watched a great number of those games during Welling’s golden era. A no thrills utility player from what I remember. Strangely have memories of his parents / grandparents sitting every game towards the road end with a blanket over their legs. 
  • bolloxbolder
    bolloxbolder Posts: 8,457
    Very sad to read that Ray Burgess, who played more than 1,000 games for Welling United, has passed away

    Nigel Ransom, who as played a similar number of times for Welling, has given this tribute to Ray:

    “All, I’m writing this with a heavy,heavy heart…..after a long struggle our great mate “Burge” passed away peacefully this morning 
    “A true Welling Legend, friend and teammate for over 50 years.
    “First on the team sheet, hard as nails, leading from the front, what more could you want from a teammate.
    “He’ll be greatly missed and our thoughts and prayers go out to Sue, Kevin, Michelle and the family.
    “He always called me “son”, so I’m raising a glass of lager to “the Legend”, never to be forgotten”

    Rest in Peace Ray.


    Oh that is sad news.

    I got in very early in the Welling/Hobbins story. I used to play in the age group below Welling in the Independent Junior FL. As my Dad was the League secretary at the time,  we often went to the League cup finals, and Welling featured every year.

    Even then, they were extremely physical,  perhaps overly so, but I think that is probably an essential part of their DNA. I  do recall one occasion when they were dismantled 4-1 by Pegasus (Eynsham), who were a real flair side back them.

    Such a show of ambition when they moved away from their Butterfly Lane ground to Bexley Uniteds.

    Up the Wings.

    Rip Ray. 

  • Sponsored links:



  • clive
    clive Posts: 20,830

    Troubled National League side Gateshead have failed to pay players and staff their wages for September.

    The club are bottom of the league and have lost their past five games, conceding 16 goals and scoring just once.

    Earlier this week, Mark Nellist resigned from the board of directors and withdrew his funding support, citing that the Tyneside club was "not heading in the direction I would have liked or hoped for"., external

    But the Heed's interim chairman Graham Wood said he was hopeful of quickly finding new investment for the club.

    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/ck86x60nv5z0o

  • R0TW
    R0TW Posts: 2,060
    See that Aveley have pretty much lost half their squad to their neighbours.
    Averley look like a decent to lose bet
  • Fanny Fanackapan
    Fanny Fanackapan Posts: 19,588
    Watched the stream of DW v Chatham Town in the FA Cup this afternoon, won by the home side 1-0. 

    Ollie Hobden playing for Town, looking very different from how I remember him with us in the U21s. Did a very decent job all told in a very physical contest. 
  • AFKABartram
    AFKABartram Posts: 59,382
    Cracking afternoon over Flamingo Park with Cray Wanderers cruising into the FA Cup 4th quali round for only the 4th time. 

    3-0 win v Chippenham with the opening goal a Prem standard worldie. 

    716 there, including Sonny Carey
  • DaveMehmet
    DaveMehmet Posts: 22,499
    Cracking afternoon over Flamingo Park with Cray Wanderers cruising into the FA Cup 4th quali round for only the 4th time. 

    3-0 win v Chippenham with the opening goal a Prem standard worldie. 

    716 there, including Sonny Carey
    I hope your wife wasn’t with you then
  • stonemuse
    stonemuse Posts: 35,115
    Wings go top 😀
  • Arsenetatters
    Arsenetatters Posts: 6,431
    clive said:

    Troubled National League side Gateshead have failed to pay players and staff their wages for September.

    The club are bottom of the league and have lost their past five games, conceding 16 goals and scoring just once.

    Earlier this week, Mark Nellist resigned from the board of directors and withdrew his funding support, citing that the Tyneside club was "not heading in the direction I would have liked or hoped for"., external

    But the Heed's interim chairman Graham Wood said he was hopeful of quickly finding new investment for the club.

    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/ck86x60nv5z0o

    Can you just resign and take away funding like that? Just because it’s ’not going in the direction’ you’d hoped?
  • BalladMan
    BalladMan Posts: 1,513
    Cracking afternoon over Flamingo Park with Cray Wanderers cruising into the FA Cup 4th quali round for only the 4th time. 

    3-0 win v Chippenham with the opening goal a Prem standard worldie. 

    716 there, including Sonny Carey
    My son went with 5 other mates (14 years old). They had a great time. He got a video of the worldie. 



  • Chippycafc
    Chippycafc Posts: 14,722
    Went all the way to watch Ebbsfleet go out dismally to Sholing... Yet literally a mile up the road from where I live Tadley calleva was stuffing the darts out.... If only I knew... My next door neighbours son plays for them and his dad is connected to the club... 

    Explains the noise coming from them. 


  • CAFC128
    CAFC128 Posts: 16
    Very impressive result by 9th tier SE Dons, winning 1-5 away to Weymouth in the FAC3QR

  • Sponsored links:



  • soapboxsam
    soapboxsam Posts: 24,527
    edited 8:05AM
    I went to Sevenoaks v Ashford yesterday and despite the Oaks losing after going into the lead it was enjoyable to witness the new clubhouse and not worry about CAFC.

    Ashford are a side packed with experience against a young home side and Barry Fuller played for around 70 minutes, not too shabby for a 42 year old !

    Gary Lockyer the golden ball winner in the FA cup in the 25/26 season with 10 goals for Ashford is like Harry Kane at the Isthmian South East Division level and I first saw him score a brace 6 years ago and wondered why he hadn't made it at a higher level; I believe he has a BT job so he has two income streams and at 33 he can still score at this level for a few more years.
    A father of 4 so needs the money !

    I watched the England game in the clubhouse from 5pm and they never play that well on my TV at home ! 

  • soapboxsam
    soapboxsam Posts: 24,527
    CAFC128 said:
    Very impressive result by 9th tier SE Dons, winning 1-5 away to Weymouth in the FAC3QR

    Ralfi Hand who was in the Charlton academy for a couple of years but had too many injuries to make his mark scored for SE Dons yesterday and in the round before.

    Ralfi is an attacking midfielder and is doing well for the famous YouTube, ex Sunday side that now play in the southern counties east division.
    I believe they play in Bexleyheath now.
    Founded by white rapper Don Strapsy in 2014 they have Andy Ansah as chairman.
    Strapsy, Aka Andrew Mchugh/Dru blu trained with CAFC as a young teen.


  • R0TW
    R0TW Posts: 2,060
    They play at VCD, which is a complete sham in itself.
  • ValleyGary
    ValleyGary Posts: 38,887
    It’s a great result but everyone associated with that football club is a grade A bell.
  • CAFC128
    CAFC128 Posts: 16
    FA Cup 4th qualifying round draw is 2pm tomorrow for those interested. 
  • Went all the way to watch Ebbsfleet go out dismally to Sholing... Yet literally a mile up the road from where I live Tadley calleva was stuffing the darts out.... If only I knew... My next door neighbours son plays for them and his dad is connected to the club... 

    Explains the noise coming from them. 


    Ebbsfleet got a shoeing, it seems. Tadley Calleva sounds like a Hollywood actor. I've actually saw them play a few years ago.
  • Gravesend_Addick
    Gravesend_Addick Posts: 7,459
    edited 6:04PM


    Surprised at this given that he hasn't exactly done amazing at Ebbsfleet
  • AFKABartram
    AFKABartram Posts: 59,382
    Surprised it’s something that Pete o’Rourke would be reporting on