Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Holiday camp recommendations

Comments

• Options
    Lol. Is it booked?
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    No, just looking at cheap options for a midweek break. Much rather some honest feedback
  • Options
    Parkdean have a place near Weymouth - cant remember name but went a few years ago with youngsters and would recommend. They also have a site at Trecco Bay, south wales which had a major refurb a couple of years ago and seems ideal for families
  • Options
    Also Whitecliff Bay, nr Bembridge IoW a great place to go
  • Options
    Mate Fishguard holiday park last season cost me next to nothing and was superb

It was not your haven or butlins it was not perfect in any way and if you are so inclined to look for faults you would find them

But it was decent especially as scarlett was only 3 and was knackerd by nine and I'm bed by ten past

Joe made pals and was safe on the site

Me and the good lady had glasses of wine over looking the Welsh coast

It was less than a third of what you'd pay at haven etc

Out door heated pool a few arcades a great kids entertainment bit until 830pm and activities in the day time

It was the nicest holiday in ages

It's just a trek to get too
  • Options
    Sandy Balls? Thought thats what you got at Camber Sands
  • Options

No, just looking at cheap options for a midweek break. Much rather some honest feedback

Dan, I have a couple of Mon - Friday breaks available at Waterside, Park Resorts St. Lawrence Bay. If you're interested I'll do you a deal!
  • Options
    cheers @Johnny73, will avoid.
  • Options
    One piece of advice would be to go for the highest accommodation spec you can. The gold and platinum vans tend to be privately owned and are generally better looked after.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Keep an eye out for late deals on the Haven website. We are returning today from Church Farm, Pagham after 4 nights. Can't fault the site at all really, weather has helped. It is also close (15 minute drive) from West Wittering beach which is great.

Paid £199 for a Superior 3 bed Sunday, checked in Monday.
  • Options
    @AFKABartram‌ have a look on the hoseasons site, they have some good deals. We like vauxhall caravan park in great Yarmouth loads to do round there and loads on site.
  • Options
    Afka - I can recommend a caravan park at Winchelsea. Nice quiet little place. Outdoor pool and clubhouse. My gf's sister and parents both own one there and are always down there with their kids.
    Big park accross the road and a pebble beach. Plus really close to Hastings, Rye and Camber and even Dymchurch isn't too far.
    Co op right next door and lovely resturant (The Ship) 50 meters down the road.
    Me and the gf just spent a lovely week there ourselves.
  • Options
    cheers all
  • Options
    If anyone does fancy the Aviemore Highland Resort they have a 35% off deal on at the moment.
    I've just booked 5 nights B&B for the last week of the school holidays for £326.
  • Options
    Spending a long weekend at butlins. Plenty to do. Lovely weather. Something for all ages.
  • Options
    I'm at butlins now in minehead having a great time.
  • Options
    MarkyE83 said:

Keep an eye out for late deals on the Haven website. We are returning today from Church Farm, Pagham after 4 nights. Can't fault the site at all really, weather has helped. It is also close (15 minute drive) from West Wittering beach which is great.

Paid £199 for a Superior 3 bed Sunday, checked in Monday.

We must be living parallel lives @MarkyE83 . We did exactly the same as you last Monday to Friday. Phoned up in the morning got a quote and booked-in that afternoon. Paid the same price for a lovely caravan in "Ballast Rise". Agree it was an excellent site: two pools; two bars; lots to do; everything scrupulously clean. The old security guy on the gate was one of the jolliest guys I've met. Wholeheartedly recommend it. Didn't know there were any other Charlton fans there last week - saw some Brummies, a Palace kid and quite a lot of Dutch.

The contrast between this site and the one we stayed in the previous weekend, Coghurst Hall - Hastings, was remarkable. That one was awful and I'd recommend people avoid it.

Sunset at Pagham Lagoon-8
    Sunset at Pagham Lagoon last Thursday
  • Options

I'm at butlins now in minehead having a great time.

I'm still there just saw a Charlton t-shirt in the deck (premium dining restaurant) anyone want to own up?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    So not a lifer then?
  • Options
    Devon Cliffs gets my vote (Exmouth) it's a haven site.
  • Options

Devon Cliffs gets my vote (Exmouth) it's a haven site.

I think there's a theme here that Haven's sites are the best: Rockley Park, Church Farm, Devon Cliffs...
  • Options
    a crowd of us always do a 'sun' weekend at Combe Haven in Hastings every year for a weekend, it is what it is - kids love it and pay to upgrade to a decent van and it's still dirt cheap.
  • Options
    Not stayed there but a mate runs these nice looking chalets for very good prices http://elizabethrosechalets.co.uk/
  • Options
    We've gone with @superclive‌ recommendation of Vauxhall. Let's hope his recommendations are better than his inside knowledge :-)
  • Options
    edited August 2014

We've gone with @superclive‌ recommendation of Vauxhall. Let's hope his recommendations are better than his inside knowledge :-)

A) I think you're mistaking him for supaclive.

B) I've been horse racing at Great Yarmouth & it was about as appealing as Stevenage/Margate. Best stay in the site & not venture into town :-)
  • Options

B) I've been horse racing at Great Yarmouth & it was about as appealing as Stevenage/Margate. Best stay in the site & not venture into town :-)
    Thanks for your words of wisdom CE. It was a toss up between St Lucia, the Maldives or a Great Yarmouth caravan.
    Wished you'd said it was a dump earlier...
  • Options
    I'm sure it will be fine. Just get superclive to let you know all the good stuff he found.

We were just walking down the "main drag" from the station.
  • Options
    This looked good.