Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Snooker updates

Comments

• Meant to have tickets for today - gutted
  • Bingham goes 5-1 up just as BBC coverage starts.

BBC may actually get a whole frame 🤣🤣
  • The Masters
    Round 1
    Result

Stuart Bingham 6-4 Thepchaiya Un-Nooh 
  • Trump is c•••. Should never have gone to dubai or wherever he went. 
  • The Masters 
    Round 1
    Result

Shaun Murphy 6-4 Mark Williams 
  • Meant to have tickets for today - gutted
    I had tickets for the same day mate, gutting isn't it. 

I dont really agree Paulie the competition has been devalued, it would have been better at a different venue for sure but its just how snooker has been of late. Trump and lisowski not being in it probably does a bit. stupid boys! 

Will be interesting to see how Selby does with a new tip on, which DD kept informing us off during half of the first match yesterday, he has been in good form but with a new tip kind of needs to find it again. 

Tough one to call, but i do like the masters. More so the fact its not short races to 3/4. 
  • Tuesday, 12 January

13:00 - Neil Robertson (Aus) v Yan Bingtao (Chn)

19:00 - Mark Selby (Eng) v Stephen Maguire (Sco)

Once again the BBC schedule has been altered due to schools programmes.

Coverage

Live - Uninterrupted - 13:00-18:00 BBC iPlayer, BBC Sport website & app

Live - 15:00-17:15 - BBC Two

Live - 19:00-21:00 - BBC Four & 19:00-23:00 - Red Button

Highlights - 23:30-00:20 - BBC Two (BBC Two NI - 00:30-01:20)

Masters Snooker Extra - 00:20-02:20 - BBC Two (BBC Two NI - 01:20-02:20)

Eurosport- continuous live coverage from 12.45 & 18.45

• It used to bother me BBC only give part coverage, for that reason mostly i default to Eurosport. Even on the redbuttong just sometimes its not as easy/ accessible. 
  • It used to bother me BBC only give part coverage, for that reason mostly i default to Eurosport. Even on the redbuttong just sometimes its not as easy/ accessible. 
    I prefer the BBC commentary team & presenters, the red button coverage yesterday afternoon was poor, there was no sound for nearly all the period before coverage started on BBC Two, it is unfortunate but necessary that schools programmes have been given priority in these difficult times.
  • clive said:
    It used to bother me BBC only give part coverage, for that reason mostly i default to Eurosport. Even on the redbuttong just sometimes its not as easy/ accessible. 
    I prefer the BBC commentary team & presenters, the red button coverage yesterday afternoon was poor, there was no sound for nearly all the period before coverage started on BBC Two, it is unfortunate but necessary that schools programmes have been given priority in these difficult times.
    I used to prefer BBC as no ads and better commentary team/presenters. Now they dont seem as bothered as Eurosport so i do lean to them as default, barely check if its on BBC now. ITV coverage is decent when they get it. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Another shout for eurosport  - much prefer their commentators
  • Same here. Eurosport all the way. 
  • The final frame should be interesting.
  • The Masters
    Round 1
    Result

Yan Bingtao 6-5 Neil Robertson 
  • The Masters
    Round 1
    Result

Stephen Maguire 6-3 Mark Selby 
  • Ronnie will be happy

Trump pulled out

Robertson and Selby both out in round 1

• Wednesday, 13 January

13:00 - Ronnie O'Sullivan (Eng) v Ding Junhui (Chn)

19:00 - John Higgins (Sco) v Mark Allen (NI)

Coverage

Live - Uninterrupted - 13:00-18:00 BBC iPlayer, BBC Sport website & app

Live - 15:00-17:15 - BBC Two

Live - 17:15-18:00 & 19:00-21:00 - Red Button

Live - 19:00-23:00 - BBC Four

Highlights - 23:30-00:20 - BBC Two

Masters Snooker Extra - 00:20-02:20 - BBC Two

Eurosport- 12.45 & 18.45

• Ronnie will be happy

Trump pulled out

I doubt he cares anymore than anyone, he might think Trump isn't there more chance. But the others it should be like any other person... I did predict Selby might fall to Maguire due to the tip issue, shame as he was playing so well coming into it getting back to form. 
  • Ronnie will be happy

Trump pulled out

I doubt he cares anymore than anyone, he might think Trump isn't there more chance. But the others it should be like any other person... I did predict Selby might fall to Maguire due to the tip issue, shame as he was playing so well coming into it getting back to form. 
    You don't think he cares that the current UK Champion and the last person to beat him in a final are out.

Thats like saying Man City are happy Liverpool are out of the FA Cup but dont care that Man Utd and Chelsea are out.

Before the tournament the 4 favourites were

Trump
    O'Sullivan 
    Robertson 
    Selby

3 of those are now not in the tournament, so it opens it up for him now, he went into this tournament thinking it was probably gonna be Judd in the semis then Robertson or Selby in the final, now it will be Gilbert/Wilson in the semi if he gets there and the top half has massively opened up
  • Ronnie will be happy

Trump pulled out

You don't think he cares that the current UK Champion and the last person to beat him in a final are out.

Thats like saying Man City are happy Liverpool are out of the FA Cup but dont care that Man Utd and Chelsea are out.

Before the tournament the 4 favourites were

Trump
    O'Sullivan 
    Robertson 
    Selby

3 of those are now not in the tournament, so it opens it up for him now, he went into this tournament thinking it was probably gonna be Judd in the semis then Robertson or Selby in the final, now it will be Gilbert/Wilson in the semi if he gets there and the top half has massively opened up
    Its a fair point, but i dont think he is too bothered. At least no more than the rest of the field, who knows, maybe well see after in an interview if he can get over the line here? A good game at the moment Ding playing well and Ronnie is after 3-0nil down, tough to call. 

On paper i think you would 100% be correct, most players would be happy but you never know, all on the day and plenty of good players in this field. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Who wants a decider? Looked like Ding had won at 5-3 . very iffy frame, now another one where neither are winning in one visit. Gone completely against the grain which has been a fantastic match so far. Come on Ronald! 

• Decider time, i did not see this coming. Ronnie has played well but looked like it was done and dusted. Who has the bigger balls, or the first chance... 
  • edited January 2021
    Decider time, i did not see this coming. Ronnie has played well but looked like it was done and dusted. Who has the bigger balls, or the first chance... 
    I saw it coming as soon as it went 5-3 I said 6-5 Ronnie.

Ding threw it away in frame 9
  • The Masters
    Round 1
    Result

Ronnie O'Sullivan 6-5 Ding Junhui 
  • Right i am not going to lie, i had wrote a big post how well Ding played and beat Ronnie who to me looked in good form. Granted the last few frames were nitty gritty but just the way he was potting the long ones and winning in one visit (both were up until frame 9).

What a great win, lovely to see Ding play well but he did ultimately throw that away 5-3 up missed a sitter, thats going to hurt. A big shame as i do like Ding and hope one time he can get over the line in the big one. obviously not at Ronnies expense. 

What a great match allround, well in Ronnie but well done both. 
  • Decider time, i did not see this coming. Ronnie has played well but looked like it was done and dusted. Who has the bigger balls, or the first chance... 
    I saw it coming as soon as it went 5-3 I said 6-5 Ronnie.

Ding threw it away in frame 9
    Agreed, until then it looked a great performance and he would have beat a ronnie in semi top form no excuses just Ding would have taken the chances/ got more, not often you can say that in defeat for Ronnie. 
  • Shame for Ding as i like him. But happy as i’m a big Ronnie fan! 
    Only saw a couple frames but looked like Ding let him off the hook a little?
  • Shame for Ding as i like him. But happy as i’m a big Ronnie fan! 
    Only saw a couple frames but looked like Ding let him off the hook a little?
    Completely agree with all of that, yes he did, up until 5-3, it was pretty much faultless. The last few frames he missed a few chances and Ronnie punished. A shame for Ding, even being a Ronnie fan, hope he uses it to push on and learn from it. 
  • edited January 2021
    For anyone curios about the worst comeback in the history of any sport.

Stephen Hendry has still not actually potted a ball since his comeback 🤣🤣 although technically he has missed either so it could be the best comeback.

1 week today Stephen Hendry will be playing his first matches in the new Pro Series event.

He is in Group G which is on January 20th.

In his group are
    Gary Wilson 
    Lu Ning 
    Martin O'Donnell 
    Liam Highfield 
    Jamie O'Neil 
    Zhao Jianbo 
    Rory McLeod 

So an interesting mix of players there and will be a test of how he is playing
  • Talking of the Pro Series Event

Peter and Oliver Lines have been drawn in the same group as each other so the day will finally come that the father and son will meet in an event