Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Snooker updates

Comments

• Options
    See i saw this the other day, to the naked eye it doesn't even look suspect. Why not miss earlier? bit of a strange one all together, obviously its been conifrmed thats the match but it still looked like he was trying, maybe to look less obvious? 

Thanks for the translated tweets, i had seen them in Chinese so hard to gauge anything from it.

Last night Selby had a nice win over Murphy 4-3, 3-2 down after a nice steal from Murphy who missed a couple away from match ball at 3-2, went on past midnight (just), but was an enthralling battle. 

Ali Carter had a fine day beating both Jack Lisowski & John Higgins. 

Hugill beat Ronnie's conqueror (Martin Gould)

todays quarters: best of 9
    Neil Robertson v Williams - 12
    Ali Carter v Selby - 2 (follows the first match) 
    Trump v Brecel 7pm
    Allen v Hugill 7pm
  • Options
    2 trophies in 24 hours

• Options

2 trophies in 24 hours

Love to see him back in the winners circle, twice in 2 days too even better! Nice to see him getting some form going and no doubt he will be in contention come the worlds (i actually go for the first time this year, also going to the masters early Jan) 
  • Options
    Well done Mark Selby who defeated Luca Brecel 9-6, lovely to see him back with a win. After a tough year and he's had some personal battles but he is back, great to see, arguably the game of the tournament was in the Semi final where he beat Robbo 6-4. 
  • Options
    Chen Zifan becomes the 8th player suspended as part of snookers match fixing investigation. 
  • Options
    Chen Zifan becomes the 8th player suspended as part of snookers match fixing investigation. 
    Snooker is in a dark place at the moment 
  • Options
    Snooker is in a dark place at the moment 
    Sort of, i mean they are catching them but still a lot going right too. Agreed its not good though.
  • Options
    John Higgins says Hi. 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    John Higgins says Hi. 
    John Higgins never fixed a match

If I said to you it would be easy to murder someone and you said ok would you kill someone if I paid you and I said yes.

Have I murdered anyone?
    Or have I just had a conversation about it and said I would do it but not followed through?

That is essentially what happened with Higgins

The sting by news of the world caught him saying it would be easier to fix frames and matches and agreeing to do it, but no one knows if he would've actually gone through with it or not.

Thats why his ban was only 6 months because he never actually fixed any matches unlike Stephen Lee or these 8 or the few players who have been banned in recent years(Cao Yupeng, Yu Delu and David John for example) 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2022
    Any game with solo players is a potential for fixing.  Not just snooker - darts, tennis, boxing and any that are in gaming markets - bets are watched carefully for abnormal sums.  I’m guessing some players might be pressured into it…
  • Options
    Not snooker, but if people have BT Sport, pool is on the next few days (started yesterday) 11am, ultimate pool - pro cup.

Without getting into the back story but Ultimate over the last couple of years have basically taken over as the main rules for pool with a lot of top players joining, this competition has 40 minute matches or race to 7. You might need to read up on the rules or essentially its the same as 9 ball pool/miniclip, a couple dodgy things like for TV golden break if you pot the black you win frame, pot white and black lose frame. 

You can play your ball onto the other set and pot it and just a loss of turn, no foul. If you pot both you continue (skill shot).

I would recommend giving it a watch if you can and enjoy pool, i know its not as good as snooker but still.
  • Options
    Another statement from the WPBSA, 2 more Chinese players have been suspended:

Zhao Xintong & Zhang Jianking

This is due to ongoing investigations into possible match fixing
  • Options
    That is a great shame, Zhao comes across as a nice bloke and is supremely talented. But not a big surprise, I've seen footage of some of his matches from a few years ago that are highly suspect.
  • Options
    That is a great shame, Zhao comes across as a nice bloke and is supremely talented. But not a big surprise, I've seen footage of some of his matches from a few years ago that are highly suspect.
    Agree, the last 6 months - year he has looked really off, most people said he was suffering from long Covid and just didn't seem himself/well. Still nothing confirm yet but it does make you question his recent form, clearly they need to find out the ring leader and do what they can to give credit back to the sport, i am not sure they will all get long bans but maybe a season off if they can proof they were pressured. A very sour taste in the mouth, the lot of it. 
  • Options
    Rumours are that Wenbo has retired, jumping before he's pushed, and he seems to be at the forefront of it. 

• Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    Weird to see this resurfacing again, saw a few people post this yesterday and i was tagged in it by someone else on twitter

This happened back in 2017 so hardly a new incident 🤣🤣 but suddenly found a bit of fame not sure why.

Remember it happening at the time thinking wtf is going on
  • Options
    This is really tarnishing the sport. The main ring leader needs to be caught ASAP
  • Options
    Masters started this afternoon.

Robertson left his cue at the hotel and had to rush back to pick it up. Might of put him off a bit as Murphy went 5 - 1 in front. Robertson came back and made a match of it but Murphy got over the line to win 6-4. 

Mark Selby v Hossein Vafaei this evening. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Vafaei won 6-2 against Selby. 

Selby never got going. Looked beaten early on. 
  • Options
    Hawkins blows Allen away 6 - 0 earlier. 

Williams on at the moment against Gilbert. Williams playing some lovely snooker. 2 up so far. 
  • Options
    Hawkins blows Allen away 6 - 0 earlier. 

Williams on at the moment against Gilbert. Williams playing some lovely snooker. 2 up so far. 
    I went yesterday to both sessions, literally Allen didn't get a sniff and then could have snatched the 4th and it might have been different (also maybe won the first), Hawkins saftey was very good and in the last couple even when it wasn't he got away with it. Not much Allen can do there and a massive shock with Allen being the form player going into this. 

MJW was very good, a potential tricky game but he was on good form. The play did stop for about 1-2 mins with a bloody wasp which was funny but a good match and 6-2, but no shame to Gilbert who looked like he was going to claw back to 4-3 from 4-0.

Trump v Day
    Bingham v K Wilson 

today's games
  • Options
    didn't see the trump game. looks as if it could of been a good one. 6 - 5 in the end against Day. 

Been watching it on Eurosport mainly as i cant deal with John "Wheres the cue ball going" Virgo but eurosport have this completely unnecessary logo/advert for the Australian open taking up a quarter of the screen. why?
  • Options
    didn't see the trump game. looks as if it could of been a good one. 6 - 5 in the end against Day. 

Been watching it on Eurosport mainly as i cant deal with John "Wheres the cue ball going" Virgo but eurosport have this completely unnecessary logo/advert for the Australian open taking up a quarter of the screen. why?
    I watched a lot of the Trump game, he didn't really get going but from 5-3 a nice come back but still not looking quite himself yet.

Another lower ranked player won last night Bingham beating Kyren Wilson 6-3, was5-0 up. So of the 8 matches 5 of them the higher seed has lost, Ronnie, Trump & Williams won as faves.

Quarters: 
    Ronnie v Mark Williams - Today 1pm
    Hossain Vafaei v Lisowski - Today 7pm 

Trump v Hawkins - Tomorrow 1pm
    Murphy v Bingham- Tomorrow 7pm 
  • Options
    O'Sullivan/Williams looks like it could become a bit of a Masters classic
  • Options
    Mark Williams defeats Ronnie O'Sullivan 6-5 in decider, Ronnie came out quick and looked in good form but MJW knicked the last of the first mini session and then came out stronger, limited Ronnie and made less mistakes. 

Great match! 
  • Options
    Lisowski won 6-4 to make the semi finals, todays matches:
    Trump v Hawkins 1pm
    Bingham v Murphy 7pm 

Semi finals:
    1pm: MJW v Jack Lisowski
    7pm Winners of todays matches

Final on Sunday, best of 19 (2 sessions if required) 

• Options
    Bingham whitewashed Murphy 6-0 .. Murphy deserved to get hammered simply for wearing that ridiculous sparkling, glittery suit
  • Options
    Final - Williams v Trump 

Bingham just couldn't find the same form as he did against Murphy. lost 6-1 to trump. Trump still not that in form but has got better. However Williams looks well in form. already over a century break in the first frame to go 1 up.