Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England v Germany

124»

Comments

• Options
    Smalling is a classic example of a player suffering from not playing consistent football.

Made his debut 4 1/2 years ago, he made only 10 premier league starts last season (and no idea how many at right back).

Centre half is a position of authority and wiseness. You need game time to grow into it.
  • Options
    Micah Richards? Has hardly played for about a year, if I remember rightly?
  • Options

Micah Richards? Has hardly played for about a year, if I remember rightly?

Don't think he is rated by the coaches - lacks concentration and attitude has been questioned.

• Options
    The fact that expectations are not high is a good thing--except the media will act just like the clubs they follow (Spurs/Moan Utd---Goonershit) win a game we are World Champs----Loose a game shoot the manager were all doomed.
    We aint very good----------so what---------get through the knock out stages and see what happens.
  • Options
    Micah Richards refused to go on stand by last year so I doubt he"'ll get called up again
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    I thought Gerrard was poor - too many passes into touch etc (the pundits though he was good though ?)

Walker lost the ball more times than I could be bothered to count

Cole didn't look too great

Flack all up front

Whoever took over corners after Gerrard went off hit the first defender with his first 2
  • Options
    Walker looked like he could be a player when he was woth the U21s, but he hasn't made the step up - Right back is a problem area. Left back is a strength though. I thought we lacked a full back who can deliver a qulaity ball last night - also Sturridge didn't look fully fit and Rooney needed more support. Townsend looks like a real find though.
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:

Would like to see

------------Hart
    ----Jagielka Dawson Cahill
    Richards--------------Baines
    -------Barkley-Wilshire
    ----------Gerrard
    -------Rooney Sturridge

given a go

Definitely this
  • Options
    Didn't see the whole thing but from what I did see only Townsend, Hart and perhaps Jagielka did anything to enhance their reputations.
  • Options
    It wasn't that bad. The Germans are simply better and outclassed us even with a weakend team and we made a lot of experimental changes throughout there was no flow to the game.

Cleverly should not be taken to the World Cup he was too panicky and gave the ball away easily, the big time just isn't for him.
    Quite a few players were disappointing but the defence as a whole didn't do that much of a bad job. The team worked hard.
    Townsend and lallana showed promise.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2013

Need to look at 4-2-3-1.
    Gerrard as defensive midfield with ?
    Rooney in the 3 with Barkley and ?
    Back 4, Johnson,?,Cahill and Baines.
    Walcott or Sturidge up front.

Fill the ? with the right players, defensive mentality and we will go far in Brasil.

agree about 4-2-3-1

Hart
    Johnson - Jagielka - Cahill - Baines
    Gerrard - Wilshere
    Townsend - Rooney - Barkley
    Sturridge

??
  • Options
    Lambert should start in my opinion. He's a handful and i feel this team needs to focus point up front.
  • Options

Need to look at 4-2-3-1.

Fill the ? with the right players, defensive mentality and we will go far in Brasil.

agree about 4-2-3-1

Hart
    Gerrard - Wilshere
    Sturridge

??
    I like that. Can't play 4-4-2 anymore Roy needs to get with the times.
  • Options
    edited November 2013

Lambert should start in my opinion. He's a handful and i feel this team needs to focus point up front.

agreed .. with Rooney just behind .. Sturridge flatters to deceive .. Townsend can get the crosses in .. we are not too clever at defending against the very top teams .. attack is the best option .. but NOT Kamikaze ((:>)
  • Options
    edited November 2013

Need to look at 4-2-3-1.

agree about 4-2-3-1

Hart
    Gerrard - Wilshere
    Sturridge

??
    Sturridge is overrated, disappears against any decent defense.
  • Options
    My 23 for the WC at this moment in time would be (with 4-2-3-1 the preferred formation):

GK: JHart, JRuddy, FForster
    DF: ACole, LBaines, GJohnson, GCahill, PJagielka, MDawson
    DM: SGerrard, MCarrick, FLampard, PJones
    AM: TWalcott, DWelbeck, RBarkley, JWilshere, ALallana, ATownsend
    FW: WRooney, RLambert, DSturridge, JDefoe

Walker, Smalling, Milner, Cleverly all miss out. Phil Jones on the plane as the 'utility', allowing an extra place for a striker. I wouldn't have Rooney in the three. He might not be world class but he has to lead the line with the youthful flair players behind him & an experienced centre pairing protecting the back four.
  • Options
    Hope Rooney actually delivers in this world cup, usually disappears.
  • Options
    It'd be start if we can make sure he isn't banned/injured leading up to the tournament...
  • Options
    Dave2l said:

Need to look at 4-2-3-1.

agree about 4-2-3-1

Hart
    Gerrard - Wilshere
    Sturridge

??
    I like that. Can't play 4-4-2 anymore Roy needs to get with the times.
    Exactly the team and formation I would play. Praying for a half decent right back to emerge in the next 6 months (I've heard a few pundits singing the praises of Clynes at Southampton but never seen him play to make any comment of my own!).

It's a shame that Oxlaid Chamberlain has suffered a long term injury as the last few games he played was centrally for England and he looked the business in that position. Could be an alternative to Barkley in that formation.

• Options

Hope Rooney actually delivers in this world cup, usually disappears.

Through suspension usually!