Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Snooker updates

Comments

• Options
    Just wondering… was it ever confirmed one way or the other whether Ronnie O’Sullivan actually made a rude gesture in the world final?
    He was officially fined yesterday after it went through appeals which he lost it was proven he did make a rude gesture(although the charge was for 2 one dating back to the UK Championship in 2021)

Fined 2k for making gestures and 2k for costs

Money won't bother him but I'm sure ref is happy he was proved right in the end
    Blimey - six months for my post to be resurrected - took a while for that to be dealt with!
    Thanks for answering Paulie. 👍🏼

• Options
    Just wondering… was it ever confirmed one way or the other whether Ronnie O’Sullivan actually made a rude gesture in the world final?
    He was officially fined yesterday after it went through appeals which he lost it was proven he did make a rude gesture(although the charge was for 2 one dating back to the UK Championship in 2021)

Fined 2k for making gestures and 2k for costs

Money won't bother him but I'm sure ref is happy he was proved right in the end
    Blimey - six months for my post to be resurrected - took a while for that to be dealt with!
    Thanks for answering Paulie. 👍🏼

Haha only saw today, that the outcome of the appeal was yesterday went to post and thought I would look back to see if there was a good post to tag it onto and saw your question, thought it was ideal 🤣
  • Options
    So Champions of Champions started yesterday... on ITV4 all week, yesterday Selby beat Lee Walker 4-0. Higgins beat Hossain Vafei 4-2, they meet in the evening 6-4 to Selby so goes through to the Semis.
    Today, we have Robbo v Fan, Wilson v Day
    Tomorrow, Trump v Brecel, Allen v Perry
    Thursday Ronnie v Milkins, Xintong v Mink (Ladies champion)

Snooker 900 - Last night Holt lost in the final but him and Martin O Donnell through to Wednesday finals, Ross Muir second chance this eve as lost to Holt in the first round last night. 

From my previous post its £10k for the overall winner just FYI/update
  • Options
    Snooker 900: 
    This weeks stacked field came to a finish, with Martin O'Donnell getting through to the finals, beating Ross Muir in the final. 
    One week left before its finals night, Tony Drago features, Michael Georgiou, Harvey Chandler, Luke Simmonds. Monday 10pm sportystuff (can watch online) or on the TV channel sky 437

COC update
    Trump beat Luca Brecel 4-2 (shocking match, with neither players at the races)
    Mark Allen beat Joe Perry 4-2
    Trump beat Allen 6-1, bit surprised with the current form

Today is Ronnie day! 1pm on ITV Ronnie v Milkins, Mink v Xintong follows, the winners play tonight 7pm.
  • Options
    COC update:
    Ronnie beat Milkins 4-2, decent game and Milkins played well with a century and 80+ , Ronnie looked good hit a century but long potting not quite there, match was about 70 mins so didn't last too long.

Xintong beat Mink 4-2, the ladies world champion put up a good showing and Xintong was misfiring and not looking quite sharp and knicked the last, Xintong will no doubt be more up for it so it should be a decent match.

Ronnie O'Sullivan v Zhao Xintong on ITV4 at 7pm
  • Options
    Just watched the O'Sullivan VS Zhao and I had to come on here and say Ronnie is a fecking genius! 
  • Options
    Saga Lout said:
    Just watched the O'Sullivan VS Zhao and I had to come on here and say Ronnie is a fecking genius! 
    I actually missed it, half forgot and had the Arsenal game when i realised. 

Ronnie O'Sullivan beat Zhao Xintong 6-1, 2 centuries, assumed by the scoring and your words it was vintage Ronnie.

Semi Final 1 tonight 7pm:
    Judd Trump v Mark Selby best of 11
    tomorrow 7pm:
    Ronnie v Fan Zhengyi (who beat Ronnie in a ranking final 10-9 to get into it) 
    Final Sunday 1pm/7pm, best of 19 

UK Championship qualifiers start tomorrow
  • Options
    Saga Lout said:
    I actually missed it, half forgot and had the Arsenal game when i realised. 

Ronnie O'Sullivan beat Zhao Xintong 6-1, 2 centuries, assumed by the scoring and your words it was vintage Ronnie.

Semi Final 1 tonight 7pm:
    Judd Trump v Mark Selby best of 11
    tomorrow 7pm:
    Ronnie v Fan Zhengyi (who beat Ronnie in a ranking final 10-9 to get into it) 
    Final Sunday 1pm/7pm, best of 19 

UK Championship qualifiers start tomorrow
    Ronnie wins 10-6 in final against Judd Trump, 6-1 down Trump made a 147, brought back to 6-3, in the afternoon session he came back within 2 but Ronnie took the last two, very high quality from both.
  • Options
    UK Championship qualifiers since Saturday, main event starts this Saturday, top 16 have qualified, everyone else has to qualify.

BIG NEWS, Jimmy White has won 3 rounds, first 2 6-0, then last night beat Stephen Maguire 6-4, will face Dominic Dale in the final qualifying round. I am not a Jimmy fan by all accounts but he's played very well and punished yesterday so hope he can make it, tomorrow afternoon he plays. 

900 - Last nights winner Ben Hancorn defeated Tony Drago in the final, 8 through to Wednesday, tonight 8 will try to qualify for Wednesdays mini final. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Jimmy White has qualified for the UK Snooker Championship televised stage at the age of 60.

The six-time World Championship runner-up beat Dominic Dale 6-1 to seal his place in the last 32 in York - 30 years after he won the title.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/snooker/63571759

• Options
    clive said:

Jimmy White has qualified for the UK Snooker Championship televised stage at the age of 60.

The six-time World Championship runner-up beat Dominic Dale 6-1 to seal his place in the last 32 in York - 30 years after he won the title.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/snooker/63571759

Cheers Clive , i forgot to update yesterday. 2nd part of judgement day is on youtube today, 1pm for the first 4 matches and tonight will be the last 4. I watched Jimmy last night and it wasn't as well as he played against Maguire , mostly due to Dale playing bad. No breaks over 50 for Jimmy, but still 6-1, great to see him make the UK Championshi[p at 60 years old, what an achievement, i would have said he might have been 50/1 to qualify , although i didn't check the odds. 
  • Options
    UK championship draw, still 4 to qualify this evening:
    Xintong v Sam Craigie / Ian Burns
    Ryan Day v Jimmy White
    Mark Allen v Jordan Brown
    Kyren Wilson v Matt Selt/Anthony Hamilton
    Selby v Vafaei
    Lisowski v Xu Si
    Murphy v Gilbert
    Trump v Guodong/ Petrov

Neil Robertson v Perry
    Stuart Bingham v Ali Carter/Highfield
    Brecel v Haotian
    Higgins v Ford
    Williams v Jamie Clarke
    Hawkins v Ding
    Yan Bingtao v Yuelong
    Ronnie O Sullivan v Matthew Stevens

Xintong the defending champ, a bit of everything there in the draw a couple of best mates playing, also players from the same country. I like the slight rejig as they have played down to the last 32 then qualifier 16 v top 16 similar to Worlds. Although i still wish it was a longer format like it used to be. 
  • Options

Full draw

Zhao Xintong v Sam Craigie

Mark Allen v Jordan Brown

Kyren Wilson v Matthew Selt

Ryan Day v Jimmy White

Neil Robertson v Joe Perry

Luca Brecel v Lyu Haotian

John Higgins v Tom Ford

Barry Hawkins v Ding Junhui

Ronnie O'Sullivan v Matthew Stevens

Yan Bingtao v Zhou Yuelong

Mark Williams v Jamie Clarke

Stuart Bingham v Liam Highfield

Judd Trump v Xiao Guodong

Jack Lisowski v Xu Si

Mark Selby v Hossein Vafaei

Shaun Murphy v David Gilbert

2022 Cazoo UK Championship
    Venue: York Barbican Dates: 12-20 November Coverage: BBC One, BBC Two, BBC iPlayer, BBC Red Button, BBC Sport website and app
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/snooker/63592301

• Options
    Shit show from Mark Williams this evening.
  • Options
    Saga Lout said:
    When he's on form, to my mind, Ronnie is the best snooker player there has ever been. He has got every aspect of his game under control and it all looks so effortless! I have followed snooker on and off for about 50 years and played it terribly during that time as well, so I think I have an inkling of his genius. And I wouldn't say I'm particularly a fan of his!
    It's hard to compare Ronnie against Joe Davis.  Davis could play left and right handed the same as Ronnie and he dominated the game for around thirty years.  Put him in the same environment as Ronnie in terms of tournaments and opposition and there's no telling how he would have done.
  • Options
    UK round up:
    Craigie beat out of sorts defending champ Xintong 6-2
    Mark Allen beat fellow countryman Jordan Brown 6-4
    Ryan Day sent Jimmy packing 6-2
    Kyren Wilson beat Matthew Selt 6-3
    Joe Perry beat Robbo 6-2 (Robbo ill)
    Brecel beat Haotian 6-4
    Ford beat Higgins 6-4 (another seed out of sorts falls)
    Ding beat Hawkins 6-3 (Hawkins the seed)
    Ronnie beat Matthew Stevens 6-2 (easy but looked good in bits)
    Yuelong beat Bingtao 6-5 in a decider, great match.
    Bingham beat Highfield 6-2
    Jamie Clarke beat MJW 6-3 (Mark having stomach problems throughout) 

So plenty of shocks on paper, todays matches: 
    Lisowski v Xu Si (1pm) - Could be a cracker, possible another upset
    Trump v Guodong (1pm) - Guodong has been playing well in qualifying and hitting big breaks so Judd needs to be on it. 

Selby v Vaffai (7pm)
    Murphy v Gilbert (7pm) 

Matches on Eurosport, BBC, or selected betting sites. 

• Options
    Yesterdays results:
    Lisowski wins 6-1 against Xu Si (scoreline flattered, Xu had chances in every frame and broke down and got punished, Jack played well) 
    Trump beat Guodong 6-5, decent match and a bit of a scare for Trump.
    Vafaei beats Selby 6-4, this was a great match, both scoring well and some good saftey, great win for Vafaei (if he gets to the semis he makes the top 16/Masters. 
    Murphy beat Gilbert 6-5, I only really saw the decider so not much to report. 

Todays action:
    Ronnie v Yuelong (could be a cracker if Yuelong keeps up the form in the first round) 1pm start
    Brecel v Tom Ford 1pm start, likely to be quite attacking so could be some big breaks.

Craigie v Day 7pm, again another attacking one, both good long potters
    Allen v Wilson 7pm, arguably the tie of the round. Allen is on great form of late but Wilson will make it a battle if he needs too. 

• Options
    Vafaei is my second favourite player after Robertson

Had never heard of him before first lockdown when got to watch a lot of eurosport whilst working from home.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Vafaei is my second favourite player after Robertson

Had never heard of him before first lockdown when got to watch a lot of eurosport whilst working from home.
    He is very likeable, there was a bit after where he was thanking Eurosport for their support etc. Just comes across really well, also had problems with his visas so affecting his ranking briefly as had to miss out, so makes you root for him harder. 

Last night he went toe to toe with Selby in the saftey department, which not many can. Also scored well, such a high quality affair, granted he got lucky in a few spots so was harsh anyone who lost that match but i am pleased he won it. Selby played well, also changed his tactics to more attacking because of how Hossein Vafaei was playing, probably the best match i've seen in the first round. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Masters Qualification:

7 players who have made the 2nd round can still qualify for the masters: 
    Hossein Vafaei - Makes Semis
    Yuelong - Final
    Ford, Perry, Ding, Craigie & Clarke - Title required

might add a bit of extra interest as the tournament progresses. 

Currently Day is 15th, Yan Bingtao 16th. So they are the immediate players at risk. 
  • Options
    too easy for Ronnie. Seemed Zhou was star struck at times. 

More of a match between Brecel and Ford. 3 all. 
  • Options
    too easy for Ronnie. Seemed Zhou was star struck at times. 

More of a match between Brecel and Ford. 3 all. 
    Agree, i think its either in awe/ rabbit in headlights or genuinely possible something dodgy? Even from the outset felt like he was missing deliberate , i know we get days like that but also the 5th frame he got just enough to get pegged back. Maybe i am overthinking it, but it did feel a bit odd other than as you say he starstruck. 
  • Options
    Yesterdays round up - UK Championship
    ROS beat Yuelong 6-0 (as noted yesterday Yuelong was shocking, although Ronnie looked good it was a gifted to him. 
    Tom Ford beat Luca Brecel 6-3

Allen beat Kyren Wilson 6-3
    Sam Craigie beat Ryan Day 6-4 (3 centuries from Craigie)

Todays matches:
    Judd Trump v Shaun Murphy (1pm)
    Ding v Clarke (1pm)
    Vafaei v Lisowski (7pm)
    Bingham v Perry (7pm)
  • Options
    Ford and Allen steeped up a gear and Brecel and Wilson just couldn't do likewise. 

wont be able to see the afternoon games but hope to catch a bit of Vafaei V Lisowski later on. Certainly the game i'm most interested in seeing today. 
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    Ford and Allen steeped up a gear and Brecel and Wilson just couldn't do likewise. 

wont be able to see the afternoon games but hope to catch a bit of Vafaei V Lisowski later on. Certainly the game i'm most interested in seeing today. 
    I was in and out of the games yesterday, extremely busy day and pool in the eve so missed the evening. 

Today's will see what i can but then snooker tonight (help haven't played serious in 5-6 years and when i've had the odd frame i am nowhere near up to standard anymore, can just about hit 16-20 and thats being optimistic.

Helping someone out in the league but also have been thinking about getting back into it so maybe that will give me the purpose to play instead of too much pool. 
  • Options

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URR9s5ZMe1A

Kyren Wilson pots an incredible black into the middle pocket.

• Options
    clive said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URR9s5ZMe1A

Kyren Wilson pots an incredible black into the middle pocket.

Love it! pleasing on the eye lol 
  • Options
    Didn't see the Craigie game but with 3 centuries could he have an outside chance of reaching the final?
    I believe he has previously won against Ryan Day but I presume not in such a high profile tournament. 
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    Didn't see the Craigie game but with 3 centuries could he have an outside chance of reaching the final?
    I believe he has previously won against Ryan Day but I presume not in such a high profile tournament. 
    I missed it too, but looking at the scoring will be some match for Allen in the next, i think every round is a bonus really. He's had a great tournament so far, always had the talent but never really knuckled down. Selby used to back/ be involved with him and the other day he mentioned how he wasn't the hardest worker, since then maybe he now has a point to prove? Whatever it is, i hope he can keep it up as he has the game to be up there. 

Edit- Would be great to see him win it, just with Allen who is the man on form next its going to be a tough ask