Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Snooker updates

Comments

• Options
    Incredible turn around. The way Trump played at the beginning to how he is playing now with double century and an 85.

O'Sullivan just potted his first ball in forty minutes of play!
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Some frame that. Thought it was all over. Nine all.
  • Options
    Most gripping game of snooker I've seen! Watched Mr Trump (hahaha) in the semis yesterday and thought he was class then too.
  • Options
    You know it's been a great game when someone of O'Sullivan's class says it's the hardest game he has ever played in
  • Options
    Wow - what an amazing fightback from Trump. I wish O'Sullivan would stop picking his hooter though.
  • Options
    most start to deteriorate as the big 40 birthday approaches .. O'Sullivan just gets better and better
  • Options
    Steve Davis v Dennis Taylor in 1985 will always be the number 1 cliffhanger for me but that was some match yesterday!

Trump was dead and buried then rose like Lazarus.
  • Options
    World Snooker awards tonight

Snooker Writers Player of the Year: Stuart Bingham
    Rookie Player of the Year: Oliver Lines
    Fans Player of the Year: Judd Trump
    Performance of the Year: Joe Perry
    Magic Moment of the Year: Ronnie O'Sullivan, for breaking the career century record
    PLAYER OF THE YEAR: Stuart Bingham!

Mark Selby and John Parrott were the latest players to be inducted into the hall of fame

Fred Davis
    Joe Davis
    Steve Davis
    Ken Doherty
    Walter Donaldson
    Graeme Dott
    Peter Ebdon
    Terry Griffiths
    Alex Higgins
    John Higgins
    Stephen Hendry
    Joe Johnson
    Shaun Murphy
    Ronnie O'Sullivan
    John Parrott
    John Pulman
    Ray Reardon
    Neil Robertson
    Mark Selby
    John Spencer
    Dennis Taylor
    Cliff Thorburn
    Mark Williams
  • Options
    Well played Joe Perry. Cracking match that.
  • Options
    O'sullivan has come right back in this final. Perry making a few mistakes due to pressure which has let rocket in. 4-3 so far to Perry.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    from being 4-1 down, should of been 5-1 O'sullivan has come back to make it 4 all. looking good for later.
  • Options
    I was there for his first round game against Liang Wenbo.

Brilliant venue is Ally Pally, although a bit of a ball ache to get there.
  • Options
    What time is the evening session?
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:

What time is the evening session?

Starting now
  • Options
    Wow, that was a messy opener.
  • Options
    Anyone missue this lol, as I am back on here thought I would start this again (not that anyone will read it)

And it will start with the news the stuart Bingham has a 6 month ban for betting.

Very lenient in my opinion, moSt of the betting was done when he was out of tournaments but he also had over 30 bets totalling over 4 grand on matches he was involved in (he used his managers account)

The reason it's only 6 months is that they can't prove he purposely threw frames or matches.

Still considering steven lee got a 12 year ban, Bingham a former world champion got off very lightly, but he has lost a lot of respect from people.

• Options
    What's the tournament before Xmas, UK or world championships? Or has it been moved. Seem to remember whichever of the 2, was always coming up soon
  • Options
    UK championship
  • Options
    And is it this side of Xmas
  • Options
    Yeah starts November 28th
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Yeah starts November 28th

With subtitles?
  • Options

I play league snooker but I hate watching it. Especially the current snooker scene . We should just hand it all over to China and not delay the inevitable .

Almost 4 years on from this post and since then 4 world championship have all been English.
    World number 1 has been English the whole time (mark Selby is in his 6th year as world number 1)
    And only 4 Asians in top 30, yes there are more in the game and they are improving but it's still very much an open field
  • Options
    Did anyone watch Ronnie in the English Open final, 1st ranking event for nearly 2 years but 98 % pot success. One word ' Genius'

Still the one to beat when he turns up.

Bingham has got off lightly 3 months suspended so only 3 months off, they did say he was betting on his highest breaks being beaten which apparently used to be a common thing in the past, bottom line is they are not allowed to bet on snooker full stop. Stephen Lee got a lengthy ban, shame always thought Bingham seemed a nice lad and probably the last person to do any match fixing but those are the rules.
  • Options
    What is it with these guys? Doing a "job" they love and getting well paid for it - can't they just leave the betting alone? I guess they're addicted - surely it's not about the money?
  • Options
    Saga Lout said:

What is it with these guys? Doing a "job" they love and getting well paid for it - can't they just leave the betting alone? I guess they're addicted - surely it's not about the money?

I dont think it will be about money in this example, Bingham has over 2 Million in earnings to date. All the bets were fairly small and none on his own games, just a hobbie really, also might be as they practice with players they feel they know the game. Main thing is they aren't allowed to bet on snooker, also he used TP to bet and his manager so obviously knew he wasn't supposed to be betting.
  • Options

I play league snooker but I hate watching it. Especially the current snooker scene . We should just hand it all over to China and not delay the inevitable .

Almost 4 years on from this post and since then 4 world championship have all been English.
    World number 1 has been English the whole time (mark Selby is in his 6th year as world number 1)
    And only 4 Asians in top 30, yes there are more in the game and they are improving but it's still very much an open field
    Sort of correct there but it is definitely coming, they are doing better in each event and several of them will be in the top 16 soon to join Llang & Ding, to name just a couple would be injustice. Wont be too long until the first chinese winner, would probably guess in the next 4 years, they practice so much and play each other competitively alot so they are only going to get better.
  • Options

Sort of correct there but it is definitely coming, they are doing better in each event and several of them will be in the top 16 soon to join Llang & Ding, to name just a couple would be injustice. Wont be too long until the first chinese winner, would probably guess in the next 4 years, they practice so much and play each other competitively alot so they are only going to get better.
    I aint saying that, but like I said the original post was 4 years ago and since then it hasn't happened as he thought was all I was saying.
  • Options

Saga Lout said:

I dont think it will be about money in this example, Bingham has over 2 Million in earnings to date. All the bets were fairly small and none on his own games, just a hobbie really, also might be as they practice with players they feel they know the game. Main thing is they aren't allowed to bet on snooker, also he used TP to bet and his manager so obviously knew he wasn't supposed to be betting.

Unfortunately not true, charge 3 was that he used his managers account to bet on matches he was playing in.
  • Options

Did anyone watch Ronnie in the English Open final, 1st ranking event for nearly 2 years but 98 % pot success. One word ' Genius'

Still the one to beat when he turns up.

IMO still won't win the World's or UK again.

Short format helps him atm,
    He gets a match against Selby, trump, Higgins in the world's and he will lose, 1 or 2 frames go against him and mentally he drops, in the longer matches over 2 or more sessions I don't think he will have the mentality.

I could be wrong but we shall see