Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Stop the smoking at the Valley.

167891012»

Comments

• Options
    PJW1 said:

PJW1 said:

Why should the Club do this? Smokers just need to go two hours without a cigarette and respect the law.

I am anti spending a penny of precious club money on indulging smokers addiction.

Which is why you should read the whole thread, and see that a perfectly workable solution has been mooted which will not cost the club money, you should also stop ignoring facts because they don't suit you.
    Of course it would cost the club money and is impractical - you would have to have a area for each stand separate, marked and supervised.
    Read the whole thread.
  • Options
    I have read the whole thread, because I disagree with you does not mean I have ignored comments.

I think there may be possibly issues legally re separate areas for a start

It would be logistically difficult and impractical to organise and charge people and god help any non - smokers within thirty yard of any of these areas.

Are you really telling me that anyone selfish enough to smoke in toilets is going to cough up a quid every time they want to spark up?

It sends out all the wrong signals, particularly to young people.

There is no need! Smokers just need to go a couple of hours without a cigarette or buy an e cigarette to deal with the craving.

The whole idea legitimises smoking and makes it sound as if the poor smokers are the victims here when it is the majority non- smokers and children who are the ones adversely affected.

The club just needs to enforce the ban and get tough.

• Options
    You have read the whole thread without taking on board what people are actually saying.

There may be legal issues - there may not, you clearly have no better idea than I do.

Why would it be logistically difficult to charge people to stand in a cordened off area outside the stadium, why would that affect people thirty yards away?

Sparking up in the loos is wrong and illegal, it should be stopped, no argument there. No one defending smokers rights on here has suggested that they would not use a paid for smoking area - again you are making assumptions.

Smoking being a legal activity sends out the wrong signals. While it is legal provision should be made for smokers - it's called compromise.

Some people can't go without for two hours - I could, you might have been able to - I don't live in other people's bodies, neither do you.

The non-smokers are affected partly because there is no alternative, you don't wish to allow them an alternative because you think you have the right to tell other people how to live their life.

I agree that the club should enforce the ban immediately, and look for a compromise as suggested as soon as possible.
  • Options
    I read the thread and do not agree with what is being suggested for the reasons mentioned.
  • Options
    Any reply from CAFC yet PJ ?
    Am genuinely interested in what they have to say.
  • Options
    The smoking in the Male toilets in the north upper has now stopped. Signs have been put up by the entrance and Stewards have been posted within the toilets themselves. This is clearly working and I hope that other people who had cause for concern have noticed as well.