Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Derby Sack Nigel Clough

Comments

• Options
    yeah that is pretty special
  • Options

But KHA if you have no means to realistically run a football club just 2-3 years after acquiring it, then why the hell did you buy it in the first place ?

It isn't to watch the football, because those that own it either rarely, or if ever have watched.

I'm sure that I read that the backer with all the money walked away. Irrespective as to why this happened it doesn't change the fact that they have no money and any they spend now will have to be repaid from future revenues, gifts from an unknown new owner, the sale of The Valley or an administration and subsequent restructuring of finance.

With that being the case I am interested to know how much money members of CL want the club to committ to. I ask because if we don't find a mug willing to repay the millions of pounds that previous owners have borrowed we will end up in administration and at that point we will need to accept that what ever happens is a consequence of us living outside of our means.

I suspect if we go into administration those shouting at, and blaming, the current board for it will be those that are currently demanding that the club spend more money it doesn't have. It reminds me of those trade union members that bully their employers to pay them more and more money and then when they lose their jobs because the company can't compete due to high wages they blame those that were running the company.
  • Options

just read that they have lost 4 games this season - inc Leicecter, Reading & Forest.

we lose 3 on the trot, also losing to our rivals (but at home, not away) playing very poorly into the bargain , and some people think its ok.

And you think we should be blaming the Manager or the owners who have made NO funds available to strengthen a thin squad of players and have not seen fit to discuss the contracts of young men who gave their all for our Club over the past 2 seasons ?

I'm gobsmacked, golfie.

But not surprised.

How much more debt do you think the club should run up (on the basis that the owners just don't have any spare money to give away) on buying players?

When you answer (and it is a genuine question) please remember that there are going to be very real punishments from next season for the clubs that lose too much money. I'm including paying the players more to extend their contracts.
    How much should they have put in over the summer to push on for the top six ? Don't know and it depends how many more top quality players people think were needed...
    How much to invest now and how much more in January to ensure we avoid the car crash called relegation?!
    More very soon from the Trust on FFP and CAFC - we await comment from the club on our latest piece...
    But just a little teaser to whet your appetite: CAFC are nowhere near the upper limits of FFP ...even if we had retained the services of Fuller

So we're back to expecting someone else to fund our hobby by borrowing millions of pounds a year. What you fail to mention, with the fact that we have headroom within FFP, is that the more we borrow the more interest we will have to pay to service it.

If we keep borrowing more and more money at some point the interest alone will be more than FFP will allow us to lose.

It is far to easy to borrow, borrow, borrow but in the end it has to be paid back - something Portsmouth fans know all too well!
  • Options
    Nightmare scenario is Powell moves to Derby and tells all of our as yet unsigned playing assets to sit out their contracts and come and join the Powell revolution 2014/15 at Derby. If not relegated this year as the moving playing staff pull out of every 50:50 in fear of getting injured before their big move to the midlands we get the pleasure of watching Derby's inexorable march to the Championship title with Powell at the helm of a largely ex Charlton (and Leicester) staffed ship :)
  • Options
    McLaren to be announced tomorrow as new boss at the Baseball Ground.
  • Options
    poor derby
  • Options

just read that they have lost 4 games this season - inc Leicecter, Reading & Forest.

we lose 3 on the trot, also losing to our rivals (but at home, not away) playing very poorly into the bargain , and some people think its ok.

And you think we should be blaming the Manager or the owners who have made NO funds available to strengthen a thin squad of players and have not seen fit to discuss the contracts of young men who gave their all for our Club over the past 2 seasons ?

I'm gobsmacked, golfie.

But not surprised.

How much more debt do you think the club should run up (on the basis that the owners just don't have any spare money to give away) on buying players?

When you answer (and it is a genuine question) please remember that there are going to be very real punishments from next season for the clubs that lose too much money. I'm including paying the players more to extend their contracts.
    How much should they have put in over the summer to push on for the top six ? Don't know and it depends how many more top quality players people think were needed...
    How much to invest now and how much more in January to ensure we avoid the car crash called relegation?!
    More very soon from the Trust on FFP and CAFC - we await comment from the club on our latest piece...
    But just a little teaser to whet your appetite: CAFC are nowhere near the upper limits of FFP ...even if we had retained the services of Fuller

So we're back to expecting someone else to fund our hobby by borrowing millions of pounds a year. What you fail to mention, with the fact that we have headroom within FFP, is that the more we borrow the more interest we will have to pay to service it.

If we keep borrowing more and more money at some point the interest alone will be more than FFP will allow us to lose.

It is far to easy to borrow, borrow, borrow but in the end it has to be paid back - something Portsmouth fans know all too well!
    No Kings Hill! Look at the league table and be aware that relegation puts us back to square 1 with the loss of £4M tv revenue... I think that is a more significant element of the equation than any interest.
    As has been pointed out by various people on here various debts and equity in the past have been written off to ensure the club has a future

Like I said more later in the week :)
  • Options
    Terrible decision from Derby board, who is the miracle worker who is going to come in and work miracles?

If they appoint Pulis then they will have to basically buy a whole bunch of new players because their current lot won't be able to play the type of football demanded by Pulis.

Going from Clough's pass and move to the Pulis long ball game would be a culture shock to say the least.
  • Options
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24326959 - Looks like its going to be Mcclaren
  • Options

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24326959 - Looks like its going to be Mcclaren

Christ! I bet the Derby fans can hardly contain themselves!

After all, Steve McClaren has such a great record in getting teams out of the Championship.....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Clough was the fourth longest serving manager in the entire Premiership and Football League! Not even five years!

Where has the stability gone? Quick fix, get rich, invest a gazillion football has been the death of English football, our national team and the whole pride and love we had for the top players in the profession...

• Options
    supaclive said:

Clough was the fourth longest serving manager in the entire Premiership and Football League! Not even five years!

Where has the stability gone? Quick fix, get rich, invest a gazillion football has been the death of English football, our national team and the whole pride and love we had for the top players in the profession...

Football is no longer a sport, its a business. All teams long to be in the promised land of The Premiership, the fans think it is because the owners and Directors want to see the top teams gracing their grounds however reality is the owners and Directors want the riches that go with it.

Unfortunately when those riches come football is up there with some of the poorest run companies/sectors in the UK, resulting in it all turning to tears, relegation, administration, frustration etc.
  • Options
    supaclive said:

Just look at the tears on here and the agitating about sacking Powell when we lose a few games, and this is one of our most beloved CAFC heroes in years. Fans want stability until they stop winning football matches, then they just want wins and nothing else. Unfortunately football doesn't work like that, but the power of fear and entitlement is pretty extensive
  • Options
    NugNug
    edited September 2013
    McClaren....good grief
  • Options
    Derby are not Charlton
    Their chairman is not our chairman
    Powell is not McLaren

Please change the record.
  • Options
    the wally with the brolly who can speak fluent dutch !
  • Options
    Steve McClaren leaves QPR coaching role to become head coach at Derby County

At least there will be one team below us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Was thinking that Costa. Just need two more now...
  • Options
    Wouldn't under estimate SM.

A very good coach as Fergie realised who did well at boro and twente.

I think he'll do well there
  • Options

Wouldn't under estimate SM.

A very good coach as Fergie realised who did well at boro and twente.

I think he'll do well there

I think he started as a coach at Derby too, personally I think he'll struggle but we shall see.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think he'll do very well.
  • Options
    Riviera said:

I think he'll do very well.

He will need a good start, I doubt the Derby fans will be that welcoming, especially given his Forest connections!
  • Options
    Anyone care to revise their opinion over the sacking of Clough?

Derby now 1 defeat in 9, 4 wins on the spin and up to 4th in the table tonight!
  • Options

Derby now 1 defeat in 9, 4 wins on the spin and up to 4th in the table tonight!

Shows what great work Clough was doing.

• Options
    uie2 said:

blimey a really poor sacking by derbys board!

I take that back! Derby are going very well at moment up to 4th
  • Options

Not me, I'll stick with my 1st October comment thank you.
  • Options

Steve McClaren leaves QPR coaching role to become head coach at Derby County

At least there will be one team below us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Haha
  • Options
    Another win, could well go up if they continue this form.
  • Options
    Derby should be fun next week :/
  • Options
    Blackpool love a red card....or two.