Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Panini Sticker Albums

Comments

• Options
    World Cup one is out today , for the kids of course
  • Options
    how much is it? I am thinking of getting it
  • Options
    Ooo my little 'un will be happy
  • Options
    £2.99

50p a pack

Guess who just ran down to the corner-shop-that-isn't-on-a-corner and treated himself
  • Options
    is it definate available? might have to get involved with this.Start a charlton life swap shop lol
  • Options
    Just went an got a couple packs, they don't make em like they used to !image
  • Options
    They are a little cheaper than before. I also used to like to read a bit of a bio about the player that they used to have on the back.
  • Options
    edited April 2014

• Options
    Swisdom said:

£2.99

50p a pack

Guess who just ran down to the corner-shop-that-isn't-on-a-corner and treated himself

Thuram?

• Options
    Very tempted.......
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Look out for 3 for 2 offers at Sainsbury's then fill your boots.
  • Options
    Had Football '78, Football '79, Argentina and one of the Euro ones - can't remember the year but it had a circle of flags on a white cover.

With the '79 set I bought a whole box of cards when I bought the book. Thought I'd crack it but ended up with masses of doubles.

Most doubles I had: Sammy Chung (Wolves Manager), Gordon Lee (Everton Manager), Bristol City Badge.
  • Options
    Free album and six stickers with todays Sun.
  • Options
    not many england players about so far, only got wilshere and baines
  • Options
    Wouldn't mind betting that some of the contributors on here are Parents or even Grandparents just itching for an excuse to but them for their relations.

Or even just themselves.

Whoever said we were a bunch of stamp sticker collectors.
  • Options
    Anyone completed it yet?
  • Options

I bought this for @les_says along with 10 packs of stickers. ( I actually bought it with packs of cards to start with but were told they were another game and were 'wrong' so had to go out to get the right ones )

Well, there was absolute concentration whilst he opened each packet, read out each name/ground/team, (louder if it was a silvery one). He then concentrated on sticking them all down one by one. It took ages., and then he flicked through each page admiring his work and stating which teams he had no players for.

Sounds as if that little boy of yours is having as much fun collecting these stickers as we did when were kids ;-)

• Sponsored links:

• Options

I bought this for @les_says along with 10 packs of stickers. ( I actually bought it with packs of cards to start with but were told they were another game and were 'wrong' so had to go out to get the right ones )

Well, there was absolute concentration whilst he opened each packet, read out each name/ground/team, (louder if it was a silvery one). He then concentrated on sticking them all down one by one. It took ages., and then he flicked through each page admiring his work and stating which teams he had no players for.

Ha ha - well you have got to do it properly or not bother.

• Options

Sounds as if that little boy of yours is having as much fun collecting these stickers as we did when were kids ;-)

haha.

He also then told me, in great detail, about how the first one he completed was the division one panini book in 1983. The stickers were bigger, better quality and only 10p per pack.

No doubles yet, but I expect the face of disappointment from that soon!
  • Options
    I remember collecting them in the 70s and Charlton being a second division club got one team photo and a half sticker shiny club badge (shared with Birmingham or somebody similar). I wasn’t too bothered with collecting the rest after I had finished Charlton. I also recall getting a semi rare sticker and another kid swapping it for 50 stickers with me. Then I got that sticker again within a week. Also recall a boy who’s dad owned a sweet shop. I think he nicked a whole box because he needed a couple of players. The class room was like a factory opening sticker packs and he didn’t get any of the cards he needed! He looked devastated. I’m pretty sure you could send off for the last few cards you needed too, so it was a total waste! And when your were close to completing the bloody thing, it looked so tatty that your mum threw it away!
  • Options
    Anyone got Reza yet?
  • Options
    I think my son has
  • Options
    Sticker packs are but two get one free from Morrisons at the moment
  • Options
    I have a 95 Panini album of the Football League and the first sticker I got was at the top was Garry Nelson. But I have in that album which I completed Jose Riga's two immediate permanent predecessors in their playing days. Phil Parkinson then of Reading and Chris Powell then of Southend.
  • Options
    I remember collecting them in the eighties. Used to cause actual fist fights in the playground. Once saw some kid get his lights punched out because he wouldn't swap about fifty stickers for one player another kid needed. My overriding memory of them is the conspiracy theories - some stickers were as rare as rocking-horse shit. I needed Billy McNeill (Or Billy McF***ingNeill to give him his full pedigree name) one year for about two months. Had a pile of about 500 doubles, triples, quadruples and God knows what else (I still have nightmares about Mark Poxy McGhee's grinning mug in that Celtic top - I must have had 20 of that f***er). When some kid called Golam Chowdhury got him as a double, he was the luckiest kid in school - he got a pile of stickers from me that you could break a bloody window with in return.

I don't have kids, so can't give myself an excuse to start the madness all over again...
  • Options
    Ridiculous, overpriced pastime for big kids...

just how much is that New World Cup sticker album....