Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Snooker updates

Comments

• Now this is something I have done on Snooker19 many times, but don't think I have ever seen a professional do it, in a tournament before.

• World Grand Prix 
    Semi Final
    Result

Judd Trump 6-1 Ronnie O'Sullivan 
  • World Grand Prix 
    Semi Final 
    Result

Jack Lisowski 6-4 Mark Selby 
  • World Grand Prix 
    Final

Judd Trump v Jack Lisowski 
  • JUDD TRUMP IS WORLD GRAND PRIX CHAMPION
  • World Grand Prix 
    Final

Judd Trump 10-7 Jack Lisowski 

A good comeback this evening from Lisowski, who came into tonight 6-2 behind, pulled it back to 8-7, Trump then made it 9-7 and Lisowski could have made it 9-8 but Trump won the frame and match
  • Championship League Snooker returns tomorrow in its original format.

Probably wont do any updates, as I dont usually for this event as games are so short(best of 5) and it s hard to keep up to date with 1 league table over the course of 2 match tables in shortt matches, but will see how it goes
  • 147 STUART BINGHAM 

Stuart Bingham gets the 165th 147 of Snooker History and his 8th, his last one coming just over a month ago in the UK Championship 

• Next week's Masters snooker has been moved from Alexandra Palace to Milton Keynes to follow Covid-19 regulations.

The tournament, which begins on Sunday, has been staged at the London venue since 2011.

It will now be held in a 'bubble' environment, behind closed doors, at Arena MK in Milton Keynes.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/snooker/55527534

• clive said:

Next week's Masters snooker has been moved from Alexandra Palace to Milton Keynes to follow Covid-19 regulations.

The tournament, which begins on Sunday, has been staged at the London venue since 2011.

It will now be held in a 'bubble' environment, behind closed doors, at Arena MK in Milton Keynes.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/snooker/55527534

Was waiting to post that to see if the tournament even goes ahead, wouldn't be surprised if its called off with the lockdown now
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2021
    TBH when I first saw it this morning on WST website I was confused, darts was at Ally Pally last week so why cant snooker be there next week
  • edited January 2021
  • Tad harsh but the ref did say afterwards that he asked him to declare what ball he was going for and there was a couple of others pretty close in line of the yellow. 

Plus lilley was being a complete knob about it. 
  • 147 STUART BINGHAM 

Stuart Bingham gets the 165th 147 of Snooker History and his 8th, his last one coming just over a month ago in the UK Championship 

I am such an idiot, i missed it... but i was following the game for a bet (lost due to Holt losing to Wilson in the end). I was watching the frame he got 147, obviously wasn't paying attention as had Holt on TV, so turned off on my phone when he was early on then saw he got a 147. I cant believe i even done it, what an idiot. 

Lilley incident, i saw. If the ref asks you to nominate, just nominate. Regardless if it was obvious which looked it to me, but if the ref has asked you thats the rules. End of discussion, he was a bit of a dick about it after too. I saw Alfie Burden saying how he would have said its not a foul, but its not down to the other player and the refs call is final. 
  • Bad call by the ref to ask him to nominate as it was clearly yellow he was playing but if the ref asks you to nominate then you have to nominate. 
  • Talk about angry snooker

Tony Drago at the end ouch 
  • edited January 2021
    Group one Zhou Yuelong won, beating John Higgins in the final 3-2. Champions league so Yuelong qualifies to the champions group which will conclude all the groups. 

Semi finals HIggins 3-1 Dott, Yuelong 3-0 Bingham, Higgins had won the group with his only loss against Yuelong, Yuelong 2nd, Bingham 3rd, Dott 4th. Nearly half the games finished 3-2.

Losers who do not progress and are out Theppy Un Nooh + Michael Holt, the former went out on H2H to Wilson

Group 2, includes Bingham, Higgins,Dott + Gary Wilson from yesterday, joining them today:
    Donaldson, Kyren Wilson, Matthew Selt

Everyone plays everyone, 1 point for the win, if tied H2H, high break price for each group £1k, Bingham won that with a 147.

I know we dont normally follow it, but as its on freesports i thought i would give a brief write up, on again from 1230 today. 
  • I was watching parts of it, but as I say never been a big fan of this event, especially now its back to its original format, it wasnt so bad over the summer when u had 1 group table on 1 match table over 1 day.

But 1 group table over 2 match tables over 2 days 
  • I was watching parts of it, but as I say never been a big fan of this event, especially now its back to its original format, it wasnt so bad over the summer when u had 1 group table on 1 match table over 1 day.

But 1 group table over 2 match tables over 2 days 
    I enjoyed it, gave me something to follow. I normally dont really follow or results but as on TV gave me something to watch. yesterdays games around half of them ended up in deciders and a couple that came back from 2 down, grateful as i won a bet because of it lol 
  • What is going on this week, players have gone crazy it seems, how this was only a foul and not a concession I will never know, wouldn't be surprised to see other players try it now, miss an easy red and leave one on and play the white safe and take the 4 point foul, if its not classed as a concession, rules need to be immediately changed as that was 100% Wilson conceding the frame.

• Sponsored links:

• edited January 2021
    Graeme Dott wins Group 2, beating Scott Donaldson in the final 3-1

Dott beat Higgins 3-2, higgins won group stages with 5 wins and a loss. 
    Donaldson beat Matthew Selt 3-1 both had respectable 4-2 records

Kyren Wilson keeps his place with the other semi final losers
    Group 3 today and tomorrow, Selby will enter the fray, joining him will Xintong and Tom Ford.

Gary Wilson who was 6th we lost, caused a stir with a deliberate foul which is sure to get punished even though he then left an easy red for Higgins. All a bit bizarre, but it goes against the game so expect at least a fine.

Bingham had a day to forget so he is also eliminated

oh i made a mistake in yesterdays post, H2H is the tie breaker... its Frame difference and then H2H, for example yesterday Gary Wilson beat Kyren Wilson 3-2, however due to frame difference still finished below. 

G Wilson got the high break 143 
  • JUDD TRUMP AND JACK LISOWSKI TEST POSITIVE FOR COVID19

Trump and Lisowski have tested positive and withdrawn from The Masters

Trump has been replaced by Joe Perry
    Lisowski has been replaced by Gary Wilson
  • Updated Masters Draw

Stuart Bingham v Thepchaiya Un-Nooh 
    Shaun Murphy v Mark Williams 

Mark Selby v Stephen Maguire 
    Neil Robertson v Yan Bingtao 

Joe Perry v Dave Gilbert
    Kyren Wilson v Gary Wilson 

John Higgins v Mark Allen
    Ronnie O'Sullivan v Ding Junhui 
  • edited January 2021
    And noe the day before the tournament starts Selbys tip falls off, could be costly for him as there isnt gonna be enough time to replace it and get it bedded in, you dont want to be going into a major with a brand new tip, 3 days until his match against Maguire, hopefully he can spend most of that on the practice table 

• What is going on this week, players have gone crazy it seems, how this was only a foul and not a concession I will never know, wouldn't be surprised to see other players try it now, miss an easy red and leave one on and play the white safe and take the 4 point foul, if its not classed as a concession, rules need to be immediately changed as that was 100% Wilson conceding the frame.

The ref did ask if he was conceding and he said no. Next shot he deliberately left Higgins an easy red.
  • JUDD TRUMP AND JACK LISOWSKI TEST POSITIVE FOR COVID19

Trump and Lisowski have tested positive and withdrawn from The Masters

Trump has been replaced by Joe Perry
    Lisowski has been replaced by Gary Wilson
    Trump went on holiday to Dubai with a group of mates. Seems a pretty stupid thing to do.
  • The Masters 
    Round 1
    Result

Kyren Wilson 6-2 Gary Wilson 
  • The Masters 
    Round 1
    Result

Dave Gilbert 6-2 Joe Perry
  • Todays tv schedule has been altered, revised schedule below.

Monday, 11 January

13:00 - Stuart Bingham (Eng) v Thepchaiya Un-Nooh (Tha)

19:00 - Shaun Murphy (Eng) v Mark Williams (Wal)

Coverage

Live - Uninterrupted - 13:00-18:00 BBC iPlayer, BBC Sport website & app

Live - 15:00-17:15 - BBC Two

Live - 19:00-21:00 - BBC Four & 19:00-23:00 - Red Button

Highlights - 23:30-00:20 - BBC Two (BBC Two NI - 00:00-00:50)

Masters Snooker Extra - 00:20-02:20 - BBC Two (BBC Two NI - 00:50-02:20)

• Should just have cancelled it this year or moved it to later in the year.

How competition has been devalued, one of the most prestigious tournaments of the year and this year its sort of like who cares.

Firstly no crowds which ok you can deal with
    Then they moved venue

Now BBC are not even showing the first couple of hours of a match, thank god Eurosport also have coverage this year lol