Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Father Ted thread.

Comments

• Options
    Yep, me and the missus did. My facourite episode was the one with the runaway milk float. Followed by Eurovision.
  • Options
    That Would Be An Ecumenical Matter

looking back the mid 90s to early 00s were an absolute golden age of comedy - Peep Show, Spaced, Father Ted, Partridge.....just not sure what is around now to compare?
  • Options
    Oakster said:

looking back the mid 90s to early 00s were an absolute golden age of comedy - Peep Show, Spaced, Father Ted, Partridge.....just not sure what is around now to compare?

not forgetting one of my all time favourites..Operation Good Guys...
  • Options
    Oakster said:

Oakster said:

& also The Royle Family, Brass Eye, League of Gentlemen, Black Books, Marion & Geoff, The Office..all late 90s early noughties (or whatever its called)
  • Options
    Oakster said:

Oakster said:

Why hasn't that ever been repeated?
  • Options
    Operation Good Guys was superb but this is GOLD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wCRTCtT1RM
  • Options
    My dad watched it hes over 40 well over ;-)
  • Options
    edited November 2013

Not sure why Operation Good Guys has not been repeated but Ricky Gervais certainly had it on DVD....
  • Options
    Riviera said:

Everyone has their humour. Is there anyone over 45 that watched this? No one I know over 40 did.

Not been getting enough attention recently Chirpy? Ahh...g'wan you can do better than this second rate attempt at getting a rise...g'wan, g'wan, g'wan.
  • Options
    Was Operation Good Guys the programme about a load of rubbish coppers?
    If so, I think I only saw a couple of episodes and didn't think much of it. Maybe it was one of those that you have to stick with?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The Inbetweeners and The IT Crowd are the best recent ones. I can't think of anything current that I particularly find funny. Maybe I'm getting old.
  • Options
    Down with this sort of thing!

Careful now.
  • Options
    Oakster said:

Oakster said:

Oakster said:

& also The Royle Family, Brass Eye, League of Gentlemen, Black Books, Marion & Geoff, The Office..all late 90s early noughties (or whatever its called)
    And Early Doors...

My favourite bit of "Ted" that hasn't been mentioned yet was when Mrs Doyle was trying to decide how to get off the window ledge.
  • Options

Was Operation Good Guys the programme about a load of rubbish coppers?
    If so, I think I only saw a couple of episodes and didn't think much of it. Maybe it was one of those that you have to stick with?

I was exactly the same, but stuck with it and by Series 3 it was belting comedy.

• Options
    McBobbin said:

The Inbetweeners and The IT Crowd are the best recent ones. I can't think of anything current that I particularly find funny. Maybe I'm getting old.

TryToast of London with Matt Berry from IT Crowd. It's 4 or E4 I think.
  • Options

Yep, me and the missus did. My facourite episode was the one with the runaway milk float. Followed by Eurovision.

Ah the milk float episode had me in the belly aching with laughter. I love my brick! Must have missed the Eurovision one. Will buy the box set eventually.
  • Options
    DRINK! DRINK! DRINK! DRINK! DRINK!
  • Options
    Redskin said:

McBobbin said:

TryToast of London with Matt Berry from IT Crowd. It's 4 or E4 I think.
    I'll check that out. I love Matt Berry, though I swear I'm the only person who ever watched (and enjoyed) "Garth Marenghi's Darkplace"
  • Options
    RATS!

HAIRY JAPANESE BASTARDS!
  • Options
    "your hairs a bit mad"
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ted: I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do. Whereas priests...
    ...More drink!

• Options
    ahh, it was my fault for playing with the bras!
  • Options
    Mary has a lovely bottom! Ted you might offend the girls, oh right of course all the girls have lovely bottoms!
  • Options
    Mrs. Doyle: Well, whatever the equivalent they had for tea in those days, cake or something. And speaking of cake, I have cake!
    [She holds up a cupcake]

Father Ted Crilly: No, thanks, Mrs. Doyle.

Mrs. Doyle: Are you sure, Father? There's cocaine in it!

Father Ted Crilly: WHAT?

Mrs. Doyle: Oh, no, not cocaine. God, what am I on about? No, what d'you call them. Raisins.
  • Options
    I think that this is quite possibly my favourite sitcom ever - sheer perfection.

And yes, I am over 40.
  • Options
    With god as my witness, I will kick bishop Brennan up the arse!
  • Options
    Down with this sort of thing.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    What about the Annual All Priests Five-a-Side Over-75s Indoor football challenge match?
  • Options
    Loved the couple who ran the newsagent....ah the whole thing was magic, probably my favourite ever comedy series with I'm Alan P running it very close.
  • Options