Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

worse gig you've ever been to but who you expected to be good?

123457»

Comments

• Options
    No.
  • Options

Not good then?

Seats OK?

Best seats yet...
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    fadgadget said:

I saw DM lots of times in 1980/81, absolutely loved em, then just can't get enough came out and they went big time. Spoiled it for me although they've made some good music since. Saw Japan, OMD and Ultaravox around the same time, also saw Ultravox with John Foxx singing. Went to see Ultravox recently...absolute tosh!! Also The Fall at Koko a couple of years ago, Mark E Smith in a wheelchair...Cack!
    I'm an oldie but I do love Editors, also, White Lies, but they disappointed at the O2 a couple of years back, not because they were bad but because it was at the O2!

You saw Ultravox with John Foxx, OMG. Pure envy. I've turned into a Japan obsessed person, so if you saw Japan, I can only say I'm not worthy to be on the same thread as you.
    I have to say I ploughed on with OMD till they Split, and in retrospect,the last couple of years were painfully bad as they left behind their experimental stuff and tried to be Bros. I'm a bit waty of the comeback scene but I'd give it a go if the Price was reasonable. Mind you the last gig I saw was the Offspring.....great, but nearly ten years ago.

You wont be disappointed with the last two OMD albums .one of which came out this year , also their gigs are top notch .
    History of modern .
    English Electric .

Got these Japan posters if anyone wants them for free: The 2nd one below is signed by the David & the band.

• Options
    Being a fan of bands like DM,New Order and Pet Shop Boys myself,it's really great to see there're quite a few 80's music lovers on here.(Thought everyone was into guitar music) Maybe we should just start a new thread ;) Speaking of Japan,has anyone followed David Sylvian's solo career? I like his early albums very much (perhaps even more than Japan's) but find his recent work absolutely difficult to listen to...
  • Options

Being a fan of bands like DM,New Order and Pet Shop Boys myself,it's really great to see there're quite a few 80's music lovers on here.(Thought everyone was into guitar music) Maybe we should just start a new thread ;) Speaking of Japan,has anyone followed David Sylvian's solo career? I like his early albums very much (perhaps even more than Japan's) but find his recent work absolutely difficult to listen to...

The 80`s synth thread , now that sounds like a idea , ive have followed DS solo ambitions , I really like a lot of it but I draw the line with the jazz trumpet parts , I have to switch off if im not in the mood .
    I can highly recommend this web site , im a VIP subscriber and its mainly new Synth stuff but very listenable
    http://www.adifferentdrum.com/

• Options
    I saw Japan in '82 absolutely brilliant, dragged some of my old vinyl out of the loft a couple of weekends ago and tried to introduce their music to my daughter (17), wasn't impressed with Japan but is now a huge Siouxsie and the Banshees fan. She has downloaded a couple of albums and hasn't stopped playing them since.
  • Options

Riviera said:

I enjoyed it Terry, seats were fine. I don't see how anyone can moan for a tenner.

Keep 'em coming.

Not that I'm moaning as Thunder made the gig worth every penny but, as I paid £50 a ticket, is it ok for me to moan?? :)

I was there..deliberately missed Thunder and Fish. I thought Hunter was brilliant (as always) but, agree, the rest need to retire. pleased to see them making some cash though and hopefully Buffin got a share

• Options

I saw Japan in '82 absolutely brilliant, dragged some of my old vinyl out of the loft a couple of weekends ago and tried to introduce their music to my daughter (17), wasn't impressed with Japan but is now a huge Siouxsie and the Banshees fan. She has downloaded a couple of albums and hasn't stopped playing them since.

Is she Spellbound ?
  • Options
    My seven year old daughter can sing 'Life in Tokyo' and a couple of other tracks. I've suddenly got into Sylvian solo after buying the 'Everything and Nothing' álbum last year. Just bought his two most recent albums. Wandermude is an aquired taste. Personally I love it, but by track seven, it sounds a bit samey. 'When loud weather buffeted Naoshima' is absolutely without structure, It lasts 70 odd minutes but so far, the furthest I've got is minute 22 when the wife begged me to switch it off.
    He did some gigs in Italy in september, but never seems to come out to Spain.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Sensational Alex Harvey Band around 1977 - rushed away from an away game at Molins Sports at New Eltham minus usual 4 post match pints and headed by car over to Bracknell prior to M25.

Arrived to find the venue was the sports centre with benches and shite acoustics and when we got through a v poor warm up SAHB arrived minus Alex and boy were they truly awful with Zal Clementson completely underwhelming as lead vocalist. Wished I'd staid after the game for the 4 pints and a night out at Scamps or Scarlets night clubs in Croydon (yeah I know it was enemy territory but they were the best clubs for us Bromley boys).
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    No CE just in the Happy House :)
  • Options
    I was in a hotel in Malaysia a few years ago and saw a band called 'Happy Chocolate'. They were truly awful and annihilated song after song. Before their much welcome break, they played "Gangster's Paradise" by Julio. They absolutely murdered it. I have to admit I had had a few pints, but as they come off the stage and into the bar area for the interval, I, for some inexplicable reason, said to the lead singer "Gangster's Paradise" was brilliant. "Thank you", he said, "What's your name?" I told him my name and started to enjoy the next pint and the lack of damage to the eardrums.

After the interval, Happy Chocolate returned. The lead singer opened up "Thank you so much for your appreciation. We're going to play this one again especially for Phil". Sure enough, they belted out "Gangster's Paradise" again so so badly. I think I had to leave the bar as I was laughing too much, which sadly seemed to damage the lead singer's confidence, but, maybe, that's my imagination. I don't think they ever became famous.
  • Options

Depeche Mode at the O2. Next week.

Well I only knew one song, and didn't realise that it was one of their's til they did it!

Judging from the audience reaction, I would have to say that they were on form - I retract my original statement.
  • Options
    kafka said:

Riviera said:

I enjoyed it Terry, seats were fine. I don't see how anyone can moan for a tenner.

Keep 'em coming.

Not that I'm moaning as Thunder made the gig worth every penny but, as I paid £50 a ticket, is it ok for me to moan?? :)

I was there..deliberately missed Thunder and Fish. I thought Hunter was brilliant (as always) but, agree, the rest need to retire. pleased to see them making some cash though and hopefully Buffin got a share

Also disappointed with Mott but enjoyed Thunder and Fish. My highlight was seeing jimmy Page about 20 rows down from me.