Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Snooker updates

Comments

• Options

Did anyone watch Ronnie in the English Open final, 1st ranking event for nearly 2 years but 98 % pot success. One word ' Genius'

Still the one to beat when he turns up.

IMO still won't win the World's or UK again.

Short format helps him atm,
    He gets a match against Selby, trump, Higgins in the world's and he will lose, 1 or 2 frames go against him and mentally he drops, in the longer matches over 2 or more sessions I don't think he will have the mentality.

I could be wrong but we shall see
    Yep i am not saying he has turned a corner, but looked unbeatable. In the shorter format, so correct we will need to wait until UK/ Worlds. Personally i feel he has another Worlds in him, might be more hopeful than expected.
  • Options
    One thing I will say about Ronnie.....his fiction books are shite!
  • Options

Did anyone watch Ronnie in the English Open final, 1st ranking event for nearly 2 years but 98 % pot success. One word ' Genius'

He gets a match against Selby, trump, Higgins in the world's and he will lose, 1 or 2 frames go against him and mentally he drops, in the longer matches over 2 or more sessions I don't think he will have the mentality.

It's a brave man who bets against O'Sullivan... Put that wallet away Bingham!
  • Options
    Saga Lout said:

It's a brave man who bets against O'Sullivan... Put that wallet away Bingham!
    I think it's a brave man who bets on Ronnie in longer tournaments, been favourite to win worlds last 4 years and not got past quarters, how many people have wasted money on him because the bookies automatically put him as favourite
  • Options

Jimmy the whirlwind White is World Seniors Champion 2017 beat Ken Doherty in the final tonight 4-2

It won't make up for those five (?) losing World finals but well done, that man.
  • Options
    Six
  • Options
    International championship in China is just about to get underway.

For anyone interested will update this with scores in the morning.
  • Options
    First few results some are qualifiers some are round 1 results.

Qualifiers.
    Yan Bingtao 6-5 Wang Yuchan- this match went with the rankings and another disappointing match for Wang only 2 wins all season.

Yu Delu 6-2 Lyu Haotian- again a match that went with the rankings.

Mark Selby 6-1 Ashley Hugill-with over 100 places between them no surprise to see The Jester ease into the first round, Ashley is another player to only win 2 matches so far this season.

Zhao Xintong 6-2 Matthew Stevens-Good result for the 20 year old against the experience of Stevens, however not to much of a surprise especially as Stevens is getting used to a new cue following the theft of his original cue.

Robin Hull 6-2 Zhou Yuelong- very good win for the Fin against a top 30 player

John Higgins 6-1 Elliot slessor- again a very much expected result

Liang Wenbo 6-2 Adam Duffy-another top 16 easeso through

Round 1 results

Ali Carter 6-3 Andrew Higginson-good win Carter in the all English battle

Tom Ford 6-5 Ian Preece- first decider of the tournament went the man from Leicesters way

Neil Robertson 6-2 Gary Wilson- comfortable victory for the Aussie

Joe Perry 6-3 Sam Craigie- another match that went as expected

Luca Brecel 6-1 Li Yuan- the young Belgian is starting to become the player everyone thought and could soon break into the top 10
  • Options
    Round 1

Ryan Day 6-5 Kurt Maflin- only the 2nd final frame decider of day 1.

Zhang Young 6-3 Alan McManus- another slight shock here as the Scot loses to a player ranked 110th

Matt Selt 6-3 Michael Holt

Martin Gould 6-3 David Grace

The final round of matches for today have just got underway
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Day 1 results

Qualifiers

Yan Bingtao 6-5 Wang Yuchan
    Yu Delu 6- Lyu Haotian
    Mark Selby 6-1 Ashley Hugill
    Zhao Xintong 6-2 Matthew Stevens
    Robin Hull 6-2 Zhou Yuelong
    John Higgins 6-1 Elliot slessor
    Liang Wenbo 6-2 Adam Duffy
    Ding Junhui 6-3 Chen Zheng

Round 1
    Ali Carter 6-3 Andrew Higginson
    Tom Ford 6-5 Ian Preece
    Neil Robertson 6-2 Gary Wilson
    Joe Perry 6-3 Sam Craigie
    Ryan Day 6-5 Kurt Maflin
    Zhang Yong 6-3 Alan McManus
    Matt Selt 6-3 Michael Holt
    Luca Brecel 6-1 Li Yuan
    Martin Gould 6-3 David Grace
    Dominic Dale 6-3 Ben Woollaston
    Stephen Maguire 6-2 John J Astley
    Martin O'Donnell 6-3 Sanderson Lambeth
    Kyren Wilson 6-5 Tian Pengfei
    Judd Trump 6-0 Ian Burns
    Ricky Walden 6-5 Peter Ebdon

No massive surprises today Alan McManus will be disappointed to leave so early.

Also Kurt Maflin lost 6-5 but got 3 centuries in his 5 frames so will be very disappointed
  • Options
    And Ronnie is out, will put full scores on here when the last few matches of today have finished but O'Sullivan was absolutely outplayed by 17 year old Yan Bingtao 6-1
  • Options
    Whose the Numpty now
  • Options
    Day 2

Round 1

Akani Songsermsawad 6-0 Hossein Vafaei
    Li Hang 6-1 Dave Gilbert
    Jack Lisowski 6-2 Barry Hawkins
    Jimmy Robertson 6-5 Robin Hull
    Mark Joyce 6-2 Anthony McGill
    Mark King 6-1 Rory McLeod
    Shaun Murphy 6-5 Mei Xiwen
    Mark Selby 6-4 Cao Yupeng
    Robbie Williams W/O Stuart Bingham
    Liang Wenbo 6-5 Lee Walker
    Oliver Lines 6-5 Ding Junhui
    Robert Milkins 6-2 Graeme Dott
    Yan Bingtao 6-1 Ronnie O'Sullivan
    Xiao Guodong 6-2 Eden Sharav
    Mark Williams 6-4 Yu Delu
    Mark Allen 6-4 Zhao Xintong
    John Higgins 6-1 Niu Zhuang

Very interesting day today losing the likes of
    O'Sullivan
    Hawkins
    Ding

Anthong McGill losing was a surprise as well
    Obviously Robbie Williams got his walk over thanks to Bingham's ban.

But spare a thought for poor Hossein Vafaei had so many issues with his Visa this season, manages to get hold of one for this tournament and his plane is delayed so he misses his match and gets an automatic 6-0 defeat
  • Options

Whose the Numpty now

Seen people putting this on twitter , very sad. Firstly he himself has quotes to say what a good player Yan Bingtao so not like he has lost to any of the claimed 'numpties'

Watched the game yesterday, the best player won on the day and he is a great talent. No doubt future world champ, although i would add he did seem to get the rub of the green whenever he missed didnt leave anything, but very deserved and was doing to Ronnie what he was doing to everyone last week (English Open) he would miss one shot and effectively lose the frame. Sad to see Ronnie go out early and that will affect viewing figures/ interest but good luck to Yan hope he goes far in this tourney.
  • Options
    Day 2

Round 1

Whose the Numpty now

Seen people putting this on twitter , very sad. Firstly he himself has quotes to say what a good player Yan Bingtao so not like he has lost to any of the claimed 'numpties'

Watched the game yesterday, the best player won on the day and he is a great talent. No doubt future world champ, although i would add he did seem to get the rub of the green whenever he missed didnt leave anything, but very deserved and was doing to Ronnie what he was doing to everyone last week (English Open) he would miss one shot and effectively lose the frame. Sad to see Ronnie go out early and that will affect viewing figures/ interest but good luck to Yan hope he goes far in this tourney.
    Not at all said, he claimed players outside the top 30 are all numpties and shouldnt be competeing with the likes of him, he loses to someone ranked 54th, anyone can neat anyone on the day and everyone has to start somewhere, he needs to stop making comments like that and get on with his game.
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    147 made by Kyren Wilson his first professional 147
  • Options

Day 2

Round 1

Whose the Numpty now

Not at all said, he claimed players outside the top 30 are all numpties and shouldnt be competeing with the likes of him, he loses to someone ranked 54th, anyone can neat anyone on the day and everyone has to start somewhere, he needs to stop making comments like that and get on with his game.
    Yawn, there is no discussion in your eyes you obviously dont like Ronnie or what he has said. I am in the total opposite camp, although i dont agree with calling them numpties but he didn't mean everyone outside the top 30 he has even maintained previously he thinks Yan is going to be world champion so he wouldn't fall under the 'numpty' tag.

Also although it appears disrespectful he has been asking for a 2nd tour with parachute of payments and this is to look out for the players outside the top 64 and said they should do some form of league too. So in your eyes he is slating those not good enough, but to me he wants to protect snooker and get more people to come through.

Saw Kyren got 147 and then went out, shame he is a good player.
  • Options

Day 2

Round 1

Whose the Numpty now

Yawn, there is no discussion in your eyes you obviously dont like Ronnie or what he has said. I am in the total opposite camp, although i dont agree with calling them numpties but he didn't mean everyone outside the top 30 he has even maintained previously he thinks Yan is going to be world champion so he wouldn't fall under the 'numpty' tag.

Also although it appears disrespectful he has been asking for a 2nd tour with parachute of payments and this is to look out for the players outside the top 64 and said they should do some form of league too. So in your eyes he is slating those not good enough, but to me he wants to protect snooker and get more people to come through.

Saw Kyren got 147 and then went out, shame he is a good player.
    When he made the numpty comment it was in regards to mark williams going to play a qualifier.

When this started he was talking to williams about having to pkay in qualifiers against numpties.

He then came up with this thing about a 2nd tour whih clearly came from management to.make him sound better

But the original context was he feels he is to good to play qualifiers.

The 2nd tour idea isnt great either, think how much experience these players get playing the big names.

Jack Lisowski is a prime example, the last 6 months he has gone from strength to strength up to 47th and will be higher after this tournament.
  • Options
    Round 2 was played today

Ali Carter 6-1 Stephen Maguire
    John Higgins 6-2 Dominic Dale
    Martin Gould 6-5 Kyren Wilson
    Shaun Murphy 6-1 Zhang Yong
    Martin O'Donnell 6-5 Akani Songsermsawad
    Robbie Williams 6-3 Joe Perry
    Mark Selby 6-4 Tom Ford
    Judd Trump 6-3 Jimmy Robertson
    Yan Bingtao 6-4 Ricky Walden
    Mark Williams 6-2 Ryan Day
    Mark Joyce 6-2 Luca Brecel
    Mark Allen 6-5 Mark King
    Liang Wenbo 6-4 Li Hang
    Jack Lisowski 6-4 Xiao Guodong
    Robert Milkins 6-4 Oliver Lines
    Neil Robertson 6-5 Matthew Selt

Not to many shocks today
    Maguire will be dissapointed to lose
    As will Brecel who was starting to get momentum

Biggest shock was Robbie Williams beating Joe Perry.

Kyren Wilson had a mixed daygot a brilliant 147 but then got lost the match
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Quarter final day today

Martin Gould 6-5 Ali Carter
    Mark Selby 6-2 Robbie Williams
    Yan Bingtao 6-2 John Higgins
    Mark Allen 6-5 Judd Trump

Semi final lineup

Mark Selby v Martin Gould
    Mark Allen v Yan Bingtao
  • Options

Quarter final day today

Martin Gould 6-5 Ali Carter
    Mark Selby 6-2 Robbie Williams
    Yan Bingtao 6-2 John Higgins
    Mark Allen 6-5 Judd Trump

Semi final lineup

Mark Selby v Martin Gould
    Mark Allen v Yan Bingtao

Yan Bingtao is a fantastic talent. Future world Champion & world number 1
  • Options
    Mark Selby eases into sunday's final beating martin Gould 9-3
  • Options
    One result i missed from yesterday was @Addickted2TheReds 2-0 @paulie8290
  • Options
    Mark Allen 9 Yan Bingtao 2, Shame would have like to see Yan in the final but he has had a good week and will have a good future in the game.
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    Mark Selby 6-3 Mark Allen

Selby finishes the first session with a 3 frame advantage and four away from retaining the international Championship
  • Options
    Mark Selby 10-7 Mark Allen

Mark selby retained the title he won last year.

As Mark had already earned a place at The Champion of Champions in Coventry the final place goes to Hong Kong Masters winner Neil Robertson.

Champion of Champions starts tomorow with John Higgins looking to retain his title.

Other players who qualified
    Mark Selby
    Ronnie O'Sullivan
    Anthony Hamilton
    Barry Hawkins
    Judd Trump
    Luca Brecel
    Ding Junhui
    Mark King
    Marco Fu
    Shaun Murphy
    Ryan Day
    Michael White
    Liang Wenbo
    Anthony McGill
    Neil Robertson
  • Options
    only 15 ?
  • Options
    There's 16 players there, including Higgins
  • Options
    Doh!

err, must have been late night celebrating Raiders closing in on Chiefs...