Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Snooker updates

Comments

• Options
    Ray Reardon interview .. well worth a nostalgic look .. Snooker legend Ray Reardon at 90: 'Proud for Wales, proud for myself' - BBC Sport
  • Options
    Ray Reardon interview .. well worth a nostalgic look .. Snooker legend Ray Reardon at 90: 'Proud for Wales, proud for myself' - BBC Sport
    That's lovely, thanks for sharing! what a great man! 
  • Options
    This Iranian geezer can't buy time at the table tonight. The way Lisowski's punishing him it'll be all over by 9pm.
  • Options
    Quarter finals day! 

Yesterdays results: 
    Ding 6-1 Clarke
    Murphy 6-5 Trump 
    Lisowski 6-2 Vafei
    Perry 6-3 Bingham 

Today 2 sessions as per: 
    Ronnie v Ding (1pm) 
    Perry v Ford (1pm)
    Craigie v Allen (7pm)
    Murphy v Lisowski (7pm)

I don't normally post the weekend so the semis will be tomorrow 1pm/7pm 
    Final Sunday best of 19 1pm/7pm
  • Options
    O'Sullivan 3-0 down to Ding Junhui at the moment.
  • Options
    Ding Junhui 4-0 up at the interval.
  • Options
    Ronnie may well be regarded as the greatest ever and he probably is.
    But you never saw Hendry or Davis play this poorly. 
    When Ronnie is poor he is really poor.
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    The interview have gave earlier in the week indicated he clearly couldn't give a monkey's about the tournament. Showing in his play today. 
  • Options
    Ding Junhui wins 6-0
  • Options
    The interview have gave earlier in the week indicated he clearly couldn't give a monkey's about the tournament. Showing in his play today. 
    I don't comment much on this thread anymore(mainly as it was effecting me mentally) but i still read it.

All I will say is take alot of what Ronnie says in interviews with a pinch of salt

He says he doesnt care about snooker, then cries when he wins the world title

He says he doesn't care if he wins or loses then celebrates winning champion of champions and makes comments in the winners interview saying he has been on a role for 30 years

He says getting 147s are easy for him but hasnt got one in competitive play since 2018 despite having a few attempts and missing reds or blacks.

Ronnie likes making headlines and if you look on twitter some players are frustrated(people like Shaun Murphy or @johnnybev1987 mate Josh other snooker players are just taking things he said with a pinch of salt knowing he is just trying to make headlines.

I have just started to ignore anything he says its like the Ronaldo interview he is trying to be controversial now.

You cant honestly think Ronnie turned up for this tournament not wanting to win, 3rd biggest tournament in the snooker calendar

Everyone there wanted to win, thats why he beat Yuelong 6-0 the other day, he just had an off day today which happens, miss a few and Ding punished him
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Saw that as well. I find that and other interviews he has done a real slap in the face to all those who train and dedicated their lives so much to even reach the top of the game just for the greatest of all time to trivialise it. 
  • Options
    I don't comment much on this thread anymore(mainly as it was effecting me mentally) but i still read it.

All I will say is take alot of what Ronnie says in interviews with a pinch of salt

He says he doesnt care about snooker, then cries when he wins the world title

He says he doesn't care if he wins or loses then celebrates winning champion of champions and makes comments in the winners interview saying he has been on a role for 30 years

He says getting 147s are easy for him but hasnt got one in competitive play since 2018 despite having a few attempts and missing reds or blacks.

Ronnie likes making headlines and if you look on twitter some players are frustrated(people like Shaun Murphy or @johnnybev1987 mate Josh other snooker players are just taking things he said with a pinch of salt knowing he is just trying to make headlines.

I have just started to ignore anything he says its like the Ronaldo interview he is trying to be controversial now.

You cant honestly think Ronnie turned up for this tournament not wanting to win, 3rd biggest tournament in the snooker calendar

Everyone there wanted to win, thats why he beat Yuelong 6-0 the other day, he just had an off day today which happens, miss a few and Ding punished him
    Bang on there, completely agree and nice to see you post. 

It does annoy me when Ronnie loses, let alone an absolute hammering, granted Ding played well but the early couple of frames Ronnie missed a couple chances in both and ultimately looked the bad Ronnie today. Well done Ding but still don't like to see him lose, especially in that manner.

Ding is through to the semi finals! beating Ronnie 6-0

Tom Ford is currently 4-3 up against Joe Perry
  • Options
    Tom Ford beats Joe Perry 6-4 to go through to the semi finals

So one semi sorted:
    Ding v Ford

tune in tonight, no more updates from me. Matches on Eurosport/ selected betting, BBC or for a quick find check snooker.org for live scores. 
  • Options
    I agree with Paulie. I love watching O'Sullivan play but don't pay any attention to anything he says. 
    Ding beating him 6-0 isn't that much of a shock because Ding is top class, he just hasn't been at his best for a few years. 
  • Options
    update/ final UK 
    Allen beat Ding 10-7 in the final, Allen's first UK Championship, his third ranking final in a row and has won his last two. 

Semis - Ding had beat Ford 6-3, Mark Allen beat Jack Lisowski 6-5

This week you have 900 final tonight on freesports (i know its changed name now)  10pm, also German qualifiers which Ronnie has pulled out of. No sure why 
  • Options
    Snooker 900 winner Ant Parsons, beating Martin O'Donnell in the final

I don't normally post qualifiers updates, but Mark Allen lost 5-0 yesterday in the 3rd round of qualifying to Zhao Jianbo, a cracking result for the youngster who does look to have a bright future as he has had a few decent results. 

Jimmy White beat Gould in the same stage, so continues his form.

Various seeds are in action today both Q2 and Q3 rounds still to play so a few more shocks could be in order. 
  • Options
    We do have snooker on this week, the Scottish Open. Apologies for lack of updates but bit of a rubbish start to the week. 
    Ronnie lost a decider yesterday 4-3 to Gary Wilson in round 2(i did not watch it) he was a few seconds away from beating the quickest century in round one.
    Trump hit a 147 in his first frame defeat of Mitchell Mann 4-0. 
    There haven't been too many shocks, but Shaun Murphy lost to Scott Donaldson, a lot of the top 8-16 are still in. 

Other news: Mosconi cup started last night on Sky Sports, I won't update or post results for this. 
  • Options
    For reference, Scottish Open winner was Gary Wilson, 3rd time ranking finalist vs maiden finalist so we were guaranteed a first ranking win for someone. 

Gary Wilson 9-2 Joe O'Connor, some good wins on the way for Joe who beat Robertson in the semi final. 
  • Options
    Yan Bingtao suspended.  Was due to play today.  He's a big name to be involved in match fixing: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/snooker/63945840
  • Options
    CafcWest said:
    Yan Bingtao suspended.  Was due to play today.  He's a big name to be involved in match fixing: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/snooker/63945840
    7 chinese players have been suspended effectively, not looking good just Yan is the most recent. It will no doubt take months to sort it out so for the foreseeable all those involved have been temporarily suspended.
    Yan Bingtao, Lu Ning, Li Hang, Zha Jianbo, Bai Langing, Chang Bingyu, Liang Wenbo. It's not clear but some texts from Jianbo where he has been threatened and supposedly a few others have, it will be interesting to see how it turns out. 

English open this week in Essex, No casualties day one. Trump got away with one against Jackson Page 4-3 win, Ronnie got over the line 4-3 also against Ben Mertens 3-0 up. A lot of the players were moaning it was too cold in the arena as the heating had broken. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yan Bingtao is the highest ranked of those 7 though, has won The Masters and had a bright future. This is a huge blow to the sport. I suspect the players involved are being put under a lot of pressure to fix matches. 
  • Options
    Yan Bingtao is the highest ranked of those 7 though, has won The Masters and had a bright future. This is a huge blow to the sport. I suspect the players involved are being put under a lot of pressure to fix matches. 
    Yep very surprised someone so near the top and a potential world champion would make the decision to get involved, i am sure there is a lot more to it. Threats/pressure or something of that note, to me i have never seen him not give 100% on the table so maybe it's by association? We'll see what comes out. 
  • Options
    No significant exits yet, i did watch Robbo 3-0 up against Lei Peifan, went to 3-3 after 3 centuries/ clearances from Lei, however Neil Robertson got over the line. Some performance from the Chinaman, would have been a sickener. 

We are still at round 1 completion and round 2 starts today so tends to pick up, so no doubt there will be a few shocks somewhere. 

You can watch on Eurosport or selected betting sites. 
  • Options
    No significant exits yet, i did watch Robbo 3-0 up against Lei Peifan, went to 3-3 after 3 centuries/ clearances from Lei, however Neil Robertson got over the line. Some performance from the Chinaman, would have been a sickener. 

We are still at round 1 completion and round 2 starts today so tends to pick up, so no doubt there will be a few shocks somewhere. 

You can watch on Eurosport or selected betting sites
    Just make sure they're not based in China.
  • Options
    Martin Gould beats Ronnie O'Sullivan 4-1 in round 2
    Mark Williams beats Matthew Salt 4-0 in round 2
  • Options
    clive said:
    Martin Gould beats Ronnie O'Sullivan 4-1 in round 2
    Mark Williams beats Matthew Salt 4-0 in round 2
    Thank you, literally popped on to say Ronnie is the first big casualty, expected as he looked like he wanted to lose in the previous round. Take nothing away from Gould, he played well and it would be good to see him use a springboard and have a good run. 
  • Options
    Ali Carter beats Jack Lisowski 4-2 in the second round
  • Options
    CafcWest said:
    7 chinese players have been suspended effectively, not looking good just Yan is the most recent. It will no doubt take months to sort it out so for the foreseeable all those involved have been temporarily suspended.
    Yan Bingtao, Lu Ning, Li Hang, Zha Jianbo, Bai Langing, Chang Bingyu, Liang Wenbo. It's not clear but some texts from Jianbo where he has been threatened and supposedly a few others have, it will be interesting to see how it turns out. 

English open this week in Essex, No casualties day one. Trump got away with one against Jackson Page 4-3 win, Ronnie got over the line 4-3 also against Ben Mertens 3-0 up. A lot of the players were moaning it was too cold in the arena as the heating had broken. 
    Just to put a bit of extra context to this

Wenbo was the first to be suspended a couple of months ago at the time no one knew why, he had only just returned from his suspension for beating his partner in Sheffield so people thought it was to do with that again.

Then the next 5 got suspended on the same day
    Ning, Hang, Jianbao, Langning and Bingyu

That night Bingyu posted on a prominent Chinese message board(Weibo) that he was threatened by Wenbo) the message was later removed by Bingyu or the Chinese government(however you want to see it)

Then a couple of days later Bingtao didn't show up for his first round match at the English open, i was fearing the worst and hoping it was just traffic issues, however later that day it was confirmed he was also suspended 

• Options

Translation of the post Bingyu posted