Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Country Music

Comments

• Options

Country isn't Country anymore is it? I mean, Taylor Swift is country isn't she?

She was originally though wasn't she? Maybe not old-school though!
  • Options

ladies and gentlemen Mr Conway Twitty...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2aeRg_yMSE

I love Family Guy and the cutaways are fantastic but when Louis was having a go at Peter and they went to a cutaway which I believe was this clip it lasted to long for me
  • Options
    There is only one country song I like if you have not heard it, its definatly worth 3 minutes of your time.
    L.A Song by Christian Kane
  • Options
    agree with many if the recommendations above. Also some of Emmylou Harris's recent stuff. All I intended to be is a great album and not at all cheesy. Travis Tritt can be great. Check out his live stuff on YouTube. Richard Murray (no not our Richard Murray) - two great albums. Desert wind and borealis.
  • Options
    Oops. Forgot to mention Glen Campbell's see you there album. Put together after his Alzheimer's kicked in using vocals recorded during his last recording sessions. Some really poignant versions of his hits. A very different and tear jerking version of rhinestone cowboy.
  • Options

Big fan of Ryan Adams.

Got into the whole Alt:country thing when I saw "come down from the mountain" the documentry film of the concert from the stars of "oh Brother where art thou".

That made me seek out the film of "oh brother" which is of course brilliant.

Knew you were a man of taste
  • Options
    kimbo said:

Big fan of Ryan Adams.

Got into the whole Alt:country thing when I saw "come down from the mountain" the documentry film of the concert from the stars of "oh Brother where art thou".

That made me seek out the film of "oh brother" which is of course brilliant.

Knew you were a man of taste
    Of course, you've met me : - )

For some current UK Alt:country check out Danny and the Champions of the world and Grand Drive.
  • Options
    I'm listening to Alabama at the moment. Quality country music.
  • Options
    Lucinda Williams is very good with a unique voice. Worth a listen in my view
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    seth plum said:

Greenwich boy shows some Americans how to play the Country Guitar.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=502ZjHWBVUk

I went to see Mr King once - made me want to rush home build a big bonfire and put all my guitars on it! Absolutely superb technique.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Greenwich boy shows some Americans how to play the Country Guitar.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=502ZjHWBVUk

Classic clip :)

• Options
    I must admit, never been a fan of country music.
  • Options
    Gillian Welch is superb, put her with Robyn Hitchcock and she is heavenly
  • Options
    Peter Bruntnell -normal for briddgewater. Great alt country album
  • Options

Peter Bruntnell -normal for briddgewater. Great alt country album

Love PB's music - very under rated.
  • Options
    Lucinda Williams is well worth a listen
  • Options
    Absolutely sublime - and even better than the original.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfxBqm9kbro

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    It's the biggest and most popular music genre every free up with CM bing played in my house everyday
    My dad was/is one of the top country music journos sold his magazine rights a couple of years ago still takes tours out to the UsA and still in touch with willie Nelson Dr Hook Kenny Rogers Merle Haggerd etc.
    Funnily enough I don't listen to CM these days!!
  • Options
    This is a great, great series of CDs - epxensive over here at $25 a pop - so I am building my collection slowly. Well worth checking out if you are interested in the evolution of the genre year by year. Best liner notes ever as well

http://articles.latimes.com/2010/jan/13/entertainment/la-et-backtracking13-2010jan13
  • Options
    Toby Keith is my favourite country artist.
  • Options

I have never given country music much notice personally. However I have been trying to change that cos most country songs that I have listen to I have liked. still haven't got round to buying much apart from hank Williams and johnny cash.

I have however given gospel/bluegrass music a lot of notice over the last couple of years and have bought some pretty good albums in those two genres.
  • Options
    Oh Taylor......
  • Options
    dwight yokam very good, just done a gig at sheph bush emp.
  • Options
    Blackie and the rodeo kings just performed a great gig at Shrewsbury folk festival, a mix between The Felice Brothers and the rolling stones !
  • Options

1000 miles from nowhere. One of my fave songs. Slightly odd voice.
  • Options
    Love Country, playing Merle Haggard in the car. Really got started with Roger Miller's King of the Road, Johnny Cash Chicken in Black kills me.
  • Options

1000 miles from nowhere. One of my fave songs. Slightly odd voice.
    yeah i love that song too, i like his voice but i know what you mean.