Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Snooker updates

Comments

• Options
    CafcWest said:
    Being cynical…what odds would someone have got on Brecel to win when he was 14-5 down…does make you wonder after recent corruption allegations in the game…
    Sadly given recent betting scandals it's a possibility. Ronnie's collapse also seemed pretty bizarre.
    I've  been a bit of a snooker result sceptic ever since Taylor/Davis in 1985 .. Davis missing those blacks ? .. nah
    Brecel's results look dubious, BUT he is playing superb snooker and the prize money difference between a semi final and finalist is £100,000, with the chance of winning first prize of £500,000 .. a lot of money to give up despite the well known Chinese penchant for a bent 'gamble' .. Brecel's win over Ronnneee looks even more questionable, if you are of that mindset
    We know that snooker is prone to being fixed but  despite my doubts over Tayor/Davis, I doubt the really big tournaments are fixed nowadays, dubious betting trends are much more obvious (we hope lol)
    I think Davis missing that final Black is his biggest regret in his Career. 
    No way did he do that on purpose. 
    we will never know !!
  • Options
    you really think that davis/taylor match was fixed? 

being a sceptic myself you have me wondering... 
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    you really think that davis/taylor match was fixed? 

being a sceptic myself you have me wondering... 
    well .. both from the same management group (Barry 'Earn), Davis a well established star, already a few titles to his name, if Taylor won it would be a major upset, he was 7-0 down at one point, ..  Davis's performance in the final frames was totally out of character .. be good for Hearn to have another champion to tour the clubs .. the game needed a new star .. only thick smoke i m o but no evidence of fire ..
  • Options
    anyway .. if Brecel wins it will be good for the game .. the last few titles/finals have been won by the older generation, with very few new young stars coming through .. I admire Selby but be good to see a seemingly fearless shot maker win the thing, the first European to make a real name for himself in snooker
  • Options
    Bloody hell! 147 Selby!
  • Options
    Selby - 147!
  • Options
    Fantastic Break.
  • Options
    Unbelievable Jeff 
  • Options
    CafcWest said:
    Being cynical…what odds would someone have got on Brecel to win when he was 14-5 down…does make you wonder after recent corruption allegations in the game…
    Sadly given recent betting scandals it's a possibility. Ronnie's collapse also seemed pretty bizarre.
    I've  been a bit of a snooker result sceptic ever since Taylor/Davis in 1985 .. Davis missing those blacks ? .. nah
    Brecel's results look dubious, BUT he is playing superb snooker and the prize money difference between a semi final and finalist is £100,000, with the chance of winning first prize of £500,000 .. a lot of money to give up despite the well known Chinese penchant for a bent 'gamble' .. Brecel's win over Ronnneee looks even more questionable, if you are of that mindset
    We know that snooker is prone to being fixed but  despite my doubts over Tayor/Davis, I doubt the really big tournaments are fixed nowadays, dubious betting trends are much more obvious (we hope lol)
    I think Davis missing that final Black is his biggest regret in his Career. 
    No way did he do that on purpose. 
    we will never know !!

Absolutely no way Davis would have thrown that final. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Can't see the Davis/Taylor thing, people don't want to throw important games, it's why it's some random third round match etc that's usually dodgy as.

I know Davis was a multiple world champion, but pressure and frame of mind do strange things.

Anyone been watching the chess this month?  A grandmaster freezing and not making any move at all, another one throwing a World championship winning position away in 3 moves that a local chess club player wouldn't make.  All pressure, overthinking, overcomplicating things etc.
  • Options
    Selby halves Kyren Wilson's paycheque .. looks as though Brecel is better coming from behind than galloping into a lead .. we will see
  • Options
    Brecel has come out firing on all cylinders this afternoon. Fantastic century break. 
  • Options
    ...and another one. He's seeing them like beach balls today. 
  • Options
    best way to deal with Selby getting 3 in a row? get 4 in a row yourself of course. I'm not sure anyone's told Brecel that he's in the world championship final, he looks like he's just dicking about on the practice table in his local club, so relaxed
  • Options
    Wow.  Brecel is on fire today
  • Options
    Selby halves Kyren Wilson's paycheque .. looks as though Brecel is better coming from behind than galloping into a lead .. we will see
    update .. he's pretty good making the pace as well 
  • Options
    Brecel is hugely entertaining to watch. Selby not so much.
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    Hoping Brecel can close the match out - nerves have to kick in at some stage.
  • Options
    Fabulous clearance to go 15-10 up.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I backed Brecel to win 18/15 .. come on Selbers, BUT please don't get too many 
  • Options
    Great victory. Has beaten Selby, O'Sullivan and Williams..

Selby gracious in defeat...
  • Options
    Really great to see a new name up on the winners board. 
  • Options
    Really great to see a new name up on the winners board. 
    An exciting talent - great for snooker.
  • Options
    So pleased to see him win.
  • Options
    a truly amazing final, loved it all and so pleased to see Luca win it
  • Options
    The most exciting world championship i can ever remember.  This new breed are fearless & frighteningly good
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    Gutted for Selby, really thought number 5 was coming but hopefully next year is the year, gave himself to much work in the 3rd session being 5 frames behind

But fantastic from Brecel he played incredible and is fully deserved to be world champion 

On the playing side

Selby made the first 147 of a final and finished the season with the joint most centuries, won the WST Classic and English Open and got the the World Championship final and mixed doubles runner up

So not been a terrible season and hopefully he can take that into next season
  • Options
    Really glad Brecel won, some of the shots he's taken on and potted this tournament has been class, deserved the win.