Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Father Ted thread.

13»

Comments

• Options
    Riviera said:

Every generation has their humour. Is there anyone over 45 that watched this? No one I know over 40 did.

You are kidding me! I'm 53 and I remember it took me a couple of watches but I love it.
  • Options
    Remember the Drumshambo
    massacre? That was him.

Always dear to my heart, that line, as Drumshambo is the nearest town to my brother's cottage in Leitrim.
  • Options

Nice one MOG...prelude to Mrs Doyle and her f this & f that rant. Getting Jack ready for his walk and asking Dougal if he wants manual or automatic. Then sticking the bottle of Jamesons on a pole in front of his wheelchair to make him push himself.

Still crack up on that on every time :)
  • Options

Riviera said:

Every generation has their humour. Is there anyone over 45 that watched this? No one I know over 40 did.

You are kidding me! I'm 53 and I remember it took me a couple of watches but I love it.
    Last episode in 1998 so you were 38. My point proved.
  • Options

I think that this is quite possibly my favourite sitcom ever - sheer perfection.

And yes, I am over 40.

How far over 40? It finished 15 years ago.
  • Options

Riviera said:

Everyone has their humour. Is there anyone over 45 that watched this? No one I know over 40 did.

Not been getting enough attention recently Chirpy? Ahh...g'wan you can do better than this second rate attempt at getting a rise...g'wan, g'wan, g'wan.
    What on earth are you on about?
  • Options
    Must just be me, but found this programme to be as funny as Last of the summer wine........
  • Options

Must just be me, but found this programme to be as funny as Last of the summer wine........

Reading the rest of the comments, either it is just you, or you fall about laughing to the antics of three geriatric Yorkshiremen Tango... :-)
  • Options
    Riviera said:

Riviera said:

Not really...I have the full box-set and watch the re-runs now and still find them as funny as I did in 98 (when I was 31/32) :-)
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    TelMc32 said:

Riviera said:

Riviera said:

Not really...I have the full box-set and watch the re-runs now and still find them as funny as I did in 98 (when I was 31/32) :-)
    31/ 32?

Just like ya da.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Blimey, was it really that long ago? Reminds me how time seems to speed up as you get older...............
  • Options
    Wow, I never knew it was that long ago. I still feel sore from the way that Channel Four dealt with it. When any other actor or performer dies, the tv companies us it as an excuse to dig out their back catalogue. DM died in the middle of a series being shown and C4 cancelled that week's programme as "a mark of respect". The bastards!
  • Options
    I was in Dublin recently and saw a poster advertising a comedy night with Frank Kelly (the guy who played Father Jack) on the bill. Can't believe it was 17 years ago.
  • Options
    Brilliant series love it
    17 years since Ted met his maker. Wow.