Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Snooker updates

Comments

• Options
    I'm going for Neil Robertson this year. Not sure what his recent form is like. 

I heard Shaun Murphy on 5 live earlier who sounds on good form and was speaking about his weight loss from a gastric band.

Mark Allen also has lost 6 stone this year I read and is due a good run. 

• Options
    I have looked based on the draw, i agree Kyren Wilson has a good chance and so does Shaun Murphy. 

Actually think Ding beats Ronnie and will go deep, could potentially win it too but see him getting to semis.

I have a couple of bets based on EW longshots pre qualifiers:
    Noppon (small change was 100/1) 
    Mcgill 66/1 - this was after he had qualified, admittedly not a nice draw but equally could see him beat Trump
    Kyren outright

It's going to be tough to call, in the first round the only non seeds i had losing were : Brecel, Bingham, Milkins. Although as per, it wouldn't surprise me if half of them lost in the first round. 

Underdog first round upsets i've backed - 
    Slessor - To beat Gary Wilson, tough one and would be a bit of a surprise, but impressed in qualifying and last time he didn't do himself justice as it was lockdown so no crowd
    Perry- Against in form Milkins, although he has had a great year and arguably the form of his life, in his recent run most of his games he has won battling, if Perry lets loose after just getting over the line and scores well like he can, he definitely can beat him.
    David Grace- Possibly my biggest shock, Higgins hasn't been in great form and David Grace can score heavy and equally he is a toughie, could easily see Higgins blow him away if he is on it, but if its close early it could be very tight.
    Walden - Faces Brecel, Luca for me is very talented but as a touch of Lisowski early days, he hasn't really got the consistency, hasn't really settled at the crucible in the past. Walden had a great win against Un Nooh who was scoring heavy and if Ricky is not hampered with his past injuries he is always going to be a tough one to beat. 
  • Options
    Kips said:
    I'm going for Neil Robertson this year. Not sure what his recent form is like. 

I heard Shaun Murphy on 5 live earlier who sounds on good form and was speaking about his weight loss from a gastric band.

Mark Allen also has lost 6 stone this year I read and is due a good run. 

His form is shocking, he hates the crucible (2 table set up). I would love him to win and feel he is far too talented to only win once, but this year he has been in the worst form going into it. Although in the past he has been in red hot form and struggled, so take it with a pinch of salt. 

Murphy has recent form and just seems in a good mind set, also it helps he has a pretty nice draw. 9/1 of the faves is the value, not sure whether to commit yet or see how i do the next couple of days. 

Allen was in great form until recently, tailed away a bit the last month or two but equally you could say he has a good chance. Tricky first one with the talented Fan Zhengyi who beat Maguire convincingly in qualifying, was 4-0 down but went on to win 10-6, although again Maguire not been in good form this season. 
  • Options
    Selby has come into form in the last couple of tournaments plus he has a decent draw on paper. I think it will be him or O'Sullivan who wins it.
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    Selby has come into form in the last couple of tournaments plus he has a decent draw on paper. I think it will be him or O'Sullivan who wins it.
    Yep you could make a very good case for Mark, always a good winner in my book and definitely hit a bit of form of late. ROS, not too sure, he has no form, he has only won the non ranking events this year and recently pulled out due to injury. There were suggestions he might withdraw the World's earlier in the week but he appears in good spirits and fresh on social media, we all know if he turns up he is the one to beat. I am just not sure whether he will this year, hope i am wrong but also for the prices not worth the dabble for me.

Added- You could also argue when he won a couple of seasons back (i forget the year) when he didn't play barely anything and turned up and won so maybe a little break of late could do him some good.   
  • Options
    Play was stopped at the World Championship after a protester vandalised table one and a second person tried to attach themselves to table two.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/snooker/65305903
  • Options
    F***ing protesters 

If that cloth needs to be changed it ruins the whole schedule

Not to mention ruin it for everyone who bought a ticket for tonight 

What does ruin a snooker table have to do with Oil FFS

• Options
    Have to agree with what was shouted by the crowd (when you watch the clip). Genuinely makes me mad 😡
  • Options
    Absolute c***
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If wankers like this got banged up for 12 months they wouldn't do it.
    He will probably escape with a stern talking to. 

Funking joke 
  • Options
    Table 1 needs a recloth despite the best efforts from Rob Walker(nothing that man can't do)

Unfortunately due to needing to be hammered(according to Hendry) it can't be done whilst the other match is on so needs to be done overnight.

So Allen and Fan will finish their match on table 2 and then a decision will be made on if Perry and Milkins can come out on table 2 tonight 
  • Options
    Table One out of action for rest of the night. Needs to be reclothed
  • Options
    clive said:
    Play was stopped at the World Championship after a protester vandalised table one and a second person tried to attach themselves to table two.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/snooker/65305903
    Were they protesting about cruelty to snooker players?
  • Options
    absolute pricks

but, sticking to the actual snooker Vafaei has been just ridiculous. Really looking forward to him vs Ronnie, it has the potential to a really great match
  • Options
    Thought it was only linseed oil used on snooker cues....?
  • Options
    Absolutely ludicrous

And why snooker of all the sports to target? 
  • Options
    Those snooker balls on the table should have been shoved somewhere painful
  • Options
    Absolutely ludicrous

because if they tried it at darts, football or boxing they'd get battered
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I’m very concerned about climate change, however this is mindless provocation for the sake of it, does nothing absolutely nothing to raise awareness, build support, develop & explore policy, or for that matter have absolutely any tangible impact whatsoever, other than to alienate people. The Just Stop Oil movement has to be the the most unimaginative and massively counter productive attempt at protest I can recall.

And what why snooker?!? It’s not exactly high carbon! 
  • Options
    Absolutely ludicrous

because if they tried it at darts, football or boxing they'd get battered
    I disagree with football as they did it at football to an extent remember the guy who tied himself to a goalpost at Everton

Think a boxing or darts crowd would give them the kick the deserved 
  • Options
    On a separate note, my friends and I have been discussing how great a snooker manager game would’ve been on cd-rom in the early to mid 90s.  You don’t get to play as anyone, but manage them.  You might take over Graeme Dott and have to weigh up a sponsorship deal from Nairn’s - something along those lines.  It’s gotten quite ridiculous - this where we’re now at with it in terms of scenarios you get given as manager 

“The junior world championships are running at the same time as the 1992 world championships and an eager 16 year old Stuart Bingham asks you to manage him.

You agree because you think Stuart has a bright future ahead of him and you need to reinvigorate your fledgling managerial career as Snooker undergoes a transformation in general.  

Whilst at the tournament, you notice a 27 year old Hazel Irvine giving a you a few looks from across the bar one evening.  You’re with Stuart and he’s drinking a shandy bass and eating some crisps.  You think Hazel may be flirting with you, so you wander over to say hello.  2 hours pass and although you have bought Hazel a few glasses of Chardonnay, you don’t really think there’s much of connection. 

You return to where you were sat and notice Stuart is nowhere to be seen.  Panicked, you look around and realise Stuart has convinced an unsuspecting Bar man that it was lager he was drinking, not shandy bass.  Stuart has consumed 5 pints in the 2 hours you were sat trying it on with Hazel and is leathered, so much so he’s pestering Willie Thorn.  Immediately you can tell Willie is angry, this could spell disaster for you, and Bullrun.  

Do you 

A) come running over and apologise immediately, hoping Willie will calm down

B) wait and see if some of the other senior pros will calm Willie down 

C) Do nothing and leave Stuart to face the consequences”

• Options
    A

Willie was a nice guy, I'm sure he would be ok if I got Stuart to apologise and I bought him a drink and some moustache cream 😉
  • Options
    cabbles said:
    On a separate note, my friends and I have been discussing how great a snooker manager game would’ve been on cd-rom in the early to mid 90s.  You don’t get to play as anyone, but manage them.  You might take over Graeme Dott and have to weigh up a sponsorship deal from Nairn’s - something along those lines.  It’s gotten quite ridiculous - this where we’re now at with it in terms of scenarios you get given as manager 

“The junior world championships are running at the same time as the 1992 world championships and an eager 16 year old Stuart Bingham asks you to manage him.

You agree because you think Stuart has a bright future ahead of him and you need to reinvigorate your fledgling managerial career as Snooker undergoes a transformation in general.  

Whilst at the tournament, you notice a 27 year old Hazel Irvine giving a you a few looks from across the bar one evening.  You’re with Stuart and he’s drinking a shandy bass and eating some crisps.  You think Hazel may be flirting with you, so you wander over to say hello.  2 hours pass and although you have bought Hazel a few glasses of Chardonnay, you don’t really think there’s much of connection. 

You return to where you were sat and notice Stuart is nowhere to be seen.  Panicked, you look around and realise Stuart has convinced an unsuspecting Bar man that it was lager he was drinking, not shandy bass.  Stuart has consumed 5 pints in the 2 hours you were sat trying it on with Hazel and is leathered, so much so he’s pestering Willie Thorn.  Immediately you can tell Willie is angry, this could spell disaster for you, and Bullrun.  

Do you 

Where the fuck did that come from  😀😀

A by the way 
  • Options
    cabbles said:

Do you 

Where the fuck did that come from  😀😀

A by the way 
    It’s got really silly, really quickly 

Terry Griffith approaches you and warns you about the conduct of Nigel Bond. He informs you that the other players on the circuit don’t take too kindly to the comments Bond has been making to the media. James Watana wants him expelled from the circuit. What do you do?
    a) Sack Bond from your stable.
    b) Try to convince Griffith that Bond is really a nice guy.
    c) Offer Griffith a bribe to start praising Bond and bad mouthing Watana.
    d) Call John Virgo for advice.
  • Options
    147 for Kyren Wilson 
  • Options
    Call John Vigo for advice is always the answer to any issue. 

He's blocked my number.