Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Holiday camp recommendations

Comments

• Options

We've gone with @superclive‌ recommendation of Vauxhall. Let's hope his recommendations are better than his inside knowledge :-)

And if you get the opportunity to venture into Great Yarmouth...............

Don't!

• Options

We've gone with @superclive‌ recommendation of Vauxhall. Let's hope his recommendations are better than his inside knowledge :-)

Good choice. Pound in a pint jar pub, handy links to rest of London and easy access to some of the more eclectic clubs. and round corner from Oval.
  • Options
    I think The Vauxhall Tavern is a gay bar gay bar.

#justsayinglike
  • Options
    We just got back on Saturday @AFKABartram. We had a good week there and I just made kickoff at the valley. If you want a good sandy beach nearby head to Gorleston. Really nice beach, also I recommend a day trip to bewilderwood ‌ really good place. Pleasurewood hills is also a good day. Hope you enjoy it as much as we did, when do you go? And yep its the other supaclive who comes out with the insode knowledge! I am well and truly ITK!
  • Options
    Great Yarmouth is ok, my kids loved the pier and the donkey rides and the little rides at joyland. For a 4 or 5 year old it ticks the boxes.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Cheers @superclive‌ will let you know how we get on. Hopefully will have enough for the little uns.
  • Options

Cheers @superclive‌ will let you know how we get on. Hopefully will have enough for the little uns.

I've never been to G Yarmouth but apparently it's good for people with young kids, it's probably just like any other UK seaside town but with better beaches.

It's got to be better then Skeggy surely?
  • Options
    Waiting for our lift to Gatwick now, meeting sonic who is kipping at Costa, North teminal - Vive a l Espagne
  • Options

I've never been to G Yarmouth but apparently it's good for people with young kids, it's probably just like any other UK seaside town but with better beaches.

Everywhere is better than Skegness!
  • Options
    Great Yarmouth is fine for families with young kids. The pier they will love and on the sea front they have the best crazy golf course in the country!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Haha yep the crazy golf is good! There's also the sea life centre and miniature village. Ive bot been to skeggy or blackpool OP but I love British seasides!
  • Options

Haha yep the crazy golf is good! There's also the sea life centre and miniature village. Ive bot been to skeggy or blackpool OP but I love British seasides!

So do you rate GY better then Blackpool and Skeggy was that?

Everywhere is better than Skegness!
    I bet you loved it really lol

• Options
    Scarbourgh aving it
  • Options
    edited August 2014

How was it ? Good hopefully.
  • Options
    Yeo how was it @AFKABartram?
  • Options
    Cheers @superclive for the recommendation, and also others like Clem for their helpful honesty in putting us off others.

Nearly was Skegness as an hour ringing round virtually every company that was the only one in our budget, but managed to get a discount at Vauxhall and hugely grateful how it worked out.

Couldn't fault the place at all to be honest. Been to quite a few holiday parks ans this was definitely the best we'd stayed at. Had one of the lowest level of caravans but it was spotless and faultless. Great camp , loads to do for kids and will definitely be returning.

Although it didnt really bother us, the only gripe I had was the sheer number of gypsy / traveller families (at ease Chizz) staying there at the time. No major drama for us (others had run ins through the complete non-supervision of their kids etc) but could be a bit dominating in certain areas like the amusements at times.

Not sure if this was a one off, or a regular thing due to the ability to bring your own trawlers etc. Did you have this the week before or not ?
  • Options

Cheers @superclive for the recommendation, and also others like Clem for their helpful honesty in putting us off others.

Nearly was Skegness as an hour ringing round virtually every company that was the only one in our budget, but managed to get a discount at Vauxhall and hugely grateful how it worked out.

Couldn't fault the place at all to be honest. Been to quite a few holiday parks ans this was definitely the best we'd stayed at. Had one of the lowest level of caravans but it was spotless and faultless. Great camp , loads to do for kids and will definitely be returning.

Although it didnt really bother us, the only gripe I had was the sheer number of gypsy / traveller families (at ease Chizz) staying there at the time. No major drama for us (others had run ins through the complete non-supervision of their kids etc) but could be a bit dominating in certain areas like the amusements at times.

Not sure if this was a one off, or a regular thing due to the ability to bring your own trawlers etc. Did you have this the week before or not ?

Bring your own trawlers? Must have been a f***ing big swimming pool.
  • Options
    Ha, I meant tourers.
  • Options

I wondered why its been so quiet in the St Marys Cray area
  • Options
    @AFKABartram‌ glad you enjoyed it. I did notice that this year, we went 9th till 16th of aug. We also went last year and I didn't notice them. Same as you we didnt have any problems but I did see them having a bit of a row amongst themselves outside the arcade one evening, only about 7 of them and mainly kids, but the language wasnt nice with kids about. I was quite close to asking them to tone it down, but a guy from the park staff quickly appeared and they quietly dispersed. So nothing really and they probably caused no more problems than rowdy non travellers. I think most in tourers are fine, I want to get one, it looks great sitting outside having a beer!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I looked at vauxhall before but I didn't think there was enough to do there in comparison so decided against it although it did look better than haven and pontins.
  • Options
    butlins ducky
  • Options
    lolwray said:

butlins ducky

What's a butlins ducky?
  • Options
    @operationpig‌ havent beeb so cant comment on blackpool or skeggy. Definitely want to go though
  • Options

lolwray said:

butlins ducky

What's a butlins ducky?
    twas a "camp" recommendation

• Options
    lolwray said:

lolwray said:

butlins ducky

What's a butlins ducky?
    twas a "camp" recommendation

Oh ok then that's me ;-) butlins all day long but not Skegness though.
  • Options
    Can't beat the park dean white acres site near newquay as for butlins overpriced and stuck in a time warp ,and as for the dinning well reminded me of my school canteen
  • Options

Can't beat the park dean white acres site near newquay as for butlins overpriced and stuck in a time warp ,and as for the dinning well reminded me of my school canteen

Did you have premium dining? Food court dining isn't very nice. I don't think it's overpriced either. I paid 1200 for 7 nights including premium dining for 6 of us. Which is good considering they get unlimited use of an excellent swimming pool, funfair rides, jumping pillows, trampolines, well known characters, shows throughout the day and night, arts and craft sessions and much more all in the price and during school summer holidays. They are also excellent with special needs, they put a chain high up in our door and a window lock in his room, they supplied us with an extra tv and a DVD player in my sons room as he won't sleep at all without disney cars playing. They reserved one particular table in a quieter area at dinner and breakfast so he has routine, on some paid activities like bungee trampolines they let him try before we had to pay just in case he didn't like it. They gave us a free mini fridge for my husbands insulin, I could go on forever.

I challenge anyone to tell me anywhere else where i could get that much for my money.
  • Options
    the rooms in the hotels they've done down at Bognor look really impressive, but as one of my boys will only eat two dinners (both penne pasta based), we have to make do with the old self-catering apartments so he can eat something!