Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Ath v Nottingham Forest|1 October 2013|Championship|Match Preview, News, Views & Line Ups

Comments

• Options
    0:n
    where n>= 3
  • Options
    I'd go 4-6-0......
  • Options
    Not feeling confident on this one.. 0-3

But will hope for a turn around in fortunes.

Would like to see the team below but mainly because i think Kerm aggravated his injury and Jackson is still injured?:-

Hamer
    Wilson Morrison Wood Evina
    Stewart Cousins Pritchard Harriott
    Church Sordell

Subs - Alnwick, Dervite, Wiggins, Cook, Gower, Stephens, Piggott

I actually didn't mind the formation or the team that Powell picked on Saturday it was just Burnley were better at finishing.

Defence is doing poorly and people like Wood and Evina deserve a crack at it.
  • Options
    Charlton 0-6 Forest in summer spending millions match :(
  • Options
    I thought Sordell and Harriot had the beginnings of an understanding on Sat, so would like to see them start together.
  • Options
    I'd like to see us go with this team & have a real go at them

Hamer

Wilson
    Morrison
    Dervite
    Wiggins

Stewart
    Cousins
    Stephens
    Harriott

Church
    Sordell (If Kermy isn't fit)

Sadly I fear:

A. This won't be the team
    B. We'll get stuffed anyway

1-3
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Would like to see this baring in mind the injuries:

Hamer
    Wilson Morro Dervite Wiggins
    Stewart Cousins Hughes Harriott
    Church Sordell

I hope Hughes plays, a grafter and a leader.

Go on, do everything in your power to get down to The Valley. Lets show Forest what we've got, on the pitch lets out-fight them and out-want them and in the stands lets out-sing them and out-passion them. Get yourself down there, show your support and you may be in for a treat. You may not expect a win, in fact you'd be foolish to! But neither did those there at 2-0 down v Cardiff and Bolton. We can do this, lets show some Charlton fighting spirit from the last two seasons. Lets show SIR Chris Powell our support for him, he deserves it from the success we've had with him.

COYR!

Edit
  • Options
    In the depths of the doldrums(in which by the way we are not) one often finds that certain players of any team raise their game and inspire a team performance that surpasses all expectations and tomorrow night , somewhere out there a Charlton player is going to play a blinder and get the rest going (it has been jj in the past) I have no idea who it will be tomorrow night but I will live in hope that it will be SOMEBODY! Powell must obviously stay and see this through; backs to the wall is where it all begins. Bring it on ......
  • Options

Forest are the best footballing side in this league and anyone who thinks we should play 4-4-2 and put Pritchard and Stephens up against Lansbury and Reid must have masochistic tendencies or be on drugs.

The UN would probably ban it as a war crime.

Pack the midfield with some muscle (i.e. not Pritchard), play Harriot and Stewart with Sordell , pray loudly, work like dogs and with divine intervention we might scrape a 1-1.
  • Options
    Lots of talk about how Forest play but sometimes if you just go at teams, get in front, they can lose all shape & organisation. Go 4-3-3 by all means but we're at home and need to commit plenty of players forward when we attack...not just aim at Church on his own in the box, like we did against Millwall.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    As Doncaster didn't count this is my first home game of the season and despite everything I cannot wait. Forest always seem to do well against us but its about time this team put in a performance and made us proud. Forest play great football which may help us and the night game will hide the empty seats. Still think we'll get beat 3-1 but just have a feeling something positive will come out of the evening.
  • Options
    Same as last year, completely outplayed for 90 minutes 2-1 loss with a late consolation for us. :(

P.S I think Mowbray's the longest serving manager in the champ and not SCP
  • Options
    2-0 win......................COYR's
  • Options
    What the hell..... being unrealistically positive and going for a 2-1 home victory.
  • Options
    a win, any win no matter how......will cheer a mis-hit shinner likes it's a 30-yard barmstormer!!!!

Only have a couple of games until I move bloody miles away so selfishly would be great to take at least one memory of a recent win with me. Will txt CP and let him and the boys know...........COYA!!!
  • Options
    Home win, 2-1 expecting empty seats around us though, that's life.
  • Options
    Cant go tonight only other game ive missed... Leicester... So changed to home win barca esque win followed up with a shite loss to blackpool saturday with me back in se7.
  • Options

Cant go tonight only other game ive missed... Leicester... So changed to home win barca esque win followed up with a shite loss to blackpool saturday with me back in se7.

Yep I have just found out I can't go tonight due to work commitments, so I expect this exact scenario too!

• Options
    Will be there more in hope than expectation. Can see a pasting to be honest.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Forest bore the life out of me that and the hype that surrounds them when really they are a championship club and always will be.

As for us,
    we're not going to come out and show some guts and fight, are we?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    This reeks of the Cardiff game last season. Lets get behind the boys and come out and blitz Forest from word go.
  • Options
    From the BBC web site

Charlton captain Johnnie Jackson will miss the game against Nottingham Forest with a groin injury.

Midfielder Bradley Pritchard is a doubt following concussion and defenders Chris Solly and Leon Cort are still out with knee injuries.

Nottingham Forest will give fitness tests to midfielders Guy Moussi, Nathaniel Chalobah, defender Kelvin Wilson and forward Jamie Paterson.

Chalobah, Wilson and Paterson all missed Saturday's win over Derby.
  • Options
    I'd go for a 9-0-1 extreme hoof ball formation with plenty flares (smuggled in via Thermos flasks) thrown on to the pitch on or about the halfway line.
  • Options
    Didn't realise Chalobah was at Forest this season. Hope he fails his fitness test and Wilson too.
  • Options

0-2. TJ puts the bullets in the gun and his finger hovers over thw trigger.

Nothing if not consistent Clem. This is what you said before the Cardiff game last year:

Won't get tonked, will loose. Routine 0-2 and a caretaker manager in for Bristol City (not saying its right, but think a defeat will see TJ pull the trigger.

Let's keep the Chris Powell chants going tonight, and fingers crossed Clem you're no less wrong than you were last year!
  • Options
    Also from the BBC site, not good reading :-(

Charlton Athletic

• Chris Powell's Charlton are striving to avoid four successive league defeats, last suffered in March 2011.

• They last had fewer than five points from the first eight games in 2006, their relegation season from the Premier League, when they'd registered one win and seven defeats by this same stage.

• The Addicks have not managed a clean sheet in 16 home league games, and have only kept one in the last 24.
  • Options
    Hammer

Wilson----Morrison----Wood----Wiggins

---Dervitte---

Stuart-----Pritchard------Hughes-----Evina

Church

They play a midfielder just behind the strikers and Dervitte can patrol this area. A bit defensive, but the main aim after a run of poor results is just do not lose.

• Options
    COYR - we need a result of some kind and hopefully the players will dig a result out from somewhere.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

Hammer

Wilson----Morrison----Wood----Wiggins

---Dervitte---

Stuart-----Pritchard------Hughes-----Evina

Church

They play a midfielder just behind the strikers and Dervitte can patrol this area. A bit defensive, but the main aim after a run of poor results is just do not lose.

Is Graham Stuart back with us?

• Options
    16 home league games without a clean sheet is a shocking statistic.