Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Panini Sticker Albums

Anyone collect these as a young lad or you maybe you still do. Check your loft space and have a look to see if have near full ones in good nick.

Today at Sotheby's a Mexico 70 Panini sticker album minus just 3 stickers was sold for £3500!!

Comments

• Options
    I loved the Argentina 78s, though that was FKS, not panini. I've got a complete Europa 80, but it's in a pretty sorry state. I also have a complete South Africa 2010, which I did in an attempt to recapture the magic of childhood. It didn't work.
  • Options
    Came across an old one of mine a couple of years ago. Dates back to about 79. All the top flight players, but only a team picture of Charlton and other lower league teams. Annoyingly, only 3 stickers short of completion. Must have spent most of my pocket money on those bloody things. Also have the first series of pro-set cards, dating from about 88 which belonged to my younger brother. The only charlton ones I seem to recall in that were Tommy Caton, Peter Shirtliff, Paul Mortimer & Paul Williams...........
  • Options
    Got. Got. Got. Got. Neeeeed!!!!!!!

Think I've got four full ones from the early 80s, one of them from the 82 World Cup, tucked away in my loft somewhere. Might bang em on eBay.
  • Options
    I used to collect the Football League ones in the 90s (think they were Panini and not another brand) never came close to completing them though

The Premier League versions used to be hugely popular in the primary school playground as well though where you could do "swapsies" and get the "shinies" stickers (i.e. the badges / kits)
  • Options
    Will give you Jimmy Nicholl, Kenny Burns, Eddie Gray and Peter Withe for Eric Gates to complete my Ipswich squad plus tin foil Nottm Forest badge.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

tin foil Nottm Forest badge.

You mean a 'Shiny'?

In the playground they were more valuable than crack cocaine in a prison yard.

• Options
    I remember one year where I had about 20 Vasily Rats swapsies

Did the last World Cup and planning on doing this one. Just for funsies
  • Options

Need badly
  • Options
    I remember collecting the Panini World Cup 1978. Does anyone remember the football cards you got with a strip of bubble gum - what were they called ??
  • Options

I remember collecting the Panini World Cup 1978. Does anyone remember the football cards you got with a strip of bubble gum - what were they called ??

These things? image Used to come with a dried out stick of Bazooka bubble gum.

Just called FOOTBALLER (probably came up with a more catchy name later though)

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    There were Pro-Set cards (I think they were called that) in the late 80s/early 90s. I was still in First School so would have been about 89 or 90. I seem to remember there were only 3 Charlton players to collect - Johnny H, Willo and Tommy Caton (bit random). Anyone else remember them (the cards, not the players)?
  • Options
    sort of off topic but i have a roy of the rover 1963 annual reckon thats worth anything?
  • Options

There were Pro-Set cards (I think they were called that) in the late 80s/early 90s. I was still in First School so would have been about 89 or 90. I seem to remember there were only 3 Charlton players to collect - Johnny H, Willo and Tommy Caton (bit random). Anyone else remember them (the cards, not the players)?

As I said above, I've got them somewhere. Might have got some of the players wrong, but def Caton & Williams. There were these ones from a later set too............

• Options
    Started with 1978. Remember virtually every pack of stickers contained aberdeens drew jarvie.
    Completed the album eventually only for a couple of years later swap it to lend my mates brand new Atari for the weekend.
    Thinking back, the money I spent completing that album I probably could've hired a Lamborghini for a week.
  • Options
    Vaguely remember starting with 1978 , used to love 'em . Still got quite a few unfilled albums from 1980 onwards and have been getting the world cup/euro championship ones in recent years - for the kids of course .
  • Options
    Remember begging my Dad to go to a swapsies day so I could finish my Premier League 94 album, he wouldn't budge, it was miles away somewhere.
  • Options
    Someone bought me a whole box of merlin premier league stickers when i was younger. I cant think of many happier moments as a child
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Still have my 78 album somewhere in the loft, remember someone making their own Wolves "Shiny"in a vein attempt to complete as it was so rare and worth 5 Ian Callaghans!

Couldnt you cheat and send off direct for those you were missing for a price from a form at the back of the book?

My other memory is a Partick Thistle player called Hamish McAlpine for some reason, they dont make them like that any more,

Bristol City from memory sported some cracking perm/tache combo's Clive Whitehead was one I think.

As addickupnorth said "got, got, got, got, need" quality.

I have a few 30's/40's cigarette equivilents of John Hewie & Sam Bartram of my grandads I will tweet for the museum so thanks for the idea shirty5
  • Options
    I have the complete Mexico 86 album, can honestly say it's one of my most prized possessions!! Also did the last Euro Championship 'for my son' not for my own personal amusement of course!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I remember in the early 90's colecting these! You couldn't move for bloody Ruel Fox stickers back then, and the Alan Shearer sticker was like gold dust. Must have been the season after Blackburn won the title.
  • Options
    had about 25 Blackburn badge shineys. Seemed to be in almost every pack i bought.

Do the new ones still have shineys?
  • Options
    Believe so.

anyone remember the petrol station (deffo BP and esso as well i think) coins?

They were great. Wish id kept the 1990 one. which i managed to complete. Hardest part of that was persuading my dad to stop using the jet garage which was cheap and pay BP prices so i could get the coins
  • Options

Esso did the coins. Had / have somewhere the complete set for Italia 90 (or may have been Mexico 86). You used to get a few coins per visit. Remember getting loads one day as the cashier must have been in a good mood.
  • Options
    Remember when Macdonalds got involved and on the back of some of the stickers you would win a free fries or coke, remember them being even more valuable then shinys. But not as valuable as sticker number 1, if you had that as a spare you was a god.

Felt sorry for some kids who had a massive load to swap then some fecker would smash em out his hand then there would be a mad scramble to see what you could rob
  • Options
    SE7toSG3 said:

Couldnt you cheat and send off direct for those you were missing for a price from a form at the back of the book?

You could but only about 25 if I remember rightly, so you had to get close first.
  • Options

Need badly
    Classic. I remember stalking one person for about a week as they had the shiny West Ham badge that I needed to complete that page. I had put an offer together comprising about 10 stickers and was attempting to close the negotiation. The one you needed was usually all creased up from being at the bottom of someones pocket for ages, but that didnt matter.
  • Options
    Nicholas said:

Remember when Macdonalds got involved and on the back of some of the stickers you would win a free fries or coke, remember them being even more valuable then shinys. But not as valuable as sticker number 1, if you had that as a spare you was a god.

Felt sorry for some kids who had a massive load to swap then some fecker would smash em out his hand then there would be a mad scramble to see what you could rob

ha ha that is funny. the first incarnation of a bunch of literal "plastic gangstas"