Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Tottenham - Six Goals In Open Play This Season

13»

Comments

• Options
    11 games, 17 goals? That's ridiculous.
  • Options
    Sacking the guy whom you just let spend 100million+ on players is probably dafter than letting him do it in the first place.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Chunes said:

Sacking the guy whom you just let spend 100million+ on players is probably dafter than letting him do it in the first place.

The question is whether he was the decision maker with regards to all of those signings.

For example, however much a player might be for the future, would you as Manager spend £25m plus on an attacking player (Lamella) and then not start him when he knows his side can't score or create?

• Options
    rina meant "at WHL"
  • Options
    Salad said:

rina meant "at WHL"

Ah yes that makes sense now! Doh.
  • Options

Chunes said:

The question is whether he was the decision maker with regards to all of those signings.

For example, however much a player might be for the future, would you as Manager spend £25m plus on an attacking player (Lamella) and then not start him when he knows his side can't score or create?

Earlier in the thread (Nov 24) I typed that "all transfers last season were identified by a "transfer committee" which didnt include AVB, and this year, the transfers were mainly identified by Franco Baldini, the Sporting Director, who AVB requested that Levy brought in as that was the system he worked under at Porto."

AVBs post-match press conference was quite indicative that when he was asked whether it was his team, he referred to "we" and not "I".
  • Options
    AVB gone
  • Options
    No surprise really.
  • Options
    Curbs 14/1
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    'mutual consent'

Hoddle back maybe?
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

No surprise really.

So what will Levy do now? Spend another £100m on players the Manager doesn't want?
  • Options
    Martin Jol's available...........
  • Options

JohnBoyUK said:

No surprise really.

So what will Levy do now? Spend another £100m on players the Manager doesn't want?
    I doubt it.

Hoddle back maybe?

You know what, I really wouldnt be against that. He was by the far the best tactician we ever had as a coach/manager but whether Levy would employ him again/whether Hoddle would want to work for Levy again under Baldini is a big question mark.
    Stone said:

Martin Jol's available...........

I still love BMJ (and hopefully he still loves me).

I suggest both Hoddle and Jol yesterday evening with a fellow Spurs mate and he looked at me like I'd totally lost the plot :)

Got a feeling we might see Tim Sherwood handed the reigns until the end of the season. That'll go down well, what with his Ars*nal tattoo ;)

(I've just been told Capello was at the game yesterday with Baldini. Then when you see the picture of twitter of BAE and Adebayor with smiles as wide as anything you've ever seen, makes you wonder what Levy and Baldini have been up to behind the scenes!)

• Options
    Who BAE ?
  • Options

Who BAE ?

Benoit Assou-Ekoto (sp?)

• Options
    Here you go, this will give you all a laugh.

Here's a poll on one of the locked-down Spurs forums (COYS) of who the members want to be the next manager. Basically all managers with a price of 25/1 or shorter have been included...

(Maybe just me but I dont recognise all the names on the list...)

Talk about bloody deluded. As if Hiddink or Klopp would come anywhere near Spurs. Ridiculous.

• Options
    Zola!! The bloke is on dodgy ground at Watford after 5 home defeats in a row.
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

Zola!! The bloke is on dodgy ground at Watford after 5 home defeats in a row.

Well yeah but the disclaimed on the last was anyone at 25/1 or shorter