Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Derby Sack Nigel Clough

124»

Comments

• Options

Blackpool love a red card....or two.

Or three in the case of their last match.

Five in two games must be some sort of record. There again, when your Manager succeeds in earning a five match ban from the ground, it rather sets the standard.

• Options
    Paul Ince was tonight asked on the radio what he put the spate of red cards to Blackpool players down to and without hesitation he said- bad officiating. Sums him up.
  • Options
    Thanks for reviving this thread, Chris. It makes hilarious reading with hindsight and will hopefully act as a timely reminder that rushing to uniformed instant judgements about other clubs is never very wise...

And congratulations to someone who isn't always necessarily my favourite poster but was pretty much a lone voice in predicting that the brolly man would cause the sun to shine on Derby!
  • Options
    Derby were very impressive today. They outplayed Blackpool in the first half, 70-30 despite going in 0-1 behind and dismantled them in the second half.

McLaren is doing an excellent job. We've got our hands full next week.
  • Options
    I'm a derby fan who wants to say that I was really against the sacking of Nigel clough but saying that Steve maclaren has done amazing we are playing the best football I've seen at derby in years our squad is now very strong and with players like Hughes Bryson and Dawkins I can honestly say for the first time in many years I think we will go up.. We are playing you this weekend a team that I do admire I likecharlton and I especially like Chris Powell I hope you stay up this season with millwall going down I wish you luck this season but no luck for Saturday lol I can't see you beating us but as I said before I hope you stay up. It's refreshing reading a forum with good comments...
  • Options
    I think we have far more chance of beating Derby on Saturday, than we would have beating Sheff Wed or Barnsley.
  • Options
    Whys that then muttley
  • Options

Whys that then muttley

Because we are not playing Barnsley or Sheff Wed on Saturday maybe! :-)

• Options

Whys that then muttley

We seem to raise our game against the better teams.Our problem is what we do against the likes of Yeovil.I am not saying we will win Saturday but we will give a good account of ourselves.
  • Options
    I don't think that it is that we raise our game v "better" teams rather than teams near the top coming looking to win and so attack us.

That suits us better than the teams that shut up shop and invite us to break them down which we're not that good at.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    We also play on the counter attack but you might have a chance our defence ok but not brilliant
  • Options
    Who's flagged the Derby fans comment??!!! Weird.

Always like other fans coming on here giving opinions and insight.
  • Options
    Riviera said:

Paul Ince was tonight asked on the radio what he put the spate of red cards to Blackpool players down to and without hesitation he said- bad officiating. Sums him up.

Maybe Alex Rae on the backroom staff has too much influence.

• Options
    I wonder how much Derby's gain has also been QPR's loss
  • Options

Sometimes I hate the game I love.
    Stupid decision.
    Good luck Nigel.

Not this Sunday. ;-)
    But nice to see that he's doing a good job at the Blades.
    Still think it was a crazy decision.