Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Southeastern trains - Useless

Comments

• Options
    when they are running really late they just cut out loads of stations so that they don't arrive more than 30 mins late, follow them on twitter @SE_Railway
  • Options

Jokers, I don't think I have been on a Sidcup Line train in the last fortnight that has arrived into Charing Cross under 10 minutes late.

Today 14 minutes.

You could forgive them if it was say, once a week, but they just cannot run to time.

Likewise. F*%king useless. Sick of my boss looking at me every morning like I just couldn't be bothered to get out of bed on time.

Seriously considering getting a moped. I feel like it's aging me getting the train to work every morning, my face is starting to set into a permanent frown.
  • Options
    Their twitter account is useless. Some news about one train running 5 mins late from Hastings but nothing about all the suburban trains being ****ed.

It's like they don't have any linkage to the front line - pointless.
  • Options
    I like the way they say Season Tickets will be valid on LUL. Great, if you live in New Eltham.
  • Options
    Last night after the electric doors on a connecting door were shut 2 foot in front of my face having arrived less that 20 seconds before on the opposite platform I was told by the man responsible "We don't do connections". This was the fourth time this week that the connection had been missed and consigned me and many others to a wait of nearly 30 minutes on a grotty station. I was told that my attitude was all wrong for raising my voice in complaint - apparently I should have barged past the ladies in front of me in order to get off the train quicker.
  • Options
    'Technical rostering error' my arse. Last shopping weekend before Christmas, drivers just didn't turn up. Same thing happens every half term and the first time it snows.
  • Options
    Getting their excuses in already for tomorrow!
  • Options
    I got to the station this morning and two of my regular trains didnt come up at all. Nothing mentioned. Are they on a Christmas limited schedule already?

• Options
    Curb_It said:

I got to the station this morning and two of my regular trains didnt come up at all. Nothing mentioned. Are they on a Christmas limited schedule already?

I think it starts tomorrow.

Im getting a bit concerned as my daughter's come to work with me and we're going to the theatre this afternoon.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Curb_It said:

I think it starts tomorrow.

Im getting a bit concerned as my daughter's come to work with me and we're going to the theatre this afternoon.
    The schedule was different today, so I assume the Christmas timetable has begun, I had to get up 15 minutes earlier and drag myself to the station to get to work on time from Bexley to Charing X. I wish I bloody hadn't, nobody's here.
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

I think so as two trains from Bexleyheath werent available that usually are today... Think its pretty much Saturday service from now till after New Years with a few extra Cannon Street trains thrown in
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

We checked at New Eltham yesterday but it bore no resemblance to what actually happened this morning.

• Options

The schedule was different today, so I assume the Christmas timetable has begun, I had to get up 15 minutes earlier and drag myself to the station to get to work on time from Bexley to Charing X. I wish I bloody hadn't, nobody's here.

Which train Robin? I got my usual train from Bexley no problem there was no metion of changes to the schedule.

Getting back tonight however may be a different story they already have warnings aabout severe weather causing cancellations at short notice so I'm expecting chaos because a bit of wind and rain can easily derail a train!
  • Options
    I thought the announcements all last week said to check the timetable for 24th December onwards. At least I know now for tomorrow morning.

Good luck Russ. If you hear they are playing up id just get the tube to North Greenwich and a cab.

• Options
    Curb_It said:

I thought the announcements all last week said to check the timetable for 24th December onwards. At least I know now for tomorrow morning.

Good luck Russ. If you hear they are playing up id just get the tube to North Greenwich and a cab.

Cheers B, good idea.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    JWADDICK said:

Which train Robin? I got my usual train from Bexley no problem there was no metion of changes to the schedule.

Getting back tonight however may be a different story they already have warnings aabout severe weather causing cancellations at short notice so I'm expecting chaos because a bit of wind and rain can easily derail a train!

I usually get the 7.59 but it wasn't running today so I ended up on the 7.43.

And yer, according to reports trains will be running at 50mph after 4, so I'm going to see if I can get out early.
  • Options
    landslide on my line this morning at Wadhurst. Had to drive to Tonbridge. Suffice to say I will be doing a Delay Repay claim Nathan. Trains on my line not expected to be back to nornal, whatever normal is, until after Christmas. And to think my fares from January will only be about £5,400 a year. What a bargain.

Because of high winds and heavy rain from 4pm this afternoon until 10am tomorrow morning there is a 50mph speed restriction imposed. God knows what the trains will be like tomorrow.
  • Options

landslide on my line this morning at Wadhurst. Had to drive to Tonbridge. Suffice to say I will be doing a Delay Repay claim Nathan. Trains on my line not expected to be back to nornal, whatever normal is, until after Christmas. And to think my fares from January will only be about £5,400 a year. What a bargain.

Because of high winds and heavy rain from 4pm this afternoon until 10am tomorrow morning there is a 50mph speed restriction imposed. God knows what the trains will be like tomorrow.

You should just get the tube mate.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Anyone curious for 2014 Fares should go here... http://ojp.nationalrail.co.uk/service/seasonticket/search

SouthEastern have released them today (anyone who gets a monthly from Bexleyheath to London (tubes / buses etc... not inc.) will pay £156 rather than £151
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    only £ 5,336. What a bargain. Up 3%, could have been a lot worse.
  • Options
    Two trains cancelled and one short formed this morning due to 'Staff Shortages'. Every year it's the same shit. The sooner train drivers are replaced with automatic systems the better. Piss-taking chancers the lot of them.
  • Options
    Gravesend station is basically closed now until 6th Jan, so could be causing issue further up the line.
  • Options

well thats a small mercy ..you are £4.00 better off than you thought you might be expect the coaches wont let you down on boxing day!

• Options
    nothing into Liverpool street tomorrow untill 10am
  • Options

Because of high winds and heavy rain from 4pm this afternoon until 10am tomorrow morning there is a 50mph speed restriction imposed. God knows what the trains will be like tomorrow.</blockquote

That's actually good news. 50 mph is a good 15 mph faster than any train on the Sidcup line has achieved since 1954.

• Options

Mother-in-law coming down for Christmas (tomorrow) from Lewisham she's going to have some fun getting down here. Winds really picking up now, just hope the roof and fence survive.
  • Options
    Tree now across the line at mottingham, my sidcup line train now diverted on the bexleyheath line.
  • Options

Mother-in-law coming down for Christmas (tomorrow) from Lewisham she's going to have some fun getting down here. Winds really picking up now, just hope the roof and fence survive.
    Don't they normally use replacement buses?? ;-)
  • Options
    Weather reports are for heavy strong winds this afternoon through to tomorrow morning. As a precaution, Network Rail has issued a speed restriction of 50 miles per hour across the network from 4pm today. Inevitably, some services may be altered and cancelled.

Network Rail advises that in order to ensure safe operation on Tuesday 24 December routes will need to be checked and the tracks will need to be cleared of any fallen trees before train services can start.

Depending on the extent of the damage caused by the storm we are advised that it’s unlikely we’ll be able to run any train services until at least after 7am, possibly later, so please plan to travel on later train services on Tuesday morning.

Our high speed service between Ashford and St Pancras International will not be affected by speed restrictions today or the late start to the service tomorrow.

London Underground and DLR will be accepting Southeastern tickets on all reasonable routes tomorrow morning until we’re able to run a service.

Please bear in mind that decisions over train services are likely to be made at relatively short notice as Network Rail confirms it is safe to run services, so check nationalrail.co.uk as close to your planned travelling time as possible, and check southeasternrailway.co.uk for updates.

If your journey is delayed by 30 minutes or more you can claim Delay Repay.

If you’re unable to complete your journey on Southeastern today due to the storm, you’ll be able to travel tomorrow (24 December) using today’s ticket.

Southeastern