Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

worse gig you've ever been to but who you expected to be good?

Comments

• Options

PJW1 said:

Level 42 - just so boring!

Should've nipped out for a fag.
    Ha ha! smoker!
  • Options
    counting crows at Wembley arena, never listened to them after that
  • Options
    PJW1 said:

PJW1 said:

Level 42 - just so boring!

Should've nipped out for a fag.
    Ha ha! smoker!
    Not me!
  • Options
    Nor me! Actually I did smoke when I saw Level 42 - Mark King amazing but the most boring band I have ever seen.

RUSH at the O2 this year were superb and I am hoping Sabbath on Dec 10th with Ozzy will be the best gig ever
  • Options
    Amongst several, the worst ? ..The Who in the very early days at the Witchdoctor/Savoy in Catford .. they were absolute rubbish, playing old Beach Boys stuff out of tune with Moon and Townshend falling about the stage either pilled out or pissed .. whatever, they were definitely taking the piss out of a club rammed full with young people who had been really looking forward to seeing them and paid what in those days was a high price for the privilege
  • Options
    You won't get fooled again though
  • Options
    PJW1 said:

You won't get fooled again though

seen them about 3/4 times since, including at the Valley, uniformly excellent .. the big stadia seem to bring out the best in them .. also, a change of management
  • Options
    Paul Wellar at the RAH a few years back. 90% of the show was his plugging numbers from his new album which no one had ever heard. Even a 50/50 split would have been acceptable.
  • Options
    The one and only gig of my own band Vampyre Days on the Manor Trading Estate Benfleet in 1984.

We were the second band on that night of two. Our singer took a dislike to the other band and started pulling they're leads out the second they over-ran sparking a lot of friction. Our drummer took speed and raced ahead at a pace we couldn't play at. The singer's mum, who was one of only a dozen people that turned up to watch, got up on the stage to slap her son around the face whist shouting, "Oh Raymond, cool it" in her violent-hippie type way. This gave him the hump even more and he marched into the ladies toilets from where he sang two songs, before completely disappearing and leaving us to do an instrumental set. My work-mates who came down from London to see it were less than impressed.

It was an absolute nightmare at the time, but it's provided me with a lot of laughs since.
  • Options
    PJW1 said:

RUSH at the O2 this year were superb

Not from where I sat! And I'm a huge fan of theirs, never been so disappointed after a gig.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Really?, - love the new album and though they were fantastic! Saw them two years ago when they did Moving a Pictures at the dome and loved that as well.

Superb band!
  • Options
    PJW1 said:

Nor me! Actually I did smoke when I saw Level 42 - Mark King amazing but the most boring band I have ever seen.

Exactly how I'd describe UB40. Took my then girlfriend to see them at wembley, one of the most boring things I've ever seen. Although to be fair, I wasn't expecting that much in the first place.
  • Options
    Signing Off - one of the best first albums ever. Hated the rest
  • Options
    Depeche Mode at the O2. Next week.
  • Options
    PJW1 said:

Really?, - love the new album and though they were fantastic! Saw them two years ago when they did Moving a Pictures at the dome and loved that as well.

Superb band!

Yep, saw them on the previous tour at the O2 (Time Machine) and they were awesome, love Clockwork Angels, just bought the remixed Vapour Trails (Just do it), but was utterly deflated after seeing them in May. The mix/sound was out of time with the band - they sounded all over the place, I was sat at the back and loads of us in that area were looking at each other with very puzzled faces.

Mate, who was sat in the gods, said they sounded fine. It was weird,

• Options
    Was semi god like about a third back and a half up.

I only got into them about three years ago and think they are awesome.

• Options
    PJW1 said:

Was semi god like about a third back and a half up.

I only got into them about three years ago and think they are awesome.

Yep, apart (for me) on that bloody night in May ;-) I'll have to get a closer seat next time!
  • Options

Depeche Mode at the O2. Next week.

I hope you're wrong!

• Options
    Sex Pistols at Ravensbourne Art Collge, December 1975.

I was there with the Afghan-coated, dope smoking hippie contigent from Henekeys in Bromlely High Street and we thought it was the worst noise we had ever heard. Susan Dallion (later known as Siouxsie) was also there with her schoolfriends, and decided they had just seen the future of rock'n'roll.

I still think I was right and Siouxsie was wrong!
  • Options
    Ever get the feeling you've been cheated?!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Shaun Ryder at Shepherds Bush empire, the twang supported and were excellent ryder was absolutely awful
  • Options
    Arctic Monkeys about 6 years ago. Really dull, going through the motions. Think their new album is great though.
  • Options
    The la's when they reformed a few years back at shepherds bush empire. Left after half an hour as it was upsetting me.
  • Options
    el_diablo said:

counting crows at Wembley arena, never listened to them after that

seen them 4 time live always found them very good .
  • Options
    BTW that Pistols gig at Ravensbourne art College was ticket only as far as I can remember, Pistols contract to play was £400.

Worst Gig New Order at Heaven under Charing Cross or Fela Kuti @ Brixton Academy.
  • Options
    Led Zeppelin at the Ally Pally in about '74.
    Plant couldn't hit the notes and when Page started fannying around with a violin bow on his axe for 25 minutes, with most of the audience creaming themselves I thought, he's mugging you off you brain dead sheep
  • Options
    Eric Clapton in Tokyo in 1987. Absolute crap.
  • Options
    Madonna at Live 8 - total shite.
  • Options
    Arctic Monkeys at Reading (Think it was 2009), think they were off their faces and played a bunch of songs from Humbug that nobody knew because it was released 2 days before the performance.
  • Options

Happy Mondays - Brixton 02. I wanted to be a great night but by the end of it my bed was the highlight of a very forgetable crap night.

Happy Mondays Brixton 12 for me. Even with his new teeth!