Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Snooker updates

Comments

• Options
    Ronnie with one and half feet in the final. leads 15-9 after the second session. 
  • Options
    yes boyo! 

Williams does the come back. 14 all. 
  • Options
    What a match this is! The 31st frame is a right belter!
  • Options
    Trump v Williams is bloody tense, final frame decider coming up.
  • Options
    This has been an outstanding game of snooker
  • Options
    Trump wins, well done Judd!

Those doubles on successive reds were superb.

Needs to raise his game though if he's going to get anywhere near Ronnie in the final.
  • Options
    Dennis Taylor really is an annoying twerp. Whinging about O’Sullivan standing his ground on where the white is replaced. “If I was Ronnie I’d just roll it into the pack and avoid all this nonsense”
    Yeah, well you’re not Ronnie are you? That’s why he’s got six world titles and you’ve got one which you’ve used as your meal ticket ever since.

Never liked him, I find him unfunny, patronising and judgemental when he’s got no right to be, having been a relative journeyman his whole career aside from one moment in the sun.
    Ken Doherty and Stephen Hendry have turned out to be far superior commentators and need to replace Taylor (and Virgo) asap.
  • Options
    I have to watch yon Eurosport. The BBC commentators are awful 
  • Options
    That was some frame in the end!
  • Options
    Referee didn’t handle that very well at the end. Not fair on Trump to start bollocking O'Sullivan just before Trump was about to play an important shot.

Combined with the earlier incident, this ref seems to be a bit of a dick. Like he’s spoiling for a fight or something. Nobody’s here to watch you mate, just keep out of the way, clean the balls, put them in the right place and shut the fuck up.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Referee didn’t handle that very well at the end. Not fair on Trump to start bollocking O'Sullivan just before Trump was about to play an important shot.

Combined with the earlier incident, this ref seems to be a bit of a dick. Like he’s spoiling for a fight or something. Nobody’s here to watch you mate, just keep out of the way, clean the balls, put them in the right place and shut the fuck up.
    This - it was the last frame in the session, and then they would be off - if Referee wanted words, he should have left it for backstage - Judd showed great composure to finish off the frame - even Judd was pissed off with the Referee for doing that 

As an aside, Ronnie clearly told the Referee to back off and leave him alone - Referee scuttled off, tail between his legs 🤣
  • Options
    What was the kerfuffle at the end all about anyway? It seemed Ronnie might have said something to himself? Someone in the crowd? 
  • Options
    What was the kerfuffle at the end all about anyway? It seemed Ronnie might have said something to himself? Someone in the crowd? 
    Not sure, but I think he just swore. Didn’t really see any reason for the ref to get involved right then.
  • Options
    O’Sullivan clearly agrees with me re: the ref’s attitude here:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/snooker/61287990
  • Options
    O’Sullivan clearly agrees with me re: the ref’s attitude here:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/snooker/61287990
    Belgium, that bastion of snooker excellence, with a conveyor belt of world champions stretching back decades etc etc etc

There must be a list of British referees as long as your arm who would rank higher than this clown
  • Options
    Not a fan of some of Ronnie's antics, but the ref was in the wrong here.

As Judd Trump said, if there was something to be said, say it at the end of the frame.

Judd did well to maintain his focus there
  • Options
    Ronnie was out to get one over on the ref from the off. Must be history.
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Ronnie was out to get one over on the ref from the off. Must be history.
    The incident in the 3rd frame was interesting. ROS kept saying to the ref to have a good look in case he missed it and I must admit, I found the ref’s response unnecessarily snotty.
    It did seem like a situation where ROS had maybe suffered in the past? Maybe with the same ref? And as it turned out, he was right to highlight it.
    I do think ROS can be a nobhead at times, but if he and the ref have beef and neither of them can rein it in, then the ref is more at fault. He’s got no excuse to be emotional about it, you can kind of understand it for a player.
  • Options
    Trump all over the place at the moment. If he doesn't improve he will be long way behind tonight.
  • Options
    philcafc said:
    Trump all over the place at the moment. If he doesn't improve he will be long way behind tonight.
    It's a shame after getting back to 5-4 but he's fallen to pieces.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    gotta feel for those with evening tickets for tomorrow
  • Options
    Has the final ever not made the final session??
  • Options
    Has the final ever not made the final session??
    I think Davis beat parrot 18-3 one year
  • Options
    last time ROS won the final session was only 11 minutes long
  • Options
    What happens if the final session is not needed?  Are tickets simply refunded or do they put on some sort of exhibition?  There must be some sort of disclaimer at the point of purchase as it must be obvious to purchasers that they are taking a chance. 
  • Options
    Never quite sure the extent to which Ronnie is a complex character with real issues or whether the cheeky chappy/tosser stuff is on tap.  Probably an element of both. He’s very difficult to like as the novelty wears off after a while and he just comes across as an arse. But he is by a country mile the most interesting player and the most talented by a considerable stretch. He deserves to be up there with Davis and Hendry in terms of the number of titles won and he may even get past them. It’s actually quite incredible that he hasn’t won more over the last few years given his brilliance but that fact may in itself go some way towards answering my first question. This will be done with a session to spare. It would have been a better final if Williams had made it as trump has somehow staggered through the tournament looking close to meltdown on several occasions. 
  • Options
    Roneee has totally psyched out Trump .. the antics with the referee didn't help .. he gets away with a lot because he is a crowd pleaser and, of course is such a huge talent .. he could well go on for another 10 years
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    I am still a bit unclear ‘exactly’ what prompted the dust up with the referee.
    Some are saying it was Ronnie swearing some saying it was a gesture…..if so, who did he swear at or make a gesture to and what the swear word/words were or the gesture was? 
    Not heard a definitive answer thus far?
  • Options
    Glad I don't post on here anymore after reading some comments on here today.

Firstly the ref was fully in the right to speak to Ronnie if he heard or saw a gesture, he did not need to wait until after the frame, Ronnie shouldn't be making gestures and the ref is entitled by the laws of the game to immediately speak to him.

Secondly Ronnie's interview immediately after on Eurosport was absolutely disgraceful, to say a referee was looking for a argument, knowing he can say what he wants and the referee has no right of reply, Olivier Mertel is one of the best referees in the game and there is absolutely zero chance he would make anything up trying to look for an argument, why would a referee do that.

To me it seems weird these incidents have happened the same final where Ronnie has been mic'ed up all tournament for his Netflix documentary 🤔 these things don't usually happen then suddenly 2/3 incidents in the sane match with the same player who is releasing a documentary.

Yeah cos Ronnie isn't doing all this to make his documentary look better is he🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️
  • Options
    Glad I don't post on here anymore after reading some comments on here today.

Firstly the ref was fully in the right to speak to Ronnie if he heard or saw a gesture, he did not need to wait until after the frame, Ronnie shouldn't be making gestures and the ref is entitled by the laws of the game to immediately speak to him.

Secondly Ronnie's interview immediately after on Eurosport was absolutely disgraceful, to say a referee was looking for a argument, knowing he can say what he wants and the referee has no right of reply, Olivier Mertel is one of the best referees in the game and there is absolutely zero chance he would make anything up trying to look for an argument, why would a referee do that.

To me it seems weird these incidents have happened the same final where Ronnie has been mic'ed up all tournament for his Netflix documentary 🤔 these things don't usually happen then suddenly 2/3 incidents in the sane match with the same player who is releasing a documentary.

Yeah cos Ronnie isn't doing all this to make his documentary look better is he🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️
    Your dislike of O’Sullivan is well known and, to be fair, maybe justified. But it’s not about who the player is, it’s about the way the ref dealt with it, which was a bit thoughtless.
    The referee may well have had the right to warn him at the time, but it’s at his discretion and by doing that he potentially disadvantaged Trump. That’s just playing into O’Sullivan’s hands and rewarding his alleged bad behaviour. The ref could have used a bit of common sense. Even if it wasn’t nearly the mid session interval he could’ve spoken to him at the end of the frame. A ref only needs to step in like that if the game can’t continue without it being addressed.