Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Southeastern trains - Useless

Comments

• Options
    no services expected tomorrow on south eastern before 7am so they can check lines before services start.

HastingsAddick - because of landslip at Wadhurst it's currently : from Lewisham it will be train to Tonbridge, change for train to Tun Wells, change at Tun Wells for bus service to Robertsbridge then back on a train to Hastings. Southeastern say they hope to clear landslip by this evening BUT my mate is a driver and says that the current situation won't change until after Christmas. Your mother in law will be better off staying at home for Xmas ;-))
  • Options
    Trains at Dartford were this morning cancelled due to the engineering works between Stroud and Gravesend. From 4pm tonight Southeastern are on a 50 mph speed limit. It has also been announced that Network Rail have stated that no trains can run tomorrow morning until the tracks have been checked. Southeastern have said that this will be 7am at the earliest!
  • Options

Tree now across the line at mottingham, my sidcup line train now diverted on the bexleyheath line.

Yet 20 mins on SE website saying they are running a 'good service' down the Sidcup line...

• Options

no services expected tomorrow on south eastern before 7am so they can check lines before services start.

HastingsAddick - because of landslip at Wadhurst it's currently : from Lewisham it will be train to Tonbridge, change for train to Tun Wells, change at Tun Wells for bus service to Robertsbridge then back on a train to Hastings. Southeastern say they hope to clear landslip by this evening BUT my mate is a driver and says that the current situation won't change until after Christmas. Your mother in law will be better off staying at home for Xmas ;-))

Thanks for that Large....no doubt she will get here somehow and she does help the wife with the dinner so can't really complain to much about her being here.
  • Options
    I have not had a drink at lunchtime since xmas last year. Why do i get the feeling it will turn out to be a bad move trying to get home.........
  • Options

Tree now across the line at mottingham, my sidcup line train now diverted on the bexleyheath line.

Yet 20 mins on SE website saying they are running a 'good service' down the Sidcup line...

No trains is a "good service" - to them.
  • Options
    Apparently there are trees on the lines at Maze Hill / Eltham and Mottingham now so all three lines are screwed.

Bet there will be fewer fans at Arsenal tonight... Could they call it off?
  • Options
    According to the bib man at Cannon St, there is a tree.on the Bexleyheath line, a tree.on.the Sidcup line, and a trampoline on the Hayes line...
  • Options

According to the bib man at Cannon St, there is a tree.on the Bexleyheath line, a tree.on.the Sidcup line, and a trampoline on the Hayes line...

Hows is Cannon St. looking at the moment... Is it getting packed?
  • Options
    1639 sidcup line from canon st appears ok station not too bad
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    42 not flagged yet tho, so normal stuff :)
  • Options
    No, was fine. Just all delayed with the odd one moving. At Lewisham now
  • Options
    Still announcing trees on hayes sidcup and greenwich lines tho
  • Options
    42 has vanished, station pretty full
  • Options
    Its reappeared now, happy journey home folks
  • Options

I got caught in that.... i got packed bus from Eltham to New Eltham.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Oh well, well and truely put the kybosh on my freebie drinking plans, but made it home in one piece and early.

Fairly sure my wife is responsible for all this, so apologies everyone.
  • Options
    leaving Paddington now.... 5.25. What's my chances?
  • Options
    One of the easiest journeys ever. Tube fine, got eltham train and now on bus home. 1hr 15. Almost a record. Just look like beetle juice due to heavy bags and no brolly.
  • Options
    Got the 15.44 to sidcup. There was an announcement at lee saying there might be a tree on the line and the driving on the train in front was checking it out. Two minutes later we were on our way. In the Alma at 4.20 rather than 4.15 :)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cycled in this am with no regard for weather tonight. Jumped on the train with the bike at Woolwich Arsenal. Got to Falconwood via Barnehurst ok. The ride from Falconwood to Sidcup was terrifying. The cross wind was insane. Also a danger of drowning with the way the rain was coming down.
  • Options
    I'm glad I didn't go to out to join a few colleagues this evening - was meant to meet in Gravesend for a few beers & then a curry. I was planning on getting a train from Swanley to Meopham & then a bus into Gravesend - getting a cab back to Meopham after 10pm tonight for the return train home.

Just seen that the last 3 trains back have been cancelled and the 21.56 is running 84 mins late !!!

• Options
    Anyone at dartford on a train yet?
  • Options
    SE website says no trains until later this morning
  • Options
    Got the bus from the top of my road to Woolwich and on the DLR to Bank now... Even gonna get to work earlier than usual - SouthEastern tickets are being accepted on these routes
  • Options
    New Eltham station flooding on line. Jack is sending everyone to Eltham.
  • Options
    Bexleyheath line running but with delays.
  • Options

SE website says no trains until later this morning

Southeastern is now operating Plan B - bring forward Xmas by two days. Last night the depot at Hither Green was full of trains at c10pm - there was of course a gap of over an hour on the mainline trains - all of which were sticking to the schedule so no extra stops for the people at intervening stations whose trains they cancelled. There were of course no visible problems whatsover on the line and the most of the staff at the stations had disappeared. The poor people on the information desk at Charing Cross were of course not being supplied with any more information than was on the indicator boards.
  • Options

New Eltham station flooding on line. Jack is sending everyone to Eltham.

I got the bus in...didn't even bother going to the station.

• Options
    I got to Eltham and could see no trains had left dartford so jumped on 132 to north greenwich and got Jubilee line. left home at 7, got in to work via M&S Edgware road at 9am. no one here.

Did see a train go up through eltham so they were running, but the info on the app and online
    was incorrect.

Why does twitter tell you to look at the website, which has a generic message and says to check twitter for real time info and then the app just said 'delayed' for every train.

happy xmas from South Eastern. They never fail to serve up some Christmas cheer at this time. just before the fares go up. which we have to pay.

Also, they say they will refund for additional cost of duplicate journeys, how does that work with oyster pay as you go?