Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Snooker updates

Comments

• Players Championship
    Quarter Finals

Judd Trump v John Higgins
    Stephen Maguire v Mark Selby 

Joe Perry v Yan Bingtao 
    Mark Allen v Shaun Murphy 
  • Players Championship
    Quarter Final
    Result

Judd Trump 6-3 John Higgins 

Trump was 3-1 up at the mid session before Higgins pulled it back to 3-3, then Trump pulled away to win 6-3, there were a few frames after the mid session interval that were surprisingly long and involved some intense safety battles 
  • Some excellent pots by Trump to get him in several times in those last dogged frames. 
  • Players Championship 
    Quarter Final

Stephen Maguire 6-5 Mark Selby 

Maguire was 4-1 Ahead before Selby pulled it back to 4-4 Maguire went 5-4 ahead and Selby forced a decider which was scrappy but Maguire won.

Maguire will now play Trump in the Semi Final
  • Players Championship 
    Quarter Final

Stephen Maguire 6-5 Mark Selby 

Maguire was 4-1 Ahead before Selby pulled it back to 4-4 Maguire went 5-4 ahead and Selby forced a decider which was scrappy but Maguire won.

Maguire will now play Trump in the Semi Final

Paulie is not a happy Bunny! unlucky mate, sorry that's because of the Ronnie bashing a bit of banter.
  • Players Championship
    Quarter Final
    Result 

Yan Bingtao 6-5 Joe Perry 

Not for the first time recently a Yan Bingtao match starts one day and finishes the next, this time he wins, it was 2-2 at the mid session interval before Bingtao pulled away into a 5-2 lead, Perry made a good comeback to force a decider which was a tight frame and came down to the black ball with just a couple of points in it and Bingtao potted it to take frame and match
  • Players Championship 
    Quarter Final 

Shaun Murphy 6-2 Mark Allen 

Shaun Murphy eases into the Semi Final and is looking very good atm
  • Players Championship
    Semi Finals

Judd Trump v Stephen Maguire 
    Yan Bingtao v Shaun Murphy 
  • Players Championship
    Semi Finals

Judd Trump v Stephen Maguire 
    Yan Bingtao v Shaun Murphy 
    If I was a betting man I'd put my money on Trump.  Still, the beauty of snooker, like so many sports, is that anything can happen.
  • Players Championship
    Semi Final

Judd Trump 6-5 Stephen Maguire 

Wow what a semi final that was, Trump was 3-0 ahead a cruising then Maguire won 5 frames in a row to go 5-3 ahead, Trump won the next 2 to force the decider, in the decider Maguire was in first with a 49 but ran out of position and played safe after a couple of safety shots Trump knocked in a wonderful red and cleared up to win frame and match
  • Sponsored links:

• Still think the schedule is a bit poor.

Semi final 1 is complete and Trump gets a day off and rests ahead of the final

Semi final 2 is tomorrow evening, if that goes to a decider it could easily go till 11 like tonight or even past midnight like Murphy v Bingtao did when they last met at the Welsh Open in the semi final, the winner then has the final the following day 
  • Yes agree

That said, if I had just won, the adrenaline and momentum would take over potentially, rather than nerves with the waiting around.
  • Players Championship 
    Semi Final

Yan Bingtao 6-1 Shaun Murphy 

Well I didn't see that coming, a few mistakes by Murphy but a solid performance from Bingtao 
  • Players Championship
    Final

Judd Trump v Yan Bingtao 
  • The commentators mentioned that Bingtao is on his own this week, obviously no other Chinese players, but apparently there is noone else either normally the Chinese players travel with an entourage from the academy lol but guessing they have all stayed behind, Bingtao has apparently been seen at the restaurant and practice on his own.

I wonder if he is enjoying the freedom, its probably the only time he has had to himself since he has been over here, these academys are good but from what I can gather they eat together, practice together, travel together, some even live together and they probably never get time to themselves 
  • The side note to this is Bingtao is now guaranteed to be 16th in the rankings possibly higher I havent done the maths, but minimum 16th with just Gibraltar to go before World Championship Qualifying

Gibraltar is now under threat, players where told today that its going to be monitored the next few days and a decision made.

If Gibraltar doesnt go ahead then Bingtao WILL be seeded for the World Championships
  • edited March 2020
    Players Championship
    Final
    End of 1ss session 

Judd Trump 6-2 Yan Bingtao 

At 1-1 this looked like it was going to be a tight final not like the couple of runaway ones there have been recently, then Trump stormed away and and took a 6-1 lead, Bingtao managed to take the final frame of the session, to give him the faintest of hopes going into tonight 
  • edited March 2020
    JUDD TRUMP IS PLAYERS CHAMPIONSHIP CHAMPION 
  • Players Championship
    Final

Judd Trump 10-4 Yan Bingtao 

Yan came out and won the opening 2 frames of the evening to make it 6-4 but Trump won the next 4
  • thanks @paulie8290 👍
  • Sponsored links:

• Judd Trump now joins 

Stephen Hendry 1990-1991
    Ding Junhui 2013-2014
    Mark Selby 2016-2017
    Ronnie O'Sullivan 2017-2018

In winning 5 ranking events in one season, however there are still 3 ranking events left so he can overtake those and get the record in his own right
  • Championship league group 7 and winners group next 4 days but as usual with the Championship league I wont be updating as its short format and to much to keep on top off lol.

So a week off for me and I will hopefully return as long as there are no more Coronavirus issues next week when the Gibraltar Open hopefully goes ahead
  • Nice one Paulie 
  • Judd Trump now joins 

Stephen Hendry 1990-1991
    Ding Junhui 2013-2014
    Mark Selby 2016-2017

In winning 5 ranking events in one season, however there are still 3 ranking events left so he can overtake those and get the record in his own right
    How many ranking events were there in the previous years? Have a feeling Hendry’s record will be a lot more impressive due to fewer tournaments 
  • MrOneLung said:
    Judd Trump now joins 

Stephen Hendry 1990-1991
    Ding Junhui 2013-2014
    Mark Selby 2016-2017

How many ranking events were there in the previous years? Have a feeling Hendry’s record will be a lot more impressive due to fewer tournaments 
    Hendrys was done in 8

Trumps and Ronnies both in 12

Selby was in 15  and Ding in 17 I think
  • Draw for Gibraltar Open is out and ROS did not enter.

Which means not including the 20 minutes of snooker he played at The Shootout, his last proper Snooker match was 14th February his next will be over 2 months later at the World Championships, no chance of tiredness or fatigue, if he is ever going to win another World Championship it will be this year(Personally still dont think he will)

Trump and Robertson are both in Gibraltar obviously, both players had an agreement to miss The Shootout and play in Gibraltar(they are 1 and 2 on the BetVictor European Series List, Robertson just needs to get to the final, Trump would have to win the even for the £150,000 bonus)

Havent quite worked out how I will be doing the updates yet for this next week, but probably wont be doing the opening 2 rounds as it starts with 245 players lol including alot of amateurs and with the event done over 4 days its very short format as well(best of 7s all the way)
  • No chance of tiredness but he won't be match sharp either. I don't know, but he looks almost like he is going to pack it in soon.
  • No chance of tiredness but he won't be match sharp either. I don't know, but he looks almost like he is going to pack it in soon.
    I get the match sharpness but I think back to when he had a year off a come back to win the World Championships in 2013, as I said I dont think he will, and I said a few year ago he wont win another world title, 17 days is to much for him.

But if he was ever gonna win another one its gonna be this year when he doesnt have the Players Championship and Tour Championship beforehand 
  • I think Ronnie is winding down.  I think he'll retire in the next couple of years.  Just doesn't seem to want it anymore
  • I know I said I wasnt going to update The Championship League but what a crazy final group.

Neil Robertson went into today top with 3 wins from 3, Trump also had 3 wins from 3.

Robertson lost his opening 2 matches today and had to beat Scott Donaldson to qualify for the Semi Finals of the Winners Group, But Scott Donaldson won 3-1 and qualified instead.

Trump had won all 6 of his group matches and finished top of the group, so the Semi Final was

Trump v Donaldson
    McGill v Dott

Donaldson beat Trump 3-1
    Dott beat McGill 3-2

This is Scott Donaldson first ever time in The Championship League and he is now in the final of the Winners Group