Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Holiday camp recommendations

124»

Comments

• Options

the rooms in the hotels they've done down at Bognor look really impressive, but as one of my boys will only eat two dinners (both penne pasta based), we have to make do with the old self-catering apartments so he can eat something!

The premium dining at minehead have a pasta bar where they prepare fresh pasta all sorts with any toppings or sauces of your choosing. Also if you mention it to the restaurant staff they would do it for you everyday they are very good like that. If they have the ingredients they will cook it.
  • Options
    bump, anyone stayed at Sandford Holiday Park down near Poole?
  • Options

Yes mate, we had a nice time there. Might be wrong but I think we had to book slots for the indoor pool but they do have a pretty decent outdoor one too.

Decent entertainment for the kids in the evening but can't comment on the later shows as we'd left by then.

We stayed in a caravan, which was all they had left when we booked but would suggest you try and get the best available as it was fine, but not brilliant. There are a few things to do not far from the site (kids farm, Poole, Weymouth etc) too.

• Options
    cheers @DaveMehmet looking for a summer holiday caravan and that seems quite well positioned to get out to other places, plus the outdoor pool seems pretty good for young ones
  • Options

cheers @DaveMehmet looking for a summer holiday caravan and that seems quite well positioned to get out to other places, plus the outdoor pool seems pretty good for young ones

No worries mate. I was ill when we were there so don't have the greatest memories but my daughter loved it.
  • Options

No worries mate. I was ill when we were there so don't have the greatest memories but my daughter loved it.
    knob rot??
  • Options

Misread that as Sandhurst, thought to myself 'That doesn't sound like a lot of fun?'
  • Options
    Hi De Hi
  • Options
    Hi De Ho
  • Options
    Sandy balls?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    For god's sake don't go to Butlins at Filey in 1973!
  • Options
    There is a day camp in August for the youngsters at the Charity I am working for in Eltham - Wide Horizons Environment Centre, also a Free Open Day tomorrow so pop along if you need something to occupy the kids. They also do a residential camp for older ones further afield. Quote Charlton Life if you register :)
  • Options
    Coombe Haven Hastings
  • Options

We stayed here earlier in the year for kids rugby tour. I liked the place, well laid out and clean, had everything you'd expect
  • Options
    kevtherev said:

Coombe Haven Hastings

Used to love it as a kid, went back a few years ago and it was poo. Nothing to do anymore.
  • Options
    If your not to far from monkey world @AFKABartram I recommend that as a day trip, you can stand at the enclosures mesmerised for ages.
  • Options
    smiffyboy said:

If your not to far from monkey world @AFKABartram I recommend that as a day trip, you can stand at the enclosures mesmerised for ages.

Saves having to go to the rusty tool box.
  • Options

kevtherev said:

Coombe Haven Hastings

Used to love it as a kid, went back a few years ago and it was poo. Nothing to do anymore.
    Really? We did our Sun £9.50 break there a couple of months ago, really like it there. 2nd time we've been in 12 months.

Cheers @smiffyboy thats on the day out list mate
  • Options

kevtherev said:

Coombe Haven Hastings

Really? We did our Sun £9.50 break there a couple of months ago, really like it there. 2nd time we've been in 12 months.

Cheers @smiffyboy thats on the day out list mate
    I hated it. Maybe it's because I remembered it being so much better as a child?

Did you find anything to do? There was an arcade, a pretty basic swimming pool an adventure playground and a couple of pool tables. You have no choice but to leave site and make your own entertainment, the kids clubs were so short they were hardly worth attending. Only one choice for evening entertainment and that weren't all that, plus there's one lone restaurant which is overpriced and not particularly appetising.

Maybe I am just too used to butlins that anywhere else seems dull in comparison?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Seashore great yarmouth is good
  • Options
    Been looking at centre parcs wife went there last month
    f@ck me how do people afford it
    £1200 for a week
    £600 Friday to Monday
    gotta pay for most of the stuff
    £50 quid for breakfast four of you.
    Wife thinks I moan to much about things.
  • Options
    I cannot remember the name, but there is one in London SE7, on Floyd Road.

The cost is £175 for the season.
  • Options

I think you'll find that is a prison camp.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Doing a week in Lake Garda and a week in Tuscany. £99 for each week. Groupon offer but outside school holidays for the last year for me.
  • Options
    clb74 said:

£1200 for a week
    £600 Friday to Monday

Try one in Belgium/ holland
  • Options
    clb74 said:

£1200 for a week
    £600 Friday to Monday

We normally go a couple of times a year and a good way of doing a weekend is to go in Jan/Feb. We book a 3 night stay (Fri-Mon), pick our daughter up from school and drive straight there, we normally get there about 5:30. Stay until late on Sunday night and come home. All you miss out on is a night in the accommodation but you'll be coming home the next morning anyway.
  • Options

The red coats keep changing week in, week out.
  • Options
    Anyone been to Vauxhall Holiday Park recently ?
    Just wondered if still rated on here.

Thinking of a Mon-Fri trip in Easter hols and can get 2 bed apartment for £189
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Anyone been to Vauxhall Holiday Park recently ?
    Just wondered if still rated on here.

Thinking of a Mon-Fri trip in Easter hols and can get 2 bed apartment for £189
    Last went Oct 18 and it was great