Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Snooker updates

Comments

• Options
    SCOTT DONALDSON IS CHAMPIONSHIP LEAGUE CHAMPION 
  • Options
    Obviously not a ranking title but will mean alot to Scott as its his first Title as a pro player and it books his place at The Champion of Champions as well, currently ranked 24th he is really starting to show something 
  • Options
    Thanks for the updates, paulie.
  • Options

I think I said before he was the one I felt was more likely to break into the top 16, seems to be getting better results every year and more than capable of beating the big guns.

Re: Ronnie, I agree with Paulie, although most people are better when they go into it with a bit of match sharpness, last time Ronnie won he played like 3 events and came in pretty much cold. Probably his best chance left, you never know but it is looking unlikely :( I would love him to win just one more but so many people have been at the top of their game this year: Trump, Robbo, Murphy, Magure and I think he has lost the fear factor. He does have it in him, but over 2 and a half weeks its going to be tough, we can dream? although hopefully he doesn't go out first round to a qualifier this year lol

• Options
    Yes he could be deliberately taking it easy this season hoping he can repeat 2013. Last year he looked like a zombie.
    I think Trump might break the Crucible hoodoo - he is way ahead of the rest at the moment.
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    So Gibraltar Open starts tomorrow with the qualifiers as I said I wont wont be doing updates on the Qualifiers as there are over 240 players lol

Only 100 fans are being let in for the main event the players were told today in a letter due to Coronavirus

Ali Carter has been advised by his doctors to pull out due to his weaker immune system his is more at risk should he contract the virus, so Jamie O'Neil will get a Bye
  • Options
    Neil Robertson
    Stephen Maguire
    Graeme Dott
    Dave Gilbert 

Have also pulled out of Gibraltar 

Neil Robertson pulling out means if Trump wins he will win the £150,000 Betvictor Series Bonus

Maguire and Dott pulling out means neither of those will make the Tour Championships and its likely Higgins will take the last spot unless Un-Nooh,Perry, Wilson or Williams win the event

Carter pulling out means he will have to qualify for the World Championships as he wont be in the top 16 by the cut of period

So not a decision any of those players would have taken lightly 
  • Options
    List of withdrawals is getting longer

Ali Carter
    Neil Robertson
    Stephen Maguire
    Graeme Dott
    Dave Gilbert 
    Jimmy White
    Fraser Patrick 
    Noppon Saengkham 
    Mike Dunn
    John Higgins 
    Mark Allen

Still expecting some more that haven't been announced yet that just wont show that haven't travelled 

• Options
    Anthony Hamilton also withdrew he actually went to Gibraltar unfortunately we he got there thanks to some baggage handlers his cue looked like this

So he pulled out of his match today
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    WST have just confirmed that at the moment The Tour Championship and The World Championship are still going ahead as planned
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    WST have just confirmed that at the moment The Tour Championship and The World Championship are still going ahead as planned
    I think the Tour Championship will go ahead, but the World Championship could be in danger as this will only get worse
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    Sorry for lack of updates but there wont be any until Sunday, will update any big casulties but its so hard to update round by roubd, you have one round starting before another has finished

For instance Bingham and Woollaston are playing there 3rd round match whilst Williams and Zhou Yuelong are playing there 2nd round match lol its so complicated haha
  • Options
    So just thought for the Gibraltar Open it as the opening 2 days are crazy it would just be simpler to update at the end of the day.

So after day 1 going into Sundays final day

Ben Woollaston v Thepchaiya Un-Nooh 
    Fergal O'Brien v Kyren Wilson 

Lyu Haotian v David Grace 
    Tian Pengfei v Mark Williams 

Then again tomorrow you have more 1st/2nd and 3rd round matches and after that we will end the day with another 8 players to complete the final 2 quarters of Sundays final day
  • Options
    The difference for Saturday and Sunday is that the event is now behind closed doors.

For the first few days they were letting 100 people in only, but as from tomorrow no one will be allowed in.

Will be interesting to see if they take the same stance with the Tour Championship now
  • Options
    I heard there was a game without a ref? The players spotted balls for each other, just like playing in the local club. 
  • Options
    I heard there was a game without a ref? The players spotted balls for each other, just like playing in the local club. 
    There was more than one
     A number of refs were unable to turn up due to flight restrictions so the outside tables had roaming refs this morning as the refs that where there had to have a rest in between matches, which meant that players where picking the balls out for their opponents, appalling really and not acceptable at a ranking event no mater what the circumstances are.

Neal Fould tried to justify it by saying the playerd are used to it in practice they usually pick the balls out for each other, but this isn't practice its a serious ranking event, what if there was a foul and a miss on one of the roaming tables and the balls needed to be replaced would they expect the 2 players to figure it out between themselves 
  • Options
    Gibraltar Open
    Last 16

Ben Woollaston v Thepchaiya Un-Nooh 
    Fergal O'Brien v Kyren Wilson 

Lyu Haotian v David Grace 
    Tian Pengfei v Mark Williams 

Rory McLeod v Jimmy Robertson
    Tom Ford v Xiao Guodong 

Ashley Hugill v Liang Wenbo 
    Li Hang v Judd Trump
  • Options
    Gibraltar Open
    Last 16
    Results

Xiao Guodong 4-2 Tom Ford 
    David Grace 4-1 Lyu Haotian
    Liang Wenbo 4-2 Ashley Hugill
    Judd Trump 4-1 Li Hang
    Jimmy Robertson 4-1 Rory McLeod
    Kyren Wilson 4-3 Fergal O'Brien
    Mark Williams 4-3 Tian Pengfei
    Thepchaiya Un-Nooh 4-2 Ben Woollaston 
  • Options
    Gibraltar Open
    Quarter Finals

Thepchaiya Un-Nooh v Kyren Wilson
    David Grace v Mark Williams 
    Jimmy Robertson v Xiao Guodong 
    Liang Wenbo v Judd Trump 
  • Options
    Gibraltar Open 
    Quarter Final 
    Results 

Judd Trump 4-1 Liang Wenbo 
    Xiao Guodong 4-3 Jimmy Robertson 
    Mark Williams 4-1 David Grace 
    Kyren Wilson 4-0 Thepchaiya Un-Nooh 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Gibraltar Open 
    Semi Finals 

Kyren Wilson v Mark Williams 
    Xiao Guodong v Judd Trump 
  • Options
    Gibraltar Open 
    Semi Final
    Results 

Kyren Wilson 4-0 Mark Williams
    Judd Trump 4-3 Xiao Guodong
  • Options
    Gibraltar Open
    Final

Kyren Wilson v Judd Trump
  • Options
    Not been a bad start to the final 3 centuries in a row, just a shame there is no crowd to witness it
  • Options
    JUDD TRUMP IS GIBRALTAR OPEN CHAMPION 
  • Options
    Gibraltar Open
    Final
    Result

Judd Trump 4-3 Kyren Wilson 
  • Options
    By winning the final Judd Trump wins £200,000,  £50,00 for winning the Gibraltar Open and £150,000 for winning the Betvictor Series 
  • Options
    Judd Trump also becomes the first player to win 6 ranking event tournaments in 1 season with a possible 2 still to go
  • Options
    Judd Trump and Kyren Wilson waving to noone with the medals lol 
  • Options
    So on Llandudno which atm is going ahead they are heading to Wales and will be setting up tomorrow so as it stands looks like it will be on.

Tour Championships
    Quarter Final

Judd Trump v John Higgins
    Neil Robertson v Ding Junhui 

Mark Selby v Yan Bingtao
    Shaun Murphy v Mark Allen

Proper event this
    Quarter Finals best of 17
    Semi Finals best of 19
    Final best of 27